Codex Predictions + Hopes

WARMASTER_

I'd love to see a Rubicon'd Azzy! If the Smurfs can get that treatment and the Bangles with Dante, Wolves with Blackmane, we should be up there as well, especially considering the age of the named characters, I remember the Azzy and Ezekiel models being released!

Considering that SW release was without new models, deathwatch release was without new models and Deathwatch too and also GW still have to release 5 announced SM kits (Gravis Captain with heavy bolter, Heavy Intercessors, Eradicators, Storm Speeder, Bladeguard) i doubt we will see new models with the DA supplement but one can still hope
You are right but it is also true that SW and Deathwatch have newer kits than DA regarding HQ options, so we can dream with the 0,0001% chance of getting a new Azrael model.

I'd love to see a Rubicon'd Azzy! If the Smurfs can get that treatment and the Bangles with Dante, Wolves with Blackmane, we should be up there as well, especially considering the age of the named characters, I remember the Azzy and Ezekiel models being released!

Considering that SW release was without new models, deathwatch release was without new models and Deathwatch too and also GW still have to release 5 announced SM kits (Gravis Captain with heavy bolter, Heavy Intercessors, Eradicators, Storm Speeder, Bladeguard) i doubt we will see new models with the DA supplement but one can still hope

I have problem understanding here, you mean DW? since SW got the Hounds of Morkai and the BA got the Death Company Primaris

I have problem understanding here, you mean DW? since SW got the Hounds of Morkai and the BA got the Death Company Primaris

Those were not new models though. Only new units using existing kits.

Basically yes, but again we're talking about a Bladeguard deathwing variant if I understand correctly, that wouldn't be too hard with the existing models.

This is a very vanilla edition. Pretty much nothing new kit-wise that everyone else doesn't also have (Primaris-wise), except for possibly a Chapter-specific character. I wouldn't expect more than that. Rules will be most of it.

I would love to be shockingly surprised though.

I'd like a Ravenwing Company Banner that does something I want for my Ravenwing units. A +1 Attack bubble doesn't really suit the Ravenwing playstyle. I could definitely go for a FNP bubble a la the Pennant of Remembrance. Alternately, a -1 damage bubble would work for me as well.

As far as Deathwing goes, since it doesn't seem like GW is doing a Terminator Primaris equivalent anytime soon, and since Bladeguard are Deathwing without, I could see some sort of rule where a standard unit is upgraded to have +1 Attack and becomes an Elite choice, and then there's the option to Teleport Strike them, either inherently as DWTs currently can, or as a strat. If we could, say, throw a mix of Bladeguard and Veteran Intercessors into teleport reserve and drop them in with Combined Assault, that would approximate the current relationship between Firstborn RW and DW pretty nicely.

Unless they return the banners of a thousand gimmicks, brother bethor, and the weapons of the dark age I could honestly care less what else they do

Salvo 2/4 stalker bolt rifles or boltstorm gauntlets oh yes, oohhhh yesss

https://youtu.be/iWa-6g-TbgI

Edited by aura_enchanted

With all the change to Deathguard am excite for DA. I think the new inner circle will stay as writen in our index it will be great for our character and terminator than need to engage in melee.

WOTDA is realy a mystery for me, with all the damage reduction in 9e with only 3 codex so far, the 3 damage don't look like overpower when many unit can reduce it to D2.

The return of the 3 banner will be great and easy to do with the new rules, remove the new banner add to Ravenwing and Deathwing in PA and add:

All standard, reroll failed moral test

Standard of Fortitude: 5+++ aura

Standard of Retribution: heroic intervention aura

Standard of Devastation: 1 per game double shot with bolter aura

When I got told about Lazarus and given the Ritual of the Damned short stories on .pdf early, I suspect he probably would have told me about anything new. They showed us that Sisters LT, some DE character and of course the death guard guy.. I bet we would have seen a primaris'd Azzy since it's super close but /shrug 

I hope Inner Circle stays the same. I anticipate a Deathwing Master and Deathwing Ancient replacing the datasheets in Codex: SM. I also hope Fallen stuff is limited to Crusade rules and that all of the effort on our stratagems was spent wisely.

I don't really care if Weapons From the Dark Age sticks around or not. I can't tell if P L A S M A is something GW put on us or if the global DA community at large leaned into it and it just stuck for years.

