Tested and valid : 2k BA

Fobzter

Been testing different index lists, my first draft was two redemptors and reiver LT with rites of battle. After several games the obsec stuff were so rare that no point.. Now little less than 10 competitive games with my new list, I feel Like this is solid for playing the mission.

My question is should I swap the Blade vets into assault terminators with TH&SS?

So my list:

Sanguinary priest / jump pack / selfless healer / chief apothecary / icon of the angel

Mephiston / psychic fortress / null zone / might of heroes

primaris chaplain on bike / mantra of strength / warlord (imperium's sword) / benediction of fury

5x incursors

5x infiltrators

5x intercessors / power fist

6x blade vets

8x sanguinary guard / angelus boltgun & encarmine sword

6x inceptors / plasma exterminators

outriders

outriders

6x eradicators (mostly combat squadded)

MvP has been smash chaplain, which I gladly trade to something more expensive with fight in death..

plasma inceptors lack rerolls, but sang. priest can bring them back.

I lack a bit of shootyness compared to my dual redemptor list with heavy plasma accompanied with librarian dread giving those rerolls via strat..

what do you think overall, would this be viable also in your meta and any thought on if I should try out those terminators, 4 TH&SS and LC's on the sergeant with teleport homer is the same points as 6 blade vets.

Edited by Fobzter

Definitely looks like a solid list to me. What is your reasoning behind having one each of the troop selections? And what made you choose Mephiston over a LibDread?

Well, I've run several mixes of primaris troops, I really like the incursor squad in this regard. I found myself leaving the assault intercessor squad on the backfield objective contributing only as an objective holding unit. Regular intercessors field this role better with longer ranged shooting. Infiltrator unit is used to screen my mid board from deepstrike assault threats or such.

Mephiston is just a cool model and infantry keyword let's it go through solid walls, even that I lack transport. Libby dread worked as a buffer and counter charger for my redemptors.

Looks pretty cool! Not sure how well Mephy synergises with this list without the Sanguinary Discipline. Any idea what powers you will be running?

I would ditch the Gleaming Pinions on the Priest and give him Armour Indomitus instead. He is a bit squishy with just 4 wounds and a 3+. The SG will normally be leading the charge so I prefer to give him some extra protection. For the amount fo buffs he gives the SG, you can bet an opponent will try and remove him from the equation for +1W, a 2+ save and a one-off 3++ will go a long way towards helping keep him alive and buffing.

My Plasmaceptors have worked very well for me so far but I have been running them with a Captain. Without his rerolls, you can easily lose half the squad each time you overcharge. :ohmy.: I would go so far as to suggest that a Jump Captain would probably fit into this list better than Mephy.

I have been having great sucess with my MM Attack bikes so far. They are slightly more durable than Eradicators and much faster. Plus they can still get 2 shots each, even if they split fire. If you drop one squad of Outriders, you could upgrade the Eradicators to 2x3 MM Attack bikes.

powers are listed already in the initial list. Dante is intrigueing with his -1 to hit.. listening Darkness in the Blood audible.. and Mephy and Dante side by side would be really fluffy atleast.

I have way too many firstborn marines, but I try to skip them at this point. You have a point on those multi-melta attack bikes for sure.

How you guys run those smash captains these days, with power fist or teeth of terra?

I try to keep the priest away from combat anyway and give those charge rerolls to blade vets too.

How you guys run those smash captains these days, with power fist or teeth of terra?

I have turned Captain Smash into Captain Swash. I have given him a nice ornate sword from the SG set that I can run as either an MC Power Sword or a Relic Blade depending on how the points on the list is. S7 AP-3 2D is pretty decent and I prefer to stay away from the stuff with a -1 to-Hit now that the Captain can no longer reroll his own 1s. If you want to increase the damage you can either Master Craft it for 3 Damage and/or give him the Imperium's Sword WLT for S8 on the charge 5A and rerolling charges.

I try to keep the priest away from combat anyway and give those charge rerolls to blade vets too.

The Priest really needs to be close to a melee unit to be worthwhile, otherwise just take an Apothecary. I may be missing something but how does the Priest give BGVs charge rerolls?

Brain fart.. I mean icon of the angel NOT gleaming pinion..

OK, that makes a lot more sense now.

SG vs BGV is an interesting one. They both a similar damage output, with the SG probably having an edge in being able to take Fists to tackle tougher opponents. They both have access to a custom Ancient to boost them further. The BGVs have a real edge on durability with an extra wound and a 4++ but they need a ride to get about while the SG have both Deep Strike and a 12" move.

I play a lot of 1500 point games so for me it would probably be one or the other but at 2000 points, I can see the value in taking both for a hammer and anvil approach.