Mazer Rackham

That was my take on it, the aux launcher would be like adding a M203 to a M4, it just adds tactical options. The chainsword does the same as it can double as a breaching tool if needed, just like the krak grenades do (and add some lite ant-armour ability).

It's hard to plan for such a vague mission...

Yeah, the problem you have is the story has a bit of build up, whereas Tech's has a bit more straightforward (at the moment) and the reason is you're a very experienced chap with the system and I need both of your campaigns to be different so I don't start blending the two.  They're similar superficially, but that will change as it goes on.

That and I'm trying to give you lads room to roleplay - which you're doing well with.

Don't fret, the fun's coming.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I get new frames Saturday it looks like. And I like your idea of one in the hand and one slung on the back. Also I think I may have never finished my xp spending. So we need to confirm that too. Thank you guys for being patient with me. 

Edit: idea... Shotgun has special ammo too right? like envenomed rounds and fire blast kinds of things I think. 

Edited by TechCaptain

That's my bad, no worries - through a lack of reading comprehension, I thought you weren't too keen on the spec bolt ammo for some reason.  Not a problem to take both :)   I assume you have settled on the Bolter-shotgun combo then? 

Patience is a two way street brotter, ;)  I am pleased your glasses are now fabricated - praise the Omnissiah for his benevolence!

MR.

Just as an FYI, whilst Blackthorn is up and running Steel, I'll be focussing on TechCaptain's campaign as you're massively further ahead anyway.  I'll still be working on the next phase for you both, so there will be progress for each of you, but this will allow me to juggle my time a bit.

Hope that is acceptable for you both?

MR.

Thanks for all this Mazer so. Yea Shotgun/bolter version list of equipment is what I am going with and I think filling in my XP with some of stuff from the tactical chart works. I haven't had much time to be on since my kittens chewed my home computer power cord. (This season is being a bummer to me. ) But I have been researching and thinking on path forward so next day or so I should have my travel time post up. 

Well that must've been a shocking experience for said kittens... I wonder how man of their nine lives got used up there...

They did it twice as they chewed my spare phone charge cable as well so I don't know how many lives left but they are not learning from it. My wife next weekend wants to rearrange our rooms so it less likely to happen and we get more craft space. So yea. Busy season. Good news though I will have more time to do models and RP. 

Thanks for all this Mazer so. Yea Shotgun/bolter version list of equipment is what I am going with and I think filling in my XP with some of stuff from the tactical chart works. I haven't had much time to be on since my kittens chewed my home computer power cord. (This season is being a bummer to me. ) But I have been researching and thinking on path forward so next day or so I should have my travel time post up. 

No worries!

I suggest changing electro-charged Drukhari kittens out for something more placid, like a Tasmanian devil or something!

MR.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you worry, PBP is a slow burn fuse, it just also happens to allow tons of explosive to go off at the end! :)

A good post - making me work for it eh?  Only fair!  Will have the reply up in a day or so if that's alright?

MR.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct sir - my apologies as I should have given more direction.  My GM cogs are rusty it seems :)

You'll need a D100 against your Perception Stat, but because you are a Marine you always get +10 to the roll.

Further, since you are wearing power armour, you get another +10, so essentially you get +20.

As the roll is made more difficult by the circumstances of the ground (the wind and sands have shifted quickly, marring the scene) you are at a -20 disadvantage.  These two modifiers therefore cancel each other out, so you need to roll D100 (either Orkos online roller, or even good old fashioned dice on your table/workspace/bunker floor) and post up the result in the IC Thread for Op Midnight.

The amount of information you gain will be based on the success or failure of the roll.  If you roll below your Perception stat by a round 10, this is called a Degree of Success (DoS).  These are cumulative, so for example if your Perception is 41 and you roll 21, you have scored a PASS plus 2 x DoS.

Equally, should you roll above your stat by a full 10 (51 as opposed to 41) this is a FAIL plus 1 x Degree of Failure (DoF).

The format for your roll should accompany a little prose.  Do your roll first, then add description, so in the first example where you passed, you could say that tracking herd beasts on your homeworld was more difficult, or if you fail, perhaps a saying will come to mind about muddied waters harbour no fish etc.

So far your posts have been great, a pleasure to read and respond to and I'm glad it's mutual!

If you need further guidance, just shout up, it's what we're here for.

Hope that helps, and may the dice favour you, Bloodmoon Hunter!

MR.

So looking back at my Character I think I get another +10 (+5 Perception/Intelligence for my Chapter and additional +5 from my Armor based off the Mark for a total of Plus 15 from armor.)

I rolled a die and got 23. Once I figure out this stuff I will have another post out today. 

Looking at your calculations and extra bonuses, you have a good handle on it.

So your Stat from what you rolled on the Character sheet, plus an overall +10.

A 23 looks good, we just have to work out your DoS.  :)

I had a look at your character thread post here, and realised we could be in trouble as we appear to have missed rolling that stat and I never noticed - d'oh!  Please go ahead and roll it up as well and edit your character post with the numbers.  I'm sorry to give you more work, but it will be worth it in the end!

MR.