Bike Chaplain + Beacon Angelis + Indomitor Kill Team

L30n1d4s

I have been looking at what Kill Teams to potentially run and a "battle group" centered around an Indomitor Kill Teamt jumped out at me recently:

-Indomitor Kill Team with 5 Heavy Intercessors (4 x Hellstorm Bolt Rilfle, 1 x Hellstorm Heavy Bolter) and 5 Aggressors (Flamestorm Gauntlets) --> Malleus Kill Team Specialization

-Biker Chaplain with "Beacon Angelis" relic and Master of Sanctity  (Litany of Hate, Catechism of Fire, Canticle of Hate) --> WL Trait "Wise Orator" 

-Impulsor with Primaris Apothecary (Chief Apothecary, WL Trait "Selfless Healer"), Primaris Librarian (Fortified with Contempt/Premorphic Resonance powers), Primaris Lieutenant with "Dominus Aegis" relic, and 3 x Bladeguard Veterans

Start the game with the Biker Chaplain and Impulsor hidden near the front lines and the Indomitor KT hidden deep in your DZ, where the opponent can't get to them. Turbo-boost the Biker Chaplain up 20" and the Impulsor 14" (with 3" disembark and 6" move for passengers). At the end of the Movement phase, use the Beacon Angelis to teleport the Indomitor KT within 6" of the Chaplain (and within 12" of the target enemy unit).

Psychic Phase, priority is "Fortified with Contempt" on the Indomitor Kill Team (if you can get "Premorphic Resonance," great, since that cancels out the -1 to Hit from the Aggressor Boltstorm Gauntlets in combat).

Shooting phase, use the Strat "Commanding Oratory" to autocast Catechism of Fire on the Indomitor KT, and then hit the enemy with approx 35 x S4 AP-1 flamer hits and 15 x S5 AP-1 Heavy Bolt Rifle shots (all with +1 to Wound and, if the enemy target is a Dedicated Transport, LOW, or Heavy Support, re-roll all to Wounds as well). From hordes of infantry all the way to medium (i.e. T7 3+ save) vehicles, this should be quite devastating. 

Charge Phase, if necessary charge the Indomitor KT into whatever enemy unit(s) are left, using their 30W at T5 and 5++ (from the Lieutenant's Dominos Aegis) and the 5+++ FNP (from "Fortified with Contempt") to absorb any enemy counter-attacks. If you do lose models, next turn resurrect one with the Apothecary and heal another back to full health, as the situation dictates. Also, you have the Lieutenant and Bladeguard ready to charge in and assist on future turns with any prolonged combats.

Since the Indomitor KT is Objective Secured, you can take any nearby objectives and "rinse and repeat" this method all game (without the Beacon Angelis, of course, but the Kill Team is already into enemy lines at this point).

I like it, though I would not be trying to charge with my indomitor kill team without having an inceptor in there as a fail safe to get my guys out of combat (stratagem).

Used to run a first born version of this last edition, but now we have the impulsor to get a few extra primaris guys forward enough to maximize damage.

Can you run Vigilance Incarnate nearby for the Malleus team to get full re-roll wounds? Or maybe you choose heavy support as the mission tactic?