Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Mission Pack: Plague Purge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,786 posts

unknown.png

Additional Crusade rules, "themed around the Charadon War" but perfectly able to be used for other factions and so on. Chaos Artefacts and Archaeotech available to non-Chaos factions!

mkbKIlr.png

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts
"here's your new death guard codex anddddddd it's already out of date go buy another book."
  • Marshal Loss, Borbarad, Aarik and 5 others like this

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

"here's your new death guard codex anddddddd it's already out of date go buy another book."

Actully i have the Veil book and it really wasn't something that invalid anything in the necron codex, was more of a necron theme crusade expansion for the BRB

Edited by Talbaz, 21 November 2020 - 08:23 PM.

• Son of Carnelian, nanosquid, WandererTheta and 1 other like this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 721 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Might inspire me to assemble my Gellerpox models.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
Honestly perplexed as to why this isn’t in the actual war zone book?
  • Aarik likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

Honestly perplexed as to why this isn’t in the actual war zone book?

So you spend more?

• Crix likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,775 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders

Unless, and here me out, it isn’t out of date these are just thematic rules for the crusade that can be used with but is not necessary for the Death Guard.
  • Focslain, Son of Carnelian, nanosquid and 1 other like this

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts

Unless, and here me out, it isn’t out of date these are just thematic rules for the crusade that can be used with but is not necessary for the Death Guard.

I'm happy to be wrong.

We will see!

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

I'm happy to be wrong.

We will see!

That is what Beyond the Veil was, soooo
  • nanosquid and WandererTheta like this

plastic_slug

plastic_slug

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

Well, we already have an example of a Crusade mission pack with Beyond the Veil. It had nothing of any significance that should have been in the Marine or Necron codexes. There were 'Warzone' rules much like the ones that have been in White Dwarf the last few months, a few new relics to be found for Crusade and rules for this setting, and a ton of missions. 24 in all, 6 for each level of game. And a reprint of the basic rules. Only thing I wish they had done differently was not print the book and everything in it so damn tiny! Hard for us old farts to read. And most importantly, this book was not restricted to Marines and/or Necrons. Any armies could make use of the setting and rules, and I would expect the same from Plague Purge. 

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,049 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Well great DG codex not even out yet and already they have plans to release another 2 books with death guard rules in then
Yeah I know crusade but still hate the fact gonna have to carry around 3 books as ill most likely be getting them all so I can play DG in the different ways
  • Slave to Darkness likes this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

Well great DG codex not even out yet and already they have plans to release another 2 books with death guard rules in then
Yeah I know crusade but still hate the fact gonna have to carry around 3 books as ill most likely be getting them all so I can play DG in the different ways

There were no Necron or Space Marine Rules in Beyond the Veil, please put you hair out before you suffer burns on your sculpt.
  • Son of Carnelian likes this

plastic_slug

plastic_slug

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

What are people not understanding? If you do not play Crusade, there is NOTHING in these books for your latest WAAC rule bending list. Nothing. Even if you do play Crusade, the book is not essential. It is an extra option. Get over the whiny gloom and doom when you clearly don’t even understand what’s in or what the books are about! 

• Gederas, ThatOneMarshal, matcap86 and 2 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,444 posts

What are people not understanding? If you do not play Crusade, there is NOTHING in these books for your latest WAAC rule bending list. Nothing. Even if you do play Crusade, the book is not essential. It is an extra option. Get over the whiny gloom and doom when you clearly don’t even understand what’s in or what the books are about! 

Exactly. This and the other book are for Crusade. They're mission packs.

Varizel

Varizel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Word Bearers
If it is like Beyond the Veil, it is just missions, extra battle zone related agendas, twists, campaign related relics. This cannot go to normal DG codex,especially the missions, since it is not the scope of a codex. And it is not like you can use those on tourneys.

As for why they seperate this from the warzone rulebook however is a bit baffling.
  • Gederas likes this

I am Wrath. I am Steel. I am the mercy of angels.

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,258 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

If it is like Beyond the Veil, it is just missions, extra battle zone related agendas, twists, campaign related relics. This cannot go to normal DG codex,especially the missions, since it is not the scope of a codex. And it is not like you can use those on tourneys.

As for why they seperate this from the warzone rulebook however is a bit baffling.

So the Crusade section doesn't disappear when the Warzone book goes out of print.

Beyond The Veil is a great little supplement for Crusade and more following that trend is really good. Once there's a few more having a Crusade Campaign with different regions using the different rules seems like it'll be pretty fun.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,762 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Get over the whiny gloom and doom when you clearly don’t even understand what’s in or what the books are about! 

I'm pretty sure people's problem is more that this stuff either could've been baked into if not the Death Guard 'dex - which the DG specific stuff could and should've, especially if there's going to be a price hike on it like the Necron 'dex - then in the other Day 1 DLC book they're putting out. 

Edited by Lord Marshal, 22 November 2020 - 11:17 AM.

• Putrid Choir likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,258 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

Get over the whiny gloom and doom when you clearly don’t even understand what’s in or what the books are about!

I'm pretty sure people's problem is more that this stuff either could've been baked into if not the Death Guard 'dex - which the DG specific stuff could and should've, especially if there's going to be a price hike on it like the Necron 'dex - then in the other Day 1 DLC book they're putting out.

This comment about this book is completely misplaced, the Crusade books aren't faction specific at all.

Sure some of the Relics and Advances are better suited to the forces that are in focus, but that's not the same thing at all.

Rik
  • plastic_slug, Arkangilos and Oxydo like this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

plastic_slug

plastic_slug

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts

People wanna rage, and not understand. The Crusade books are NOT faction specific, nor are the items or rules in them. End of story. If you want to continue your rants, find a better target - GW has done plenty of awful things. This ain't one of them. If you're one of those completionists that simply must have everything with the tiniest mention of 'Death Guard' in it, that sounds more like your issue.

• Focslain and Rik Lightstar like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users