Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Move after veiling?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
  • Faction: Necrons
Hey people,

Can you move after veiling? The rule days "in your movement phase", so it's not necessarily over at that point. It also doesn't say anything to the contrary.

Does saying "set back up" is sufficient to imply that these models cannot move anymore? Seems a bit subtle to me...

Mind you, I'm pretty much convinced that the intent is that those units aren't allowed to move after veiling, I just find out weirdly cryptic. It's not reinforcement, disembarking, etc. I don't see anything in the brb that says "a unit can't move if it was set up in this phase".

Thanks!

Edit: Ah, a general FAQ confirmed they cannot move. Nevermind.

Edited by Miek, 21 November 2020 - 09:55 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_7770.jpg

Get Thokt

Get Thokt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Dark Angels
They can move before the veil, which is pretty neat. But yeah, no easy charges after the drop

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
Indeed. Someone pointed out to me that this was also clarified in the rare rules section of the BRB.

angrom

angrom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts
It is worth to point out that you cannot move after veil but a unit that didnt move and veil is not considered as having moved. It works quite well with some of our rules that require nit to move

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
That is significant, thank you!

Get Thokt

Get Thokt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
  • Faction: Necrons, Dark Angels
I'm pretty sure it is stated in the rulebook or the relic that teleporting is considered as moved. Let me check it

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
I think angrom is right; per the rare rules (page 363 of the rulebook), the unit is considered as having moved only if it arrives as reinforcements - which isn't the case.

Obviously stuff like immovable phalanx and eternal guardians that clearly mention types of move will work after veiling (if the unit didn't move prior), but I guess there are other cases I'm missing where the criteria is more general (i.e.: has not moved). Or were those all removed / rephrased?

Edited by Miek, 27 November 2020 - 05:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users