Edited by Archaeinox

I don't really care if Weapons From the Dark Age sticks around or not. I can't tell if P L A S M A is something GW put on us or if the global DA community at large leaned into it and it just stuck for years.

Azzy’s combi-plasma, Black Knights plasma talons, Dark Vengeance tac squad all kitted with plasma, plasma cannons as an option on terminators, the land speeder vengeance, primaris lieutenant with plasma pistol... I think it’s officially a thing.

Edited by bigtrouble

Azzy’s combi-plasma, Black Knights plasma talons, Dark Vengeance tac squad all kitted with plasma, plasma cannons as an option on terminators, the land speeder vengeance, primaris lieutenant with plasma pistol... I think it’s officially a thing.

It begin in codex 3.5, DA was so weak they try to give us something special to help us without doing a full codex. They release an updated to our 3ed codex with 2 new option:

Terminator command squad withoptior for Banner and Apo

Tactical suqad with option to take plasma canon...

It was 1 page updated in WD or chapter approved, i don't remember, it's almost 20 year ago.

The plasma canon was not available for tactical in 3ed. GW give us a realy small reason, DA have more relic from the great crusade vs other chapter so they can take plasma canon in tactical squad (and have suit of TDA with banner or narthecium/reductor).

They expand the plasma specialty later with the addition of Black Knight, LS Vengeance and terminator plasma canon when they give the option for plasma canon to all tactical.

It begin in codex 3.5, DA was so weak they try to give us something special to help us without doing a full codex. They release an updated to our 3ed codex with 2 new option:

Terminator command squad withoptior for Banner and Apo

Tactical suqad with option to take plasma canon...

It was 1 page updated in WD or chapter approved, i don't remember, it's almost 20 year ago.

The plasma canon was not available for tactical in 3ed. GW give us a realy small reason, DA have more relic from the great crusade vs other chapter so they can take plasma canon in tactical squad (and have suit of TDA with banner or narthecium/reductor).

They expand the plasma specialty later with the addition of Black Knight, LS Vengeance and terminator plasma canon when they give the option for plasma canon to all tactical.

Plasma cannon for tacticals was an options only DA had in supplement 3.5 but it was extended to all SM tacticals in 4th edition

DW and RW command squad were introduced in DA codex 4th ed but there were no models for that

Until 6th edition there were not a spam of plasma for DA when they added Black Knights and plasma cannon for DW and proper models for RW and DW command

It seems likely to me the Bladeguard Veterans multipart kit will come out with the new codex, since they’re still waiting release.

We're also still waiting on Heavy Intercessors and the Speeders iirc

And the Gravis captain, im hoping the hurry too! those BG must be mine Edited by BladeOfVengeance

BGV, speeder, etc. will probably come out with the Codex.

I don't really know what kind of unique unit they'd add. I don't really care to have something extraneous that we don't need. So if we're not getting a unique kit, then I don't really see a reason to have anything there, unless it's added Deathwing or Ravenwing units.

Now, if we're using decals and all for Deathwing and have new icons for BGV given the sheet from Indomitus, then we need a new transfer sheet. I see that as a necessity. My preference would be that they stop the nonsense there and just release a full sheet like HH has or the SW have.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

It seems likely to me the Bladeguard Veterans multipart kit will come out with the new codex, since they’re still waiting release.

We're also still waiting on Heavy Intercessors and the Speeders iirc

And the Gravis captain, im hoping the hurry too! those BG must be mine
And the multipart eradicators

There are still five announced SM kits to release months after the release of the codex

This is not good for DA cause if GW will use DA supplement to release those unreleased units (in particular Bladeguard as DW and Storm Speeders as RW are the most likely) we Will not receive anything new for us not even those joke units made with one kit and the upgrade sprue like the SW specific reivers and the BA DC intercessors

So i think that the Asmodai/IntChap kit is a fake Rumor and we won't get anything new

But what we really need are not new kits but more consistent rules writing like they specify that units drawn from C:SM that gets the DW/RW keyword (or the ones we Can give DW keyword as per supplement) will get Inner Circle/Jink too

We don't need the Deathwatch situation where only two units and four characters get the SIA and the other ones must get them through stratagems, relics and so on

Edited by Master Sheol