Purposefully lose a single warrior in a unit on turn 1

Miek

Hi,

I'm looking for ways to get a psychomancer in short range (ex.: 6") of enemy models, and would ideally put him in a ghost ark along with 9 reaper warriors. I'm thus wondering how one could get rid of one warrior on its first turn.

Can you deploy the unit with one model purposefully out of coherency, thus removing it?

Can you use the pregame move to drop one from the table edge?

Can you abandon one model when embarking the ghost ark with the psychomancer already on?

Other ideas I'm missing? I ignored the "too few models" rule; I have enough model and that would be in clear contradiction with the rule's intent. I'd like something that works with RAW.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'd like to get a psychomancer (ideally with the +1 Ld aura), flayed ones and the deceiver in range of low leadership models for an absurd amount of mortal wounds.

The night scythe would simply get shot down before it can drop the cryptek, and I already plan to include a ghost ark so...

Thanks!

Edit: If that's not possible, I'd probably simply put him alone in the ghost ark, and make him Nephrekh to get the better advance rule. That means the warriors and the GA must also be Nephrekh though... Restrictions....

Edited by Miek

Unfortunately he can't be within 9" of the enemy if he's redeployed more than 9" away with the veil, unless I'm missing something..

Aye, but whatever turn you veil him, use the command protocol that increases aura ranges :)

The Immortals can't embark on the ghost ark.

There would also be not much point to it, considering their range. I think it would be nice if we could put 9 warriors with reapers and a character in a ghost ark, but it doesn't seem possible without the opponent's intervention. That's a shame.

Edited by Miek

• 3 weeks later...