Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forge World and Custodes 9th Edition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,537 posts

So as far as I can see there isn’t a topic for this. I’ve been out of the loop on Custodes since the FW book dropped and wondered if you guys have had much of a chance to review the new changes.

what looks better or worse? Is the book worth buying? I have 2 Telemons, how did they do?

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,067 posts

Saggitarum Bolt Guns got 2D and from what I understand Telemons (and all of the dreads) are amazing.

• Prot likes this

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts
In summary: every fw unit save the tanks saw improvement.

Flamers all 12 inches or more, charging an achillius with two flamers is suicide for many units.

Buckler pistol Venatari got WAY better with the new buckler rules

Sagittarum were mentioned but yes very strong now.

Dreads besides telemon all went down to 9 wounds with no degrading profile. For some reason they still didn't fix the strength on the sword dread...

Telemon and all dreads ignore one point of damage to minimum 1. Telemon and all dreads got more attacks, telemon with fists gets additional attack per fist. So a war of the spider buffed telemon can dish out 7 attacks...yikes.

Ares was buffed a lot. No longer loses firebombs so can drop one every turn. The big gun got blast. Very nice.

Points almost didn't move. Amazing to be honest we and nids won the fw release.

Edited by Hellex_The_Thanatar, 21 November 2020 - 09:14 PM.

• Prot and duz_ like this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,537 posts

Thanks for the great summary. Really appreciate it. 

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,634 posts
Achilles and Galatus being W9 is pure awesome. Non-degradable profile is just so strong where being even 12 W is a detriment. Cheekily grabbing -1 damage defence is icing on the cak- WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY EVEN GET AN EXTRA ATTACK.
Emperor be praised I'm going to need 5. Of each.
  • duz_ likes this

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts
Yup base 5 attacks for both achillus and galatus.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users