Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gore Crow's Project Log - 30k Night Lords

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Greetings, welcome to my thread where I'll dump the things I'm slowly working on.

Currently I'm muddling around with a HH NL force just as a break from my 40K & AT, maybe I'll be able to play it one day. These are the first models I've used an airbrush and oils on so C&C is welcome!

Praetor

WXNdWxam.jpg0OWkmf0m.jpg

Night Raptors

2KEhx3wl.jpg?1EoE4w0Yl.jpg?1

Half a Terror Squad

oqcWfBul.jpg?1

I've got one and a half terror squads, a chaplain, an apothecary, a contemptor and five more night raptors WIP

Edited by Gore Crow, 09 December 2020 - 09:21 AM.

• space wolf, stretch_135, Dosjetka and 10 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,842 posts

More of Curze's loons is always good.

Especially as these ones are very well-painted

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard and Gore Crow like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,539 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent works.
  • Gore Crow likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Thanks both!

Completed Terror Squad

R6pDlOLl.jpg?1

As a treat for doing a squad, next up is this happy little contemptor.

iCU7vDil.jpg

• Kizzdougs, Bjorn Firewalker, Loquille and 2 others like this

Loquille

Loquille

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts

The Terror Squad is looking great. 

• Gore Crow likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,539 posts
Excellent work on the Terror Squad. The Contemptor looks most promising with his many trophies.
  • Gore Crow likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,192 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion
Great to see you starting up a thread, I've enjoyed following your content on Instagram and in the 30k chat. These chaps are well painted and the Raptors are well converted. I like the Terror squad poses as well. I'm not completely sold on the Contemptor's pose, but I'm looking forward to seeing you paint it and tackle the trophies.
  • Gore Crow likes this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Thanks Pearson, appreciate all your support! I agree, the pose is not as dynamic as I'd liked - I should have had some blutack to try out stances.

Hopefully a better picture will help somewhat too! The arms are magnetised as well.

Unfortunately I have lent out my BFTBG so the gore will have to wait a little while. 

bVlhiGVl.jpg

EmYNbyUl.jpg

IjTmsZCl.jpgh3ehjDHl.jpg

o7aK46dl.jpg

Next up is probably some more night raptors once my MKIV assault weapons arrive.

• StratoKhan, stretch_135, Dosjetka and 5 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,539 posts
The paint and weathering are well-applied. I eagerly await seeing the Contemptor bloodstained and gory. Will you get a Primaris Marine model, messily saw it in half, and green stuff some entrails to decorate the Dreadnought's base?
  • Gore Crow likes this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

No primaris around yet, but maybe some unlucky Dark Angel grunt :)

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,192 posts

Solid paint job on the Contemptor, quick too! I'm looking forward to seeing some gore on there.

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Thanks! 30k is new and exciting to me, I'm sure I'll slow down to my usual painting pace eventually. 

Spent tonight building more Night Raptors - had a much easier time thanks to switching the front half of the raptor torsos for mkIV ones, and mostly arming them using the FW power weapons set. Also means less trim to paint so a nice double win there.

Also bodging up a librarian because it's nice to have one of every consul, right?

Zc0XcNSh.jpg?1

Edited by Gore Crow, 24 November 2020 - 07:48 PM.

• stretch_135, Kizzdougs, Pearson73 and 4 others like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,192 posts
The new Raptors look good, cutting down on the trim will be a godsend, the chaos kits are a bit of a nightmare to paint! That Dark Vengeance Librarian works well for the Night Lords, the cowled head gives a sinister feel to the piece.
  • Gore Crow likes this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Had some trouble with my airbrush which has delayed getting my real dudes done - but I did manage to dig this old guy out, strip it, and recommission for the VIII. 

h0746Kyl.jpg?1

nrP3IPXl.jpg?1

• Grotsmasha, Bjorn Firewalker, Tallarn Commander and 1 other like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,192 posts

Liking the weathering and chipping on the Tarantula, it's not a model I often see, but it's a nice little piece.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,539 posts
Fine work on the Tarantula.

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Night Lords Librarian

mxSC995l.jpg?1tXlcSGMl.jpg?1

• Sandalphon, Dosjetka, Bjorn Firewalker and 5 others like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,192 posts

Nice job on the Librarian, the hourglass icon on the leg is really nicely done.

• Gore Crow likes this

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts
  • Faction: Necrons
Great work Gore Crow! Is your name inspired by the Abhorsen series by any chance?
  • Gore Crow likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,539 posts
The Librarian looks impressively intimidating. Is he Force choking an Imperial lapdog?
  • Gore Crow likes this

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Great work Gore Crow! Is your name inspired by the Abhorsen series by any chance?

It's the name of my Adeptus Titanicus legio - but GW may well have gotten it from there!

The Librarian looks impressively intimidating. Is he Force choking an Imperial lapdog?

You bet! That or innocent civilians...

• Miek likes this

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Isn't that the limited and now OOP Librarian from the 6th and 7th edition starter boxes? Very nice work on the libby. Looking forward to more of your folks. Subbin' to your thread!

• Gore Crow likes this

J25oay8.jpg

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Thanks man! Your NL have been a big influence

My Terrormaster/chaplain
tfkbqeim.jpg?15RmgO50m.jpg?1
EJUVjPkm.jpg?1ccuKGvFm.jpg?2

• Dosjetka, LameBeard, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and 1 other like this

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Very glad you removed that derpy Praetor head that the stock kit comes with. If I might offer some suggestion; the loin cloth metallics are very shiny and blend in with the rest. Maybe to differentiate that it's slightly different type of iron/metal, give it a wash of some brown/earth tones? Avoiding the hooks, to make them pop.

• Gore Crow likes this

J25oay8.jpg

Gore Crow

Gore Crow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Thanks I gave it a wash of agrax, it looks much better. The sheer amount of light I'm blasting at them for my pictures may also be washing them out

Apothecaries

cp3Z2XZl.jpg?1

• Bjorn Firewalker, LameBeard and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users