Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for specific product.

Terrain Basing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Reskin

Reskin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

Hey guys, I cant seem to find a hobby store that sells anything remotely like this here. I specifically am looking at the green vine looking foliage.

Does anyone know where to get this or something remotely similar? 

Z4m877V.jpg

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,486 posts
Model railway stores sell that kind of stuff by the bag. Here is one example. Plenty of others area avilable.

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/B00DUCIQJ2
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Reskin

Reskin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

That's exactly what I was after, I couldn't find a webstore that advertised that here in Australia.

How is it to work with? How do you glue it? Is it cuttable with scissors or whatever to divide the bushes?

Edited by Reskin, 22 November 2020 - 02:34 PM.

Z4m877V.jpg

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,486 posts
It is made of rubber so it very easy to cut. It can be glued with PVA (white school glue). Don't use plastic cement on it or it will melt.
  • Reskin likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,611 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

You might look at hobby/arts and crafts stores. The big ones here in the U.S.A. are Hobby Lobby and Michael's, but there are any number of smaller stores. I'm not sure what the Australian counterparts might be.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,392 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Hey guys, I cant seem to find a hobby store that sells anything remotely like this here. I specifically am looking at the green vine looking foliage.

That looks a lot like lichen (or an artificial product imitating it).  Some of the model train companies, like Javis and Woodland Scenics sell packs of it.

I couldn't find a webstore that advertised that here in Australia.

Probably the most likely stockists are model train shops. smile.png  A quick google suggests there's a few retailers in Australia selling it. smile.png

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 22 November 2020 - 05:53 PM.

Reskin

Reskin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 473 posts

That looks a lot like lichen (or an artificial product imitating it).  Some of the model train companies, like Javis and Woodland Scenics sell packs of it.

I couldn't find a webstore that advertised that here in Australia.

Probably the most likely stockists are model train shops. smile.png  A quick google suggests there's a few retailers in Australia selling it. smile.png

Cheers, I did google before I asked, I didn't know what it was called to google in the first place ;)

I was already looking on modelling sites. But if I don't know what I'm looking for, I won't see it even if its right in front of my nose.

Thanks for the help though guys! 

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

Z4m877V.jpg

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,392 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Cheers, I did google before I asked, I didn't know what it was called to google in the first place msn-wink.gif ... But if I don't know what I'm looking for, I won't see it even if its right in front of my nose.

Oh, indeed - actually knowing the name of the thing you're searching for is probably 95% of the problem smile.png (apologies if I came off as "just Google it" - I honestly wasn't intending that!)

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 23 November 2020 - 08:46 AM.

• Reskin likes this

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,050 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock
Reskin, I’d wager it’s Woodland Scenics Lichen or a close approximation of it.

IIRC, The Combat Company (NSW) and MightyApe (NSW) both stock it, are reliable and ship fast.

Failing that, try Metro Hobbies.

-Ran
  • Firedrake Cordova and Reskin like this

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrain, Basing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users