Order of Eternal Redemption - WIP

jgascoine011

Started a new sisters of battle army, probably at the wrong time as I have a thesis to submit in a weeks time, but once lock down is over I can't wait to get a few games with them.

I have bought pretty much everything that I want, I might buy a few exorcists at a later date if I want to be a bit more competitve with them, but this is more of a fun army. It is pretty much all 3rd party, apart from the immolators.

Its pretty much centred around repentia squads, back up with penitent engines & mortifiers.

Celestine is in it because she also used to be a repentia.

So far I have got:

Celestine

Cannoness

Missionary

Priest

Repentia Superior

3x5 Repentia

3x5 Battle Sisters 

2x5 Seaphim

3 Immolators (with meltas)

2x4 Penitent engines (with flamers and buzz blades

4 Mortifiers (with heavy bolters and flails)

Will manly be running it as bloody wise with the passion but might mix a few things up.

Pic of what is built so far

IMG 1042

I can't wait to start painting it, but that will have to wait until this thesis is submitted unfortunatly.

Edited by jgascoine011

Nice- I see some Raging Heroes Mortifier/ Pennies in the background- any plans to add the War Pulpit? Racy model, so not to everyone's taste, but Raging Heroes is rabbit hole.

I love the pulpit, but want to replace its arms and legs with armiger bits so its more consistent with the Sisters Aesthetic- I don't like the mask details on its elbows and knees- they seem more Aeldari than Imperial.

Yea, its pretty much all raging heroes stuff lol, only the tanks are GW.

It actually wasnt even that expensive, i managed to get a few discounts and it came to less than what GW charges which is showing the complete oberdity of their prices right now.

I do love the big war pulpit but there is not much use for it.

I agree with the knee pads, they do seem a bit out of place, i would be tempted to replace them but not sure with that

• 2 weeks later...

IMG 1048

Finished building the army, well the bodies anyway.

Have started to paint the repentia squads, with just getting the base colours down.

Also had a 2k game vs ultra marines.

Was such a fun game. The mortifiers and penitent engines just ran forward to be a huge distraction, while the rest of the army sat on objectives. By the time he had killed them I was so far ahead on points and my repentia were able to counter srike.

My miracle dice were just terrible where I rolled 4 1's in a row, and the higest i got was a 4, which i only got once lol. However when he killed my cannoness I had a bunch of 1's to bring her back to life which was hilarious.

The seraphim squad were interesting. The 1st unit fluffed their damage on a deadnough only doing 4 wounds to it, but did get me the final Deploy scrambers that i needed before dying. The 2nd unit killed the dreadnought, and a lone attack bike. Then were able to jump on another objective getting and killed a lieutenant.

Celestine is kind of meah. Being able to fly is useful, but she is not great in combat. S7 is nice, but D2 is kind of meah. She did tank a thunderhammer and then kill his captain. I think she is better a killing of weaker support characters though. 

The cannoness with the billion attacks was just hilarious, killing a bunch of bikers, a intersessor squad, dying, being brough back to life, and then kill a lieutenant.

Such a fun army and kind of fits nicely in 9th where you want good firepower with decent combat potential. The only weakness they have is staying power

Soooo

I had a game the other day against Iron warriros/daemons list

So his list revolved around a lot of daemon engines supported by 2 disco lords and master of possessions, backed up with a khorne daemon prince.

The main trick with the list is 3 decimators with soul burners, which explode on a 6 to hit and 6 to wound, all hitting on 2's and doing MW on 2's, re-rolling 1's.

To say that again, that is 3 T7, 12W, decimators, all having a 3+/4++, which do 4D3 MW, with 6s to hit/wound going an additional MW, all hiting on 2's....just what was the FW team smoking when they thought up that?

Oh also, they each heal a wound at the start of their turn and for 1CP can heal 3 more wounds. They can also move 10" and advance and shoot, so effective minimum 35" range.

Just 1 of them did something like 15 MW in 1 round of shooting.

I dont blame my opponent at all for taking them, and the combos are kind of cool. But stuff like that are just really bad for the game. MW are already somewhat bad mechanic but being able to just poop out a whole bunch of them is really stupid. Had they been a MW on a 4+ then ok, but 2+ is just wayyyyyy to much. 

Something like haywire is bad enough, but even then its only on a 4+ and only vs vechicles.

If you haven't updated your list from the first post, this sounds like an army you would struggle with anyways. You don't seem to have any anti-armour, except the PEs in CC or three immolators.

