Wolfing up my Blade Guard Veterans

Karhedron

I have finally received my copy of Indomitus and I have been looking at wolfing up the various units. For the Intercessors and Eradicators just a few wolf tails here and there should do but for my Bladeguard I want to go to town a bit more since these are effectively my Primaris Wolf Guard. Here is the first dude and I am pretty pleased with how he has turned out.

gallery_82363_15236_21468.jpg

Thoughts comments or suggestions welcome.

Here is the next chap to be converted. This guy was slightly trickier as the fore-arm was moulded onto the original Storm Shield. This means I had to chop up a fore-arm from one of the SW sprues to make a replacement. Fortunately the sprue comes with plenty of spare alternate arms. The replacement is not quite a perfect match but I think it will look fine once painted.

gallery_82363_15236_26610.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay Brothers, I got side-tracked by a Sanguinary Priest project. :wink:

I have now finished them and I am pretty pleased with how they have turned out. They hit the balance I was looking for of being definitely wolfy whilst still being recognizably BG veterans.

med_gallery_82363_15236_230231.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_230231.jpg

med_gallery_82363_15236_142277.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_142277.jpg

funny how far a shield and head swap goes

look closer: the totems on the packbacks were also switched - and some wolfy bits added to the lower body/beltbuckle.

Sure there are SW-BVG with much more fur out there. imho four sw-bits on a primaris is already enough to identify legion affiliation, considering that even the most experienced primaris have mediocre experience compared to other veterans.

funny how far a shield and head swap goes

look closer: the totems on the packbacks were also switched - and some wolfy bits added to the lower body/beltbuckle.

Sure there are SW-BVG with much more fur out there. imho four sw-bits on a primaris is already enough to identify legion affiliation, considering that even the most experienced primaris have mediocre experience compared to other veterans.

Keep in mind that some Greyshields fought in the Scouring, so may be very experienced in that respect.

And conversely, some Wolf Guard got promoted into the Wolf Guard very quickly. Logan Grimnar was inducted into the Chapter in 313.M41 and inducted into the Wolf Guard in 357.M41 - that's only 44 years.

So you could easily have experienced Primaris Wolf Guard  fighting alongside less experienced Firstborn Wolf Guard.

• 6 months later...

I realised I forgot to post the finished squad. After some deliberation, I turned the Indomitus Captain into a regular Veteran with a Shield slung on his back. I have so many Captains/Wolf Lords, I felt I didn't really need another.

The Lieutenant can be run as a Sergeant for the squad or as a Lt since they have the same loadout. Really pleased with how the whole squad came out. They have also been performing really well on the table top so far. The only thing that has really given them a pounding so far is a C'tan shard. That is fair since it costs twice as many points, spits out mortal wounds and has a stratagem to ignore Invulnerable saves. Against everything else they have more than held their own.

gallery_82363_15236_99713.jpg