Seraphim Loadout and magnetisation

I have recently purchased two boxes of Seraphim, with the thought of building one set of Seraphim with them to supplement the bare ones from the Starter box and build the other one as Zeraphym while taking the guns from that box as well.

The question here Is what is your opinion on the loadouts currently and magnetization.

- Leader: Plasma or no Plasma/ Power Sword or Chain sword?

- Handflamers or Infernopistols?

I Assume a Part of the answer depends on the Army.

I usually play Valorous Heart, but I tend to play around with lists quite often so Bloody Rose could happen too once and a while.

If I would be able to magnetize I would be spared the hassle of deciding. The question that occurs is how to pull it off. I am used to CSM and they are quite easy to magnetize because I am able to use 3x2 mm Magnets which provide enough strength. But SOB seem more difficult.

One option would be at the arm joints, but I am not sure about how to get into the armpits with my drill correctly.

The option would be to cut right at the joint to the glove, but I am unsure what kind of Magnet to use here.

Did anyone here attempt this yet?

For the regular seraphim, there isn't really any need to magnetize them from just one box. All of the regular seraphim in the box can be made with special weapons. Two models can be made with either pistols or handflamers, and the other two can be made with either pistols or inferno pistols. 

So with one box plus the seraphim from the starter box, you can have 2 5-women squads. One with handflamers and one with inferno pistols.

But if you wanted to magnetize, it would probably be best to do it where the arms attach to the torso. 

i dont really rate flamers, especially S3 flamers...so i would go for inferno pistols, but they are supposed to be more of a distractions/secondary scoring unit so going cheap with flamers is an option. If you are taking them order of the blood rose is really good for them as the are all AP-1 and there is something to be said for 8D6 auto hits at -1 even at if they are only S3, plus 12 S4 AP-1 shots, although at that point i would say range might become an issue

I currently run 2x 5 women squads of Seraphim with Inferno Pistols. With the strat for 12" Inferno Pistols from deepstrike they become quite effective character snipers.

My last battle against White Scars I 'one-shot' Kor'sarro Khan with a squad. Threw off the course of the match completely.

Just stagger them so one squad arrives T2 and the other T3 so you can use the stratagem twice.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and tips!

So in general the inferno pistol seems to be the go to option.

What is the general consensus on the Plasma Pistol and Power sword?

Yesterday night I have been trying some ways to magnetize. For those who are interested:

2x1,5 mm Magnets should work for magnetizing in the arm joints. This definitely gives a well enough supp0rt. The Problem would be the scraping of paint when changing arms because    some arms touch the body.

Therefore I would prefer magnetization at the end of the gloves. I cut apart some leftover arms and tried magnetizing here and the 2 mm Magnets I used are slightly too big for the thin arms to fit in without destroying it in the drilling process. It is possible in some cases but the risk in damaging the arms can be quite high.

For the magnetization of the hands I will order some 1,5 x 2 mm magnets and a 1,5 mm drill. This size is quite rare but it is possible in Germany and I have seen some on ebay at least.

Once I got everything I need I will do a test-run and if successful I will do Tutorial If anyone is Interested.

The only real reason to take the plasma pistol is if you are running the order that gives you +1 to hit if someone dies, then overcharge your plasma pistiol and use a mircale dice of a 1 if you have it. She dies but then your 4 inferno pistols are hitting on 2s.

Inferno pistols vs flamers really comes down to the rest of your list. If you have lots of AT then flamers are probably better, especially as you can double shoot them, and if your bloody rose for AP-1. 

The plus side to hand flamers is you can double shoot them in a single turn now that they are 12" range:

A. pop the Stratagem that lets them shoot when they arrive (you don't care about the range so much as getting to shoot in the Movement phase)

B. shoot again in the Shooting phase.

That being said, as others have pointed out....you're gambling on how many laspistol shots you get. 

Infernos cant do that since they're only 6" in the shooting phase and you DS'ed 9+ away.