Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plagueburst Crawler new stats

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,942 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Pretty much what we expected:

VDWYU1q.jpeg

+1 BS
Entropy Cannon becomes D3+3 instead of D6
The mortar gets D2 instead of D1d3, & has no minimum distance

Spitters are flat S6 (like the bloat drone)

Rothail is rapid fire, lost 1AP

+1A

Big improvement, entropy cannons are now even better than the Accelerated Entropy stratagem which was in Psychic Awakening

Edited by Marshal Loss, 03 December 2020 - 12:46 PM.

• Iron Sage and TrawlingCleaner like this

"All I wish to hear from your imperfect world is the silence of its dead."

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,105 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

Thank god the BS went up. I've tired using crawlers before but at BS 4 they were basically worthless and only good for screening fire. At BS 3+ and big guns never tiring, maybe they'll kill something for once.

+Quod vult valde vult+

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,493 posts
Park one on your home Objective with a few Poxwalkers to screen and your opponent will really struggle to remove it. Even a squad of Eradicators will find it hard to do more than bracket it.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,942 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

If there's a theme of this DG release so far, it's the constant validation of poor loadout decisions (with no magnetising) which I made 3 years ago. Really pleased by the changes here, massive buffs

• Iron Sage and smileyjim like this

"All I wish to hear from your imperfect world is the silence of its dead."

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,855 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Entropy Cannon becomes D3+d3 instead of D6

I think you meant "D3+3" there.

++The Eternal Crusade: Black Templars Tactica (updated Oct 9, 2021)++

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 18,177 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Massive improvements. This is going to be such a solid and powerful unit.

-~Ishagu~-

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,248 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

I'm glad my indecisiveness made me not build any of my Death Guard til now. I may actually learn to play 9th edition and get games in whenever West Yorkshire goes down to Tier 1 cry.gif

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts
I'm really happy with the changes. I wonder if the entropy cannon will have the plague keyword like the strat too. Also makes me wonder if other strats DG got in PA work their way onto the units. I got a feeling DG is getting some point increases.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,550 posts

If there's a theme of this DG release so far, it's the constant validation of poor loadout decisions (with no magnetising) which I made 3 years ago. Really pleased by the changes here, massive buffs

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day" 

But yes, I feel you on that, I've been quite pleased how a lot of the rule of cool based modelling choices I made actually became useful this edition, and I'm glad that it's happening for an army other than Codex Marines. 

T8 12W seems decently tough, I assume it's also disgustingly resilient for an effective 16W? I do love that model, really sad I missed out on the Conquest kit...

• Bryan Blaire likes this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_48988_17207_10696.png

Xenos XX\

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,025 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

But yes, I feel you on that, I've been quite pleased how a lot of the rule of cool based modelling choices I made actually became useful this edition, and I'm glad that it's happening for an army other than Codex Marines.

T8 12W seems decently tough, I assume it's also disgustingly resilient for an effective 16W? I do love that model, really sad I missed out on the Conquest kit...

They had it before, as well as an invul. Its problem was really it's BS, which is why the flamer build got so popular after you could combo it with trees and heralds.

vPwNQrt.gif

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 815 posts

PBC has also a nice advantage compared to other tanks: it is not as tall as other tanks and you can hide it more easily than others.

• Xenith likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,493 posts

A 5+++ is not the same as a 33% increase in wounds. Each wound you save becomes another a wound you can roll for DR in future. If you do the maths, a 5+++ works out to roughly a 50% increase in effective wounds. That would make a PBC equivalent to at least 18W.
  • Marshal Loss likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Atrus

Atrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,078 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Penitent Spirit
My deathguard buddy is gonna love this.
He always complained about the bs4. My counter was that it was to balance out the fact that it doesn't need line of sight to shoot something with the mortar.

I'm hoping that the mortar itself is -1 to hit if it retains the ability to shoot out of Los. (Something that all units/weapons with this ability should do imo)
Not a fan of mortar weapons losing their minimum range.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,550 posts

A 5+++ is not the same as a 33% increase in wounds. Each wound you save becomes another a wound you can roll for DR in future. If you do the maths, a 5+++ works out to roughly a 50% increase in effective wounds. That would make a PBC equivalent to at least 18W.

By Jove, I hadn't factored that you can re-save the already saved wounds. Very powerful. 

• Karhedron likes this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_48988_17207_10696.png

Xenos XX\

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,239 posts

Disgustingly resilient looking to be Infantry only. 

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,163 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

That would be one of the worst changes to any army in the history of 40k.
  • Putrid Choir likes this

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,239 posts

Respectfully disagree.  

• Dark Shepherd likes this
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts

Respectfully disagree.

And I respectfully disagree with your disagree.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,493 posts

There is precendent in the fact that Marine vehicles are not CORE meaning they cannot benefit from various buffs as a result. This approach would be consistent. Even without DR, a 12W T8 tanks with a daemonic 5++ is pretty durable, particularly since it can fire without LOS.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,025 posts
Yet those marine tanks get their chapter tactics and doctrine bonus. DR is the equivalent.

vPwNQrt.gif

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,855 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
DR isn't likely to go away. We're more likely to see a points hike for it, but not a removal of faction defining trait.

++The Eternal Crusade: Black Templars Tactica (updated Oct 9, 2021)++

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts

Yet those marine tanks get their chapter tactics and doctrine bonus. DR is the equivalent.

Is it, though? Do we know it's the equivalent in the 9th ed codex?  Or will there be subfactions (such as from PA) that are the equivalent?

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 815 posts

ATM, 100% of v9 codex have a doctrine equivalent for  battle forged armies fully same faction rolleyesclean.gif  OK, we have only 2 codex: SM and Necron. But still, it points to something...

So, I won't be surprised to see something like this for DG.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts

I guess what I mean is:  maybe it's just a rule for infantry now--similar to all SM dreadnoughts having the Duty Eternal rule.

Maybe the battleforged bonus is something else?  In fact I would almost guarantee the battleforged bonus is something else--it wouldn't make sense to lose DR with souping.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,025 posts

Is it, though? Do we know it's the equivalent in the 9th ed codex? Or will there be subfactions (such as from PA) that are the equivalent?

We don't know what's been added or taken away in terms of special rules; the death guard book is very early 8th in design and a lot can change as we saw from marines 8.0 to marines 8.5. But if we use the marine book as a basis the army wide special rules like chapter tactics and combat doctrines were kept the same. Some unit's bespoke abilities got shifted to strats and some strats got applied wholesale, but it's a safe assumption to make that the daemon engines will receive the same defensive ability as the infantry be that DR or whatever the new version is.

vPwNQrt.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users