First Deathwatch 2k List

Brother Lame

Hey guys,

I've been working on building and painting bits and pieces of Deathwatch on and off over the last couple of months, and now the new Codexes are here I'm ready to start getting a bit more serious with it. I've spent a good while looking over the books and playing around in Battlescribe and have settled on the following which I'm looking for some feedback and ideas for. This is primarily for casual play locally but as ever I would like it to still be a decent list in case I ever decide to take it to an event in the future or something.

-----------------------------------------

Battalion Detachment, 2000pts

HQ:

Watchmaster -

Spear of the First Vigil, A Vigil Unmatched stratagem (Paragon of their Chapter: Salamanders + Imperium's Sword)

= 125pts

Terminator Captain

TH + SS, Dominus Aegis (additional Relics stratagem)

= 120pts

TROOPS:

Proteus Kill Team -

Watch Sergeant with Combi-Plasma and Xenophase Blade

Veteran with Combi Plasma and Power Sword

Veteran with Infernus Heavy Bolter

Veteran with Infernus Heavy Bolter

Veteran with Frag Cannon

= 178pts

Proteus Kill Team -

Watch Sergeant with DW Boltgun and Xenophase Blade

2 x Veteran with DW Boltgun + SS

2 x Veteran with Frag Cannon

= 150pts

Proteus Kill Team -

Watch Sergeant with DW Boltgun and Xenophase Blade

2 x Veteran with DW Boltgun + SS

2 x Veteran with Frag Cannon

3 x Terminator with SB + PF

2 x Terminator with Cyclone Missile Launcher and SB + PF

= 380pts

Fortis Kill Team - 

Intercessor Sergeant with Auto Bolt Rifle and Chainsword

4 x Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles

5 x Hellblasters with Assault Plasma Incinerators

= 265pts

Elites:

Primaris Apothecary -

Chief Apothecary upgrade

= 95pts

Venerable Dreadnought -

Twin-linked Lascannon and Stormbolter

= 155pts

Venerable Dreadnought -

Twin-linked Lascannon and Stormbolter

= 155pts

Fast Attack:

Veteran Bike Squad -

Watch Sergeant with Thunder Hammer

4 x DW Veteran Bikers with Chainswords

= 165pts

Flyers:

Corvus Blackstar -

Twin-Linked Lascannon, Hurricane Bolter, Stormstrike Missles and Auspex Array

= 200pts

Combined Total: 1988pts

----------------------------------

So I already have the Watchmaster, Terminator Captain, the first DW Veteran Squad, one of the Ven Dreads and the Corvus Blackstar painted and ready to go, so ideally I'd like to go ahead and use those as they are, happy to consider alternatives to the Captain however. I've already got the kits for the Bikers, Fortis Team and the Corvus-borne squads so ideally would like to include those if possible, the second Dreadnought, Terminators and Apothecary I'm also happy to consider alternatives for.

The general game plan in my head is to combat squad the Terminators off from the Veterans and then put the two identical Veteran Kill Teams in the Corvus with the Watch Master and drop them in together where they can presumably shoot enemies off and objective and hopefully be reasonably hard to shift. The Terminators will be in teleport reserve with the intention of dropping in with the Captain wherever he ends up.

The Fortis Kill Team will walk up the map along with the Chief Apothecary and try to bully things off objectives and clear out enemy troops. I've not built these guys yet, nor have I fielded Hellblasters before so is this a reasonable squad loadout, or should I be looking at the other two sets of weapon variants? I was also wondering whether it was best to field them as one group of 10 or combat squad them into Sgt + 2 Ints, 2 HBs and 2 Ints, 3 HBs (or another combination). There's 12 points left unspent currently I believe so should I give the Sergeant a Power Fist?

The remaining Proteus Kill Team can be flexible and either follow the Fortis Team up the board or more likely sit on backfield objectives where the Infernus Heavy Bolters can shoot from and the combi-plasmas and frag cannon can help keep things away and deter charges.

Dreadnoughts will be tank hunting and bodyguarding the Fortis blob or rushing other objectives to try and bully things off them. I've never used Bikers before so they'll probably be on chaff hunting duty and backline harassment. The Terminators will probably teleport in wherever the Captain ends up.

The Terminator Captain with the Dominus Aegis is intended to be deep struck in where he seems most useful, so either with that Corvus bunch if they somehow aren't enough on their own or more than likely somewhere in near the Fortis mob to give them the Rites of Battle re-rolls and invulnerable save aura. I figure him plus the obsec Terminators should give the force some extra flexibility.

Any feedback you might have would be greatly appreciated, especially in regards to the Corvus-borne Kill Teams and their loadouts. Thanks for your time and I hope this post wasn't too agonising to read - I'm awful at not rambling.