Mixed rules

Skywrath

Let's assume I have a Fortis KT with 5 outriders, and 5 intercessors. According to this rule:

Mixed Unit: If this unit contains models with different Toughness characteristics, each time an attack is made against this unit, use the Toughness characteristic of the majority of the models in this unit when determining what roll is required for that attack to successfully wound. If two or more Toughness characteristics are tied for majority, the controlling player selects one of the tied values to be the majority value.

So if I split this unit into 5 outriders and 5 intercessors, the intercessor half would inherit T5? And if not, would I need to put one intercessor, and one outrider into two halves to benefit from that T5?

I believe that when you combat squad something, they are treated as individual units from that point on. If you split them to 5 Intercessors and 5 Outriders, then each group would use their own toughness value. 

The mixed unit toughness rule says, "each time an attack is made" so it is checked everytime the unit is targeted. The Intercessors don't become T5, you just use 5 as the toughness when doing the wound rolls when there are at least the same number of T5 models in the unit. 

In order to split them to benefit the most you would need to have: 

3 Int/2 Out and 3 Out/2 Int.

The 3 Outrider unit would always use T5 (unless you killed 2 Outriders first).

The 3 Intercessor unit would use T4 until it lost one Intercessor and then use T5. 

I believe that when you combat squad something, they are treated as individual units from that point on. If you split them to 5 Intercessors and 5 Outriders, then each group would use their own toughness value. 

The mixed unit toughness rule says, "each time an attack is made" so it is checked everytime the unit is targeted. The Intercessors don't become T5, you just use 5 as the toughness when doing the wound rolls when there are at least the same number of T5 models in the unit. 

In order to split them to benefit the most you would need to have: 

3 Int/2 Out and 3 Out/2 Int.

The 3 Outrider unit would always use T5 (unless you killed 2 Outriders first).

The 3 Intercessor unit would use T4 until it lost one Intercessor and then use T5. 

Cheers! What about the INFANTRY keyword? Do bikers get that when they are put into a Fortis KT and then split?

• 2 weeks later...