I wonder how this would have looked with a couple of Exorcists, or Retributors with multi-meltas. That is a brutal list to face though - how did one do 15 MWs?

GW wrote the rules for all the forgeworld units. It's been that way since the start of 2019 iirc with the caladius when it was tearing it up.

That being said, most of chaos' power comes from gimmicky combos that revolve around one or two main units. It feels bad the first time you get hit by it, but not too hard to beat. Those immolators could really gun em down.

GW wrote the rules for all the forgeworld units. It's been that way since the start of 2019 iirc with the caladius when it was tearing it up.

That being said, most of chaos' power comes from gimmicky combos that revolve around one or two main units. It feels bad the first time you get hit by it, but not too hard to beat. Those immolators could really gun em down.

Not really. I was saying to my opponent as well that they are really quite survivable.

3 Immolators is 12 shots, 8 hit, say 6 wounds, 3 get through, it kills 1 decimator.

While 1 decimator can kill 1 immolator rather easily.

Its just my opinion, but being able to do 4D3 mortal wounds at a effective 34" range is just wayyyyyyy to much.

My opponent did have the cheak to call my once per game brazier rediculious though which i found hilarious. Yea a 180 pts unit doing 4D3 mortal wounds per turn, but a once per game 1D3 (or D6 vs daemons) mortal wounds is OP

Right. What I'm trying to say though is that the chaos list building style is often around a mega combo and once that's gone the rest kind of can get dealt with more easily.

The decimator blob is the core of his list and coupled with the characters it's like 1000 points. The math tells me the average output for one decimator after all their rerolls, bonuses to hit and various bonus hits and attacks (note that he's gotta roll to hit and wound from the crimson crown it's not auto) is 8 mortal wounds. That's a lot and it can spike to wipe out immolators, but it's rather...not that bad when you put it in perspective; 180 points plus the support characters on average doesn't kill your 145 point immolator.

I don't want to sound condescending or anything, just that while it's annoying theres a large investment in a clump of models that ultimately don't have the largest threat radius and can be blocked by obscuring terrain. Ill put it this way, if you invested as much into immolators as that guy did into his combo he'd be really mad about the amount of melta being thrown around by your list lol.

Right. What I'm trying to say though is that the chaos list building style is often around a mega combo and once that's gone the rest kind of can get dealt with more easily.

The decimator blob is the core of his list and coupled with the characters it's like 1000 points. The math tells me the average output for one decimator after all their rerolls, bonuses to hit and various bonus hits and attacks (note that he's gotta roll to hit and wound from the crimson crown it's not auto) is 8 mortal wounds. That's a lot and it can spike to wipe out immolators, but it's rather...not that bad when you put it in perspective; 180 points plus the support characters on average doesn't kill your 145 point immolator.

I don't want to sound condescending or anything, just that while it's annoying theres a large investment in a clump of models that ultimately don't have the largest threat radius and can be blocked by obscuring terrain. Ill put it this way, if you invested as much into immolators as that guy did into his combo he'd be really mad about the amount of melta being thrown around by your list lol.

Average of 4D3 is 8 shots, hitting on 2s, re-rolling 1's, wounding on 2's re-rolling 1's, 6s to hit generate another hit, 6's to wound generate another attack, it really puts out more like 10+ MW. Thats insane.

Then even in combat, he has a daemon prince, 2 disco lords, and 2 defilers.

So while I could just sacrifice the immolators and then charge everything in, he can easily interupt and counter charge

The math with full rerolls and hitting on 2s and bonus dice averages to 9.43. I forgot to calculate the reroll to wound initially which put me at 8.0759. Can it go past 10? Yes. Is it a lot of damage at 9 regardless? Yes. The list does a lot of damage; it's going to be a really hard matchup for a growing collection.

But what I'm trying to get at is that it's a crazy investment to just do damage. The 3 character+unit combo is more of an 8th edition thing than 9th because scoring is so important. If you took 1000 points of MM immolators with a cannoness to buff for rerolls you'd be able to burn his stuff down easily and then he'd be left with nothing. Even one unit of MM retributors with cherubs and a cheeky 6 on a miracle die can average 22 damage.

It's strong, but it's top heavy. It has a lot of flaws that can be exploited.

So assuming your list is limited to your collection, you can try and a) burn down the decimators with your melta as fast as possible. B) snipe the support characters with seraphim c) use obscuring terrain to block los while running up with repentia and other melee units. If it's your main opponent and he keeps on using the list, expand your collection towards at least a rhino for the repentia and retributors.