Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Utari's Ancient and Resolute Order of House Vyronii

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts

Hi folks! So, this is my first ever Knight model, and I decided to get stuck in with the Canis Rex kit and magnetise all of the components. It took a bit of deciding for which house and colour scheme to go with, but after seeing our very own Hermanista's cool green metallic robots, and being a Dark Angels player, I decided it could only possibly be House Vyronii. I'll be posting updates here as a I go along, and who knows? Maybe this'll be the start of a Knight Army.

It's also my first time using clear paints on metallic to get a candy effect, so it's trial and error. I went with mortarion green clear in successive layers, with dark angels contrast paint over the top on edges and some recesses, rather than the under shading blue technique, as I quite like the more opaque shadows.

e79c8af806.jpg

All the parts magnetised, ready to go

4f3b73055a.jpg

Priming!

4477e7ce5f.jpg

Pilot and body work

7992498758.jpg

Getting some candy going

33486ef539.jpg

A quick spot of dry fitting!

• Focslain, Magos Takatus, walter h and 2 others like this

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts

Main body complete!

103a255bd7.jpg

105dff2847.jpg

140d6db4df.jpg

• Magos Takatus, MajorNese and Dr_Ruminahui like this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,316 posts

That green is wonderful. It's got a real depth to it.

• UtariOnzo likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts

You can stick a fork in it, coz this bad boy is done! (Except for the basing, magnetisable stubber/meltagun, but I have a big queue of models to do for that)

94e604e232.jpg

Edited by UtariOnzo, 21 November 2020 - 08:46 PM.

• Focslain, Bjorn Firewalker, walter h and 2 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,928 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work. How will you decorate his base?
  • UtariOnzo likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,093 posts

That's a good one. Love the color balance between gold, green and white. Also a good amount of detail through decals.

• UtariOnzo likes this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts
Thanks everyone! I’m really pleased how this guy turned out, and I’m already planning on additions to this illustrious House after christmas, but my Dark Angels are screaming for some attention now :P

Excellent work. How will you decorate his base?

Unsure. I do have a “grasslands” theme going with my Dark Angels bases, but my friend recently got into the hobby and is planning out and buying a whole slew of terrain that I might rebase to match to

walter h

walter h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts
Beautiful! Man the Candy is strong in this one.
Really this is a beautiful piece, and I will be looking at whatever comes next.
  • UtariOnzo likes this

gallery_30308_9518_48142.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users