Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New preorders for 28th november

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts

I'll be in for one box each of the marine stuff but the big question is can I resist buying the AoS Gitz box too... It's an awful lot of money to spend in one go, even with my FLGS discount, but the Xmas boxes are the best GW savings. unsure.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,228 posts

I'll be in for one box each of the marine stuff but the big question is can I resist buying the AoS Gitz box too... It's an awful lot of money to spend in one go, even with my FLGS discount, but the Xmas boxes are the best GW savings. unsure.png

The gitz box is really good imo. No rubbish in there.

I'm tempted by the marine box for all bar the captain and reivers... As I type that, would I be wasting my cash?! (Nothing against reivers but already have a squad and don't wish for a second.)
  • Burni and Detjan like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,677 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
The price is right, but is the supply right? My FLGS is telling me they're getting a miniscule amount of the Christmas boxes and I've confirmed those woes with other stores. Get your pre-orders in, folks.

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

The Death Company box does seem a little weird, especially when it's cheaper to buy a 10 man Intercessor box than 2x 5 man boxes.

But I looked on the GW Webstore in the UK, and the 10 man Intercessor box (and the Eliminator box) are listed as 'No Longer Available Online' with 'Sold Out' watermarked on their product images. Other items are listed as simply Temporarily unavailable, and I know I've seen Intercessors in my local GW before lockdown with the new box art for 9th Ed. Anybody have any ideas what's going on?

gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 814 posts

The Death Company box does seem a little weird, especially when it's cheaper to buy a 10 man Intercessor box than 2x 5 man boxes.

But I looked on the GW Webstore in the UK, and the 10 man Intercessor box (and the Eliminator box) are listed as 'No Longer Available Online' with 'Sold Out' watermarked on their product images. Other items are listed as simply Temporarily unavailable, and I know I've seen Intercessors in my local GW before lockdown with the new box art for 9th Ed. Anybody have any ideas what's going on?

Probably reboxing

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
Anyone have any idea what the Assault Intercessors will be in USD?

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,108 posts
What's the gladiator in USD?
banana

davextreme

davextreme

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

I’m planning to just use the Death Company set as regular Intercessors. Since the Combat Patrol box comes with 5, this set will bring me up to 10. I already have firstborn jump pack Death Company, and I think regular Assault Intercessors have an edge over Death Company in having Objective Secured and taking up troops slots in detachments.

Anyone have any idea what the Assault Intercessors will be in USD?

I am guessing $60.

Edited by davextreme, 23 November 2020 - 02:34 PM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,888 posts

They use the terms ‘temporarily unavailable’ ‘no longer available online’ and ‘sold ‘out’ completely interchangeably on the website. Don’t read anything into the specific wording.

They seem to be having problems with stock at the moment. Either the lockdown has hit their manufacturing hard or they’ve actually got loads of stock but they’re having problems with despatch so they’ve listed stuff as unavailable whilst they deal with the backlog. My money is on the second as I know people are waiting on stuff they’ve ordered ages ago.

Edited by MARK0SIAN, 23 November 2020 - 03:12 PM.

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Kain Mor

Kain Mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 447 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum, Night Lords
The warehouse is definitely struggling right now, especially the US one in Tennessee. Their retail stores are being told to do as little as possible to stress the warehouse (ie, not shipping back any returned product, minimizing their inventory, etc)

Plus, I know people like to whine about the low stock numbers at trade account stores and blame malicious GW for trying to run them out of business but the truth is that at least in the US their official stores are holding very little inventory as well, and won’t have a single battleforce in store. They’re trying to minimize the amount of inventory that would be locked in a store if that store’s state enacted another Covid lockdown and keep as much inventory at the warehouse as possible so that customers would continue to be able to order online.
  • Gederas, MrSpoon and BladeOfVengeance like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,948 posts

The price is right, but is the supply right? My FLGS is telling me they're getting a miniscule amount of the Christmas boxes and I've confirmed those woes with other stores. Get your pre-orders in, folks.

Yup. This is from the owner of my FLGS:
126819373_3471445176273109_6588624001830

Note "limit 1 per box" for ALL of the boxes :lol:

• RolandTHTG, Son of Carnelian and WrathOfTheLion like this

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,677 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Note "limit 1 per box" for ALL of the boxes :lol:

Emperor's bones, one of each? Well, at least I didn't get my hopes up!

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,865 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

I wouldn't be surprised if they have minimal stock and because they have just about finishing fulfilling Indomitus MTO, they have had no time to do this years Christmas boxes beyond a token small amount just to say they did it. We will know when we see how fast they sell out from the bigger online sellers.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts

Note "limit 1 per box" for ALL of the boxes laugh.png

Limit one box per store? Bummer. I was hoping to find these on eBay for 15% - 20% off. 

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts
What is the point of 1 of each per store?! Crazy, why bother...

Edited by Burni, 23 November 2020 - 10:37 PM.

Brother_Angelus

Brother_Angelus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, White Scars

How big is the store? Clearly the limits are mailmerged in, since the text is a different colour. If it's a store that only makes monthly minimum orders they aren't going to be a priority for high demand stock.

Blood Angels - White Scars - Crimson Fists

Proudly red, white and blue

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,133 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

How big is the store? Clearly the limits are mailmerged in, since the text is a different colour. If it's a store that only makes monthly minimum orders they aren't going to be a priority for high demand stock.

Dont think it cares about size of store as its the same over here in NZ one of the biggest major flgs / wargaming shop, Mighty Ape who do online orders all over NZ isn't even able to do pre-orders just first come first served due to the low allocation they have literally just a handful of each box and apart from GW stores only real way of getting GW stuff since barely any others who sell it here in nz

Edited by Plaguecaster, 24 November 2020 - 04:39 AM.

• mithrilforge and Gederas like this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,948 posts

He's been getting these limits since before he became a stockist.

Wraith776

Wraith776

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 329 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Another one to chip in here with allocation. My FLGS has 0 allocation of all boxes, with apparently zero stock being available even before pre-orders have become available.

Really looks like a paper launch compared to an actual legit release.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment - Isidor Akios

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 563 posts

Another one to chip in here with allocation. My FLGS has 0 allocation of all boxes, with apparently zero stock being available even before pre-orders have become available.
Really looks like a paper launch compared to an actual legit release.

It varies it seems. An online UK store posted they would get 50. Which is still a low number.

I am not surprised though, given the Rona.

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,444 posts

The fact these are over £100 is a bit of a psychological barrier for me. 

Loosely tempted by the necron one but considering I have yet to clip any of indomitus off its sprues (or the recruit edition I bought for extras, of the 3rd/4th? edition battleforce with the extra destroyer included.....) I may give it a miss.

Need to keep telling myself - I'm trying to focus on Orks at the moment! 

• Silas7 likes this

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,307 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Some BA leaks (apologies if not allowed, in which case please remove)

bRxSYDV.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,970 posts
Glad to see Lamenters there!
  • Marshal Loss and WrathOfTheLion like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,868 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Oh yeah, love the lamenters. Starting some right now, can't wait for the supplement.
  • Marshal Loss and Sete like this

eternal_warrior12

eternal_warrior12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
I have 50 intercessors for my Black Templars right now.... 30 of them are assault intercessors. But I don’t have THOSE ones... oh man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users