Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+Angels of The Phoenix+

Space marines Successor Chapter Blood Angels Blue Raspberry Blood Angels Successor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lephisto

Lephisto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 455 posts
  • Faction: The Elysian Phoenixes

Ok, I haven't posted any new images of models since 2019. Since then I have acquired a new fancy air brush - the Iwata Revolution. I have also decided to strip my 6000 points of models to paint them in a colour I have wanted but didn't know how to make it until Turbo Dork released it. I have ordered Vallejo Black Gloss to under coat my models and will be using the Blue Raspberry as the base colour. I will be ret-conning my existing chapter to be blood angels successors. What is everyones' thoughts, should I keep the Sanguinary Guard and Death company in their original colours but slight variation in colour? Anyways, it's about to be a new year and i guess it's time for a new look for my army. Any recommendations on an old gold paint or should I use silver as my secondary colour? Anyways here's a blog to keep a track of my progress. 

Qm6arkPm.jpg

b3ZcWvbm.jpg

cS1j6F6m.jpg

Edited by Lephisto, 02 December 2020 - 10:18 AM.

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,035 posts

A colour shift chapter could be pretty cool. For the gold, I'd recommend trying out the Vallejo liquid metal range. I've recently started using it for the trim on my Legio Astorum and it's much shinier than GW paint. It's like painting actual gold on. You need to use pure alcohol to dilute it though - never water - and that's a bit of a hassle.

• Lephisto likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Lephisto

Lephisto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 455 posts

I was thinking of using leadbelcher and then black templar on top as a secondary colour instead of gold, thoughts? 

iu.png?width=416&height=468

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,035 posts

Not sure. I think that could look a bit dull next to the hyper-colourful armour plates. I'd have to see what that looked like I think, but my initial reaction is that gold would be better.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,111 posts

I think if you go with the silver you'd be straying very closely into Alpha Legion territory :)

Lephisto

Lephisto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 455 posts
Hmm I was the same with Gold that it might be a better choice. Would metallic on metallic be too much or should I try a NMM Gold?

Lephisto

Lephisto

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 455 posts

This after a couple of hours of scrubbing cleaning after a few days in simple green, it's amazing how much of it has gone down to its bare plastic form. It probably be a few weeks before I get the rest done. I'm also ordering a air hose soon to go with my airbrush.

c5VT67Jl.jpg

Edited by Lephisto, 06 December 2020 - 02:01 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Space marines, Successor, Chapter, Blood Angels, Blue Raspberry, Blood Angels Successor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users