Building from the ground up

Axineton

Good evening frater who delve this far down the forum. I very rarely finish a project as I get bored quickly painting. And I love necromunda due to its crazy way you can build your board however you want basically. Anyway I’ve picked up 2 boxes of zm tiles and I bought 1 tile off my buddy today so I can have a 3x3 board. This is the start of me assembling it. A few friends from my gaming group and I are learning the ropes and starting a campaign soon and I thought I’d get cracking with the terrain today. 

So I sprayed the tiles according to forge worlds Mark Bedford and wow I’m pleased with the results. You prime black then grey then silver then white all after the other while each coat is still wet. I was very dubious at first but they look excellent and it’s going to be a shame when I dirty them up with shades and washes. Anyway here’s some picks of the tiles. I expect this will be a as and when plog because I’m not always in the mood to paint and detest it.

I plan on running either a Cawdor gang or Genestealer Cult when I eventually play.

yKz44b3h.jpg

OTpM0Wqh.jpg

all 8 tiles I have with better lighting

asDOnrwh.jpg

Edited by Axineton

Small update, nothing major. Picked up 1 more tile off my friend for £10 so I’ll prime that tomorrow the same way I primed the other 8 tiles. I also picked up some stairs and platforms, plus the mekboy workshop as I think that will look good if I get rid of the orkiness of it. I want a sort of garage theme going on so I’m going to pick up a ridgerunner and have it resting on blocks with the tyres having been stolen and it being stripped of valuable parts etc. I also picked up some armoured containers brand new on eBay very cheap and just waiting for them to be delivered. Need a shedload more scenery though I think. 

Primed and built the containers yesterday and today I’ve been making my own agrax earthshade from winsor and Newton Matt medium, flow improver and liquitex ink raw umber. 

so here’s the grimy one: 

qeJG166h.jpg

Uh40I8Ch.jpg

And here’s the cleaner one:

bPiJpuxh.jpg

PB3sEcMh.jpg

Na mate I just used GW’s spray primer on them. So I sprayed black, then macragge blue, then leadbelcher then grey seer all while they were each wet. I also changed the macragge blue for death guard green and mechanicus standard grey sprays on the other two respectively. 

So I sprayed the tiles according to forge worlds Mark Bedford and wow I’m pleased with the results. You prime black then grey then silver then white all after the other while each coat is still wet. I was very dubious at first but they look excellent and it’s going to be a shame when I dirty them up with shades and washes.

Can you please go into more detail about this method? Or perhaps share a link? I like how your tiles are coming along.