What did you get right or predict?

CCE1981

With the new edition and new supplements coming out I am wondering what got what they asked for from GW feedback or got it right in a prediction.  I am sure there is overlap, and this is not to start a flame war.  This is also not a who got it first thread.  I am just curious how we've influenced the direction of the game.

I'll start with the following:

1.)  Extra wounds, after seeing Primaris perform with two wounds I advocated for Marines with the exception of Scouts and Characters get another wound.  Sure enough it started with Aggressors, and followed by Marines in general.

2.)  Ditch the Space Wolves, Dark Angels, and Blood Angels, Deathwatch was sort of in there as well, stand alone books and turn them into Supplements, once they started the Supplement format, I wished to see the others brought into the fold.  This would just make changing common datasheets that much easier.

3.) Melta - not exactly what I asked for, one I asked for a Rapid fire Melta that didn't come into fruition, but I did ask for better damage.  The Inferno pistol I thought should be 1d3 damage with d3 within half eange, the meltagun 1d6 damage and 3+1d3 in half range with the Multi-melta 3+1d6 damage and 6+1d3 in half range to make them better choices.  What we got is well within line of getting melta into a far better spot upping it's damage and making it a solid choice.

4.) Should be number one request I asked for, but almost forgot about.  Successors, I wanted Successors to be good I wanted a reason to be able to make my own Chapter and not feel too hampered by that choice.

So anyone else?

Edited by CCE1981

I wanted 2 wound marines too, but didn't think it would happen so I decided to count my normal marines as Primaris, making it clear to opponents what each unit is. Don't have to do that now, which is fun. :)

The day the supplements got announced, I was thinking it would be nice to have supplements but thought GW would never do such a thing. Well I'm pleased to be proven wrong! 

I predicted all Chapters would be rolled into a single codex with supplement. It makes sense to do it, and I'm glad they have.

Personally I would have preferred one codex, and then one equally sized supplement with all the unique chapter stuff in it, so two books total.

I predicted all Chapters would be rolled into a single codex with supplement. It makes sense to do it, and I'm glad they have.

Personally I would have preferred one codex, and then one equally sized supplement with all the unique chapter stuff in it, so two books total.

I'd really like that, simply because there's so much flexibility in successors that having one big book to browse through and compare potential parent chapters would be great. Definitely not as great from a financial standpoint where they can force hardback sales for each new supplement for almost double the price of the digital versions. But great for the hobbyists

I predicted Primaris and all Bikers would lose SIA

I also predicted BA Librarian Dreads would get nerfed...well kinda via the Psychic line changes.

The only reason we didn't see them really dominate and BA players take over is because the Iron fists and Raven guard/raptors were quite a few rungs above every other chapter at the time

I told ya guys about assault intercessors and necrons, including new creepy plastic necron flayers.

I also told yous about firstborn getting a second wound.

You guys should really start paying attention xD

And I predict BT. GOD-EMPEROR WILLS IT!

Edited by Sete

I thought I was onto GW's "wave" approach when the Outriders were mentioned in Fist of the Imperium and predicted that 2020 would be all about Assault and Fast Attack. And that we'd get, among other things, an Omnis-armored jump assault squad and a Tacticus-armored "Breacher" squad with shields.

So I was about half-right on that last point (we DID get Tacticus guys with shields, but I wasn't expecting them to be veterans/elite). I was way off about everything else.

That being the case, I'm sure everyone can't wait to hear my predictions for next year.

I prefer the separate book for lore, although I guess they could do lore books. The concept works really well in HH with the red books though, so nothing bad can be said about its utility.

I predicted we would see bikes and speeders, as GW was going to be forced to address the Primaris in the Ravenwing/Deathwing for Unforgiven chapters.

• 2 weeks later...

I predicted there be nothing in this primaris wave that I actually wanted. I was right.

What a strange comment, considering the wave is so varied. Everything from shooty infantry, to cc units, to tanks, to new characters.

Well, not hover tanks or gravis armour. I like to pretend the turret, bunker and go-cart don't even exist. The bikes are ok but need multi part sprue and options. Assault intercessors would have been cool; if they had jump packs. Same issue with the blade guard. I don't want walking assault units.

Give me tracks and tacticus armour units that are actually useful. I.e. jump assault, devastator. That would have interested me.

If they wanted to thrill me to get my money, redo the dreadnought sprues to put all the weapon options in the box and redo scouts so they don't have potato heads.

Edited by Zustiur