Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New preorders for 28th november

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Redrandy93

Redrandy93

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 484 posts

Brothers I ordered one Gladiator ( love tanks), the Assault Intercessors and Leadbelcher spray paint to add to my pile of shame.     biggrin.png wallbash.gif facepalm.png

Edited by Redrandy93, 29 November 2020 - 12:33 PM.

• Doghouse, mel_danes, Ishagu and 1 other like this

Redrandy93
5th Company
Planet Lucious 4

"For the Emperor"

"We march with Guilliman"

"Death to Traitors"

Wraith776

Wraith776

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 329 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

@Wraith776- dare I ask who you bought through ?!, I’m in sth east suburbs. You say tourists so I think your either in the dandenongs or beach suburb ?!..

Cheers Mithril

I'm up north of you in the Goulburn Valley, and tend to frequent the Echuca Games Store. Bendigo has also said they have no stock and its entirely order on the webstore.

Regional probably sees a lot less allocation than the suburbs or city just from population density.

• mithrilforge likes this

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment - Isidor Akios

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts

I think if they put the Gladiator in a starter set that gives you an overall discount I may get one. I settled on 4 boxes of assault Intercessors instead for now.

• Redrandy93 and mel_danes like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts

Snip. I settled on 4 boxes of assault Intercessors instead for now.

4 boxes! What's the plan for that overkill?

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts

Snip. I settled on 4 boxes of assault Intercessors instead for now.

4 boxes! What's the plan for that overkill?

Lots of sergeant parts for characters and I've got a ton of spare Bolt Rifles I'll be sticking on most of them. It's mostly for conversion parts, you can get the Indomitus Assault Marines for about £22 for ten at the moment on Ebay. I went with an FLGS for the multiparts saving about £25 so I can make regular Intercessor with the multiparts and use the CC arms on the cheaper Indomitus guys for variety.

• mithrilforge, Gederas and BladeOfVengeance like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts

I think if they put the Gladiator in a starter set that gives you an overall discount I may get one. I settled on 4 boxes of assault Intercessors instead for now.

Next Christmas if youre lucky

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,137 posts

The gladiator won't be discounted for at least a year.

As for 40 assault Intercessors... Would 2 and a gladiator not have worked better for you? :P
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 703 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

Well, I can't speak for others but since I roll multiple chapters its a mix of stocking up on Serg-upgrades and bulking out the chapters I have no Assault Inters for.

Got twenty Assault Inters from Indomitus and ten regulars from DI for my custom Not-EC Successors... they need power weapons in general.

Got Wolves, which would be sacrilegious to not get the first properly choppy Primaris for.

Got BAngels successor, which is much the same.

The first needs anything really, the second needs fists and the last needs swords. To say nothing of any Intercessors I want in the future, so buying a few boxes helps to both bulk out the chapters and supplies the weapons of choice for the others at once. Its quite a nice setup from the angle, I'd say. 

Frankly, aside from being a great unit to my eye, the slew of upgrades each comes with is very attractive to anyone that wants to upgrade their Indomitus stuff and to upgrade their Intercessor Sergeants in general. Also helps out with Lieus I think.

Granted, I just like choppy marines so maybe I just can't resist choppy-Primaris kits with a proper range of options? Either way, a few boxes of choppy boys is never amiss. 

Edited by StrangerOrders, 29 November 2020 - 10:45 PM.

• mithrilforge and Vesalius like this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

While I want the Assault intercessors, the two my FLGS were allotted are already spoken for. That and I ordered the Chaos Marines Battleforce to expand my Night Lords, so my spending funds for 40k are gone for a bit :lol:

• Dracos and Vesalius like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,946 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

Also I'm a bit confused wasn't the whole thing about primaris that they didnt have any of the chapter flaws so how do they have death company ones, have i missed some nit of lore / novel oe something?

Sort of. The IX-Legion Primaris have the Red Thirst (that's a feature, not a bug), but the Black Rage appeared in Primaris after the Primaris started being made 'in-house'.

My theory of the Blood Angels forgetting what their Omophagea does is once again reinforced, as Primaris Death Company only started appearing after they drank from the Grail containing Sanguinius' blood...
It’s been explained fully in lore now, the Red thirst was put there by the emperor so cawl didn’t see it as a flaw

And the Black rage is a psychic curse from when Sang died so it can’t be removed via gene seed etc

Put there, or not fixed? There's a novel for this. :D

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts
It’s Dark imperium, then it’s touched upon again in Darkness in the blood scribe :)

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Red Thirst was intentional, Cawl talks about this and other quirks designed into various Chapters.

The Black Rage is a psychic curse that, under situations of enough psychic exposure, can even affect the Primaris.
  • Doghouse and BladeOfVengeance like this

-~Ishagu~-

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

It's also confirmed the Red Thirst was a feature, not a bug, per Horus Heresy Book 8: Malevolence, as the Corpse Eaters/Eaters of the Dead (pre-Sanguinius IX Legion) had it and would go to such psychotic levels that the World Eaters and Night Lords thought they were off their rocker.

Edited by Gederas, 30 November 2020 - 03:38 PM.

• Redrandy93 and BladeOfVengeance like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,946 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

It’s Dark imperium, then it’s touched upon again in Darkness in the blood scribe :)

Then there is a potential conflict with Valdor.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts

Then there is a potential conflict with Valdor.

Very true, although while a great book valdor had some inconsistencies that I wouldn't expect of CW like the 20 legions already have their badges etc seems weird when we know they are had original names before their later ones from the primarch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users