Mortis

Marshal Loss

So folks, honest question.

Is it just me or are the Fire Wasps the make or break here?

I honestly feel like they are probably the single most overhyped and yet underserved of the major loyalists tbh.

They are one of the original three, the bitter rival of Mortis and among the Emperor's own guardians. But I cant recall them ever having done or being said to have done something even a little bit significant, even in the older lore. They have always just been 'there'.

That they are facing off against Mortis in this book is really their big chance to be something other than the 'faceless yet somehow important' guys it feels like.

Or is it just me and they already live up to their insetting reputation?

Edited by StrangerOrders

Well depending on how much you care about the webway project, then the fire wasps being there cements their importance. But, you can also say they haven't been shown doing anything else and that they haven't had anything to build their reputation. But then again, there's been almost no titan legion development outside mortis, tempestus' loyalist faction and audax.

Hoping my copy arrives today - Saturnine arrived on the day of release but that was before the UK’s postal system went haywire after Brexit - and I can get stuck in.

Hyped to see the first character list photos appear on this thread as well, especially if mine doesn’t arrive today.

Man, I'm so excited to see THAT Horus/Abaddon conversation after the Saturnine events!

Poor Abby, it might be quite hard to explain what happened...

You would hope that there'd be some focus on this... I can't help but worry that it'll be lost in the mix similar to the outcome of Sig vs Little Horus, all subsequent novels seemed to carry on with his character as if nothing had happened when he faced off with the king of all Templars.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Graham has a novella about Mars coming though. Just a stab in the dark, so I’m likely wrong, but the advent short story he did has me suspicious.

This! Mechanicum 1.5 please. I really want to know what Dalia Cythera & her two guardian knights have been up to! :sweat:

The lighting hall novella kind of tells you a bit, though the knights have separated from Dalia.

Wow, when was that little title released?! I cannot see it as part of an anthology on the BL website, just a standalone ebook... thanks for the heads up, I deffo need to pick this up!

TFW no Abaddon

No Legio Mortis characters either in a book titled Mortis :tongue.:

I suspect they were long turned into slabs of rotten Nurgle meat :yes:

100% - would have been a great opportunity to throw back to the Legio Mortis characters from the original trilogy though, even if it was to just show what they had become. Might still happen I spose