Malevolent Arcing Stratagem question

Atrus

I don't have the codex so am curious on the wording.

The source I've found says:

Malevolent Arcing (1 CP): When firing a Tesla weapon, roll a d6 for each unit within 6" of the target; on a 4+, the unit suffers a MW.

My reading from this source says that if I've got a unit of say 5 tomb blades with tesla weapons, I could target 5 different units to get this effect off.

So if a character for example is surrounded by 5 units all conveniently within 6" of each other; using this strat and split firing a tesla weapon at each of the 5 units means this effect would occur 5 times and the character would have to go through 4 of those die rolls to see if it cops the mortal each time- same for the units (except only 4 times because one is dropped for being the target of one of the tesla).

Is this how it can work or is there an important wording in the codex that my source has missed?

Edited by Atrus

No Rules Fishing:

- If you are posting a question about a certain rule, you must have access to the rulebook and/or codex in which that rule is found. We are not here to infringe on GWs Intellectual Property rights.

By your own admission, you do not own the codex in which the rule in question is situated. Therefore, this thread is hereby locked.