DB goes Ultramarines

Dark Bjoern

Courage and Honour, Brothers!

After skipping the 8th edition nearly completly i have decided that it is time to join the 9th edition and for a new army project. Having Roboute Guilliman laying around since his release i choose to start with UM. Like many other of you i got the SM from the Indomitus box. And so it begins.

Next was to decide what i wanna archive. Being in the hobby since RT days i have hundreds of firstborn SM so this army will be purely Primaris. I want them cobalt blue like Big E had created them. I want some combat damage and dirt (using pigments).

Last WE i start painting them and here are the first wips:

Ultramarines_2nd_Company_WIP_01.JPG

1st assault squad

Intercessor_Assault_Squad_01_WIP01.JPG

Intercessor_Assault_Squad_01_WIP02.JPG

Intercessor_Assault_Squad_01_WIP03.JPG

and the 1st Lieutenant

Lieutenant_01_WIP01.JPG

Lieutenant_01_WIP02.JPG

I need to highlight the pockets. The helm lenses and heraldic shields needs to be done and here and there some clean up. Then the decals will follow. After that the bases and finally the battle damages and the dirt.

C&C welcome

Edited by Dark Bjoern

• 3 weeks later...

A very small update.

my UM command terminal:Ultramarine_Commandterminal_WIP.JPG

The token are magnetized

And some ideas for my Ultramarine mission objects:

Ultramarine_Relicts_WIP01.JPG

From left to right:

Hammer of Macragge

Vengeance of Ultramar

Helm of Censure

Armour of Konor

Codex Astartes

I plan to do some stasis chambers/shrines for them like in the UM movie or some altar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been a while since my last update but today i have some new pics.

Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the XIII., Lord Commander of the Imperium, Lord of the fivehundred World, the avenging Son

Primarch_Roboute_Guilliman_01.JPG

Primarch_Roboute_Guilliman_02.JPG

Primarch_Roboute_Guilliman_03.JPG

Primarch_Roboute_Guilliman_04.JPG

Actual i´m planning something for Armies on Parade (if it happens this year). One thing for it is a Primaris version of our Chapter Ancient Tortalus.

Chapter_Ancient_WIP_04.JPG

Chapter_Ancient_WIP_05.JPG

actual it´s only a paper version of our chapter banner. I have something different in mind. 

And a Primaris version of our Chapter Champion, the Honoured Brother Adeon

Chapter_Champion_WIP05.JPG

Chapter_Champion_WIP06.JPG

Edited by Dark Bjoern

Brother DB is that banner a decal you made or painted free hand?     Wow!

Actual it´s only a normal paper print version. But i will try it with decal version or try printing directly on plastcard. But for the last option i have to find a print shop that can do that.

Love the Champion.

You know he reminds me of Aeonid Theil (One of my favourite UM's)

I did my own redition of Aeonid back in the day, and this really looks like it could be a Primaris version. He looks fantastic.

What’s the background behind Theil ?

Aeonid Thiel was a Sergeant during the Battle for Calth during the HH. Back in those days a red helmet was a mark of censure. Thiel was commanded to report to the Primarch for censure when the battle began. After the HH the red helmet became a mark for sergeants and Thiel became the Captain of the 2nd Company of the Ultramarine Chapter.

Okay I know who he is - it’s like the Scarlett letter.

The big thing behind the red helmet.... he was 'censured' because he started coming up with anti-marine tactics. The captain in question thought Theil was wasting his time, and focusing on something that was considered... heresy, ironically enough. 

Before being vindicated in his actions by Guilliman, he led squads of other "censured" Ultramarines into some one way missions (that of course he survived). The idea being the censured Ultra's could clear their name by performing these missions. Aeonid lead several of these. 

Once Guilliman figured out who Aeonid was and his contribution to killing heretics, that's when the red helmet started to mark leadership, and the rest is history. (He really kicked the crap out of a ton of Word Bearers during Calth too.)