Gore Crow's Project Log - 30k Iron Hands

Gore Crow
Go to solution Solved by Gore Crow,

Greetings, welcome to my thread where I'll dump the things I'm slowly working on.

Currently I'm muddling around with a HH NL force just as a break from my 40K & AT, maybe I'll be able to play it one day. These are the first models I've used an airbrush and oils on so C&C is welcome!

Praetor

WXNdWxam.jpg0OWkmf0m.jpg

Night Raptors

2KEhx3wl.jpg?1EoE4w0Yl.jpg?1

Half a Terror Squad

oqcWfBul.jpg?1

I've got one and a half terror squads, a chaplain, an apothecary, a contemptor and five more night raptors WIP

Edited by Gore Crow

Great to see you starting up a thread, I've enjoyed following your content on Instagram and in the 30k chat. These chaps are well painted and the Raptors are well converted. I like the Terror squad poses as well. I'm not completely sold on the Contemptor's pose, but I'm looking forward to seeing you paint it and tackle the trophies.

Thanks Pearson, appreciate all your support! I agree, the pose is not as dynamic as I'd liked - I should have had some blutack to try out stances.

Hopefully a better picture will help somewhat too! The arms are magnetised as well.

Unfortunately I have lent out my BFTBG so the gore will have to wait a little while. 

bVlhiGVl.jpg

EmYNbyUl.jpg

IjTmsZCl.jpgh3ehjDHl.jpg

o7aK46dl.jpg

Next up is probably some more night raptors once my MKIV assault weapons arrive.

Thanks! 30k is new and exciting to me, I'm sure I'll slow down to my usual painting pace eventually. 

Spent tonight building more Night Raptors - had a much easier time thanks to switching the front half of the raptor torsos for mkIV ones, and mostly arming them using the FW power weapons set. Also means less trim to paint so a nice double win there.

Also bodging up a librarian because it's nice to have one of every consul, right?

Zc0XcNSh.jpg?1

Edited by Gore Crow

• 2 weeks later...

Very glad you removed that derpy Praetor head that the stock kit comes with. If I might offer some suggestion; the loin cloth metallics are very shiny and blend in with the rest. Maybe to differentiate that it's slightly different type of iron/metal, give it a wash of some brown/earth tones? Avoiding the hooks, to make them pop.