Daemons of the Ruinstorm: Crimson Fury

Irate Khornate

Well I've decided to take the plunge into 30k, and what better way than to take that plunge into an army where I get to mimic the fabulous surgeon Bill himself and carve to my hearts desire. I already have a substantial start into Khorne Daemons so I figured I would continue the trend.

Now then, here I stand and ask myself, what would be the perfect way to get started with my army? I had a long thought then an evil grin came to my face, why not start with the centerpiece; My Arch-Daemon Tiny*.

bu40yqvea8161.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

My apologies as its only a link. Not quite savvy enough to post a picture.

*Actual name pending

Edited by Brother Tyler
Turned link into image

I've had the same thought of using that model for a daemon, It's looking great there, like the multiple Khorne heads.

What are you thinking of doing for your infantry, just regular bloodletters etc? I've got a bunch of warcry furies put to one side for this exact army

6ydse3p7yv161.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Been busy these past couple of days, haven't had time to add the latest photo. For now I've put the model on the back burner and move onto others until I get my order in to complete his base. I think my next project will be to order some Ogroid Myrmidons and convert them to daemon brutes. I have an idea to cut off the spear and shave around the arm that connects to the shield to wrap their arms in chains instead.

However in the mean time I might go ahead and show off the rest of the army that I have ready.

Edited by Irate Khornate

Thank you both! Decided I would do a bit of an update. I was going to start posting previously finished models, but as I got to looking at them I realized that I had not done as well as I had previously remembered. So now my princes/shrikes are getting touched up while I assemble more bloodletters.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I have been busy for a while, with it being the holidays and such.

4c5s6sj5jl861.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I've decided to use Skarbrand as my Daemon Lord of choice, at least until Kabandha is released.  That is his 40k/ Sigmar appropriate base, I plan on building up the 130mm one to where it slots in pretty well to the larger base.

I've also touched up on my Shrikes a bit. 

k64whjnb9v461.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

iszlu6sf9v461.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

nlwdlmyi9v461.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

As a general update I am currently working on my first Daemon Brute and learning a new phone camera. Hopefully I can master this soon and provide better quality pictures.

Edited by Irate Khornate

• 4 weeks later...

It´s a great army right now. Great work on your center piece!

Have you considered flesh hounds as beasts (troops section)? they seem to be the best troops in the netire daemons list.

The thought has definitely occurred, but as of this moment I've put the project on hold due to responsibilities taking priority, and my hobby budget.

I'm absolutely going to come back to the project. I'll have to magnetize some bases but I was doing that with Skarbrand already.

I do have some good news though, I now have no choice but to start in on my backlog of bloodletters.