Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fiends of the Apocalypse - Mortals

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
Hello all, this will be my WIP thread for my homebrew Tzeentchian LATD/CSM army. I have been working on them for a while; it originally started as a lore project for a Liber challenge years ago. It's gone through significant revisions, as I have been kind of updating the lore to better match the models I had my eye on. When I first developed this army lore (2015), my son was a newborn, the Great Rift was still just the Eye of Terror, the Age of Sigmar was just begun and a whole bunch of awesome models hadnt been released.

Now it's 2020, and my gosh has GW released some sweet conversion bait.  I've only really gotten my CSM/TS stuff painted up, but I wanted to share the conversions I've done so far.

Crow Sisters
The first of these I'll showcase (although they are the latest of my mortals, and still WIP) are what I call Crow Sisters. A coven of low-level female psykers, the warband uses them as assassins' and covert warfare.

med_gallery_63667_16765_15360.jpeg

This is actually my latest one I have completed, and the one that inspired me to start this thread. It inspired me because, although I quite like it, the pose is absurd lol. I used Warcry Cypher lords as a base, with Tzaangor pistols and Kairic Acolyte blades. The heads are from Maxmini, which recently reopened!. Whilst on the rest of these I replaced the entire blade with the Kairic swords, due to the pose I only modified the right sword by cutting off the end and adding in the tip of a curved Kairic blade.

med_gallery_63667_16765_13987.jpeg

Just like its Warcry base, I imagine this one as a unit leader of sorts. Though its kind of hard to see, I replaced the fan with a Kairic dagger. If R&H get more expansive rules, or a suitable fandex comes out, I could see it as a type of HQ unit.

med_gallery_63667_16765_30796.jpeg
med_gallery_63667_16765_54199.jpeg
med_gallery_63667_16765_22147.jpeg

I find the Tzaangor pistols fit really well onto these arms. Unfortunately, I didn't have a left hand auto pistol left for this last one. Though you cant see it, I did glue some extra shuriken onto her back as a "counts as" autopistol. My idea for them being low-level psykers includes the ability to launch the Cypher Lords chakram and shuriken bits through telekinesis.

med_gallery_63667_16765_17608.jpeg

This last one showcases the whole "shuriken as autopistols" idea.

Overall, not sure what role these would really fill with our current Legends rules. I could run them as pistol/ccw cultists, but they just seem a bit too fancy for that (and I have a different group of converted models to cover that idea). I think they could make good stand-ins for Tzaangors, particularly to represent pistol/ccw Tzaangors, though that is less of a R&H thing and more Thousand Sons.

Edited by sitnam, 18 November 2020 - 03:37 AM.

• Tallarn Commander and Lukoi like this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,043 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

They could be disciples or marauders(?). They certainly standout and look too ornate and special to be mere cultists!

• sitnam likes this

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 862 posts
Nice conversion. They could also be members of a large melee-oriented Renegade Command Squad.

I'm also glad to hear MaxMini has reopened.
  • sitnam likes this

My Chaos Blog (Night Lords, World Eaters, Renegades & Heretics)    http://www.bolterand...ds-vs-tallarns/

My Imperial Guard Blog (Tallarn 23rd)   http://www.bolterand...larn-23rd-blog/

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts

Thanks for the feedback! I don't think they will really work as Disciples since Disciples' can no longer take pistol/ccw iirc, but they can definitely work as Marauders in that case. These ladies definitely seem a bit big for cultists, as the Cawdor figures I'm using for a different set of R&H infantry are notably smaller. 

I'm really happy MaxMini is back up. They had a ton of great bits.

Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users