What would you like to see in the next FAQ ?

Guest Metaliptica

As with book 8 you can play the Punisher and Omega Tank Hunter variants in Squadrons of 1-2 tanks. But i think it would be to much for the Arcus as it is.

The Sicaran Omega should be reworked. It's outrageous that those BFGs on the turret only amount to 6 puny plasmagun shots combined.

Edited by The Scorpion

As with book 8 you can play the Punisher and Omega Tank Hunter variants in Squadrons of 1-2 tanks. But i think it would be to much for the Arcus as it is.

The Sicaran Omega should be reworked. It's outrageous that those BFGs on the turret amount to 6 puny plasmagun shots combined.

Yeah, its a bit weak compared to the Predators Plasmaturret. I would like to add a second overcharge option with a 5" template to make it more interesting.

Revert the malcador tank changes so its actually usable again

Need clarity on twin linked template weapons for ZM (RAI vs RAW)

Salvo weapons and reaction fire in ZM, intentional or not?

Rad Furnace needs an FAQ regarding if it impacts friendly models (RAI vs RAW)

Adding 'assault vehicle' to Gorgon heavy transports

Breachers a tad cheaper.

Sicarans in squads (maybe not the venator but the rest)

Do something to make hammerfall strikeforce not suck. I love the idea but its hilariously bad. This is delving into 'do a new redbook and rebalance all the legions' territory though.

Give dorn relemtless so he can use his stupid gun and charge.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Yes, but what about my basic Sicaran Battle Tanks? The Punisher and Omega are fine and dandy (though as has been said, the Omega needs an upgrade), but maybe I just want my basic tank to have some friends, too?

Do agree, it'd be a bit much for the Arcus, and the Venator is likely best served as a lone tank, but the base MBT could use the ability.

Yes, but what about my basic Sicaran Battle Tanks? The Punisher and Omega are fine and dandy (though as has been said, the Omega needs an upgrade), but maybe I just want my basic tank to have some friends, too?

Do agree, it'd be a bit much for the Arcus, and the Venator is likely best served as a lone tank, but the base MBT could use the ability.

I dont disagree with you on the basic Sicaran.

Just writting whats already been done in the rules.

I wish there would be done something to make Rotorcanons more interesting.

After some deliberation I'd nominate a few things more for some kind of rework/price change:

- Command Squad (non TDA) - never seen one actually on the table, quite expensive, outrageously expensive bikes or JPs, lack of combis etc...

- Rotor Cannons - at this point i think they should be free of charge, i don't think anyone uses them really, unless they are built in (Vorax). Also, snub rotor cannon

- Cortus and friends - since his introduction everywhere I look i see only Cortuses. For me at least he completely invalidated regular (so melee or mixed) Contemptors or Boxnoughts. I'd appreciate some cost adjustment

- Javelin vs Speeder - one is omnipresent other is neglected despite not really being too shabby. But current pricing can leave only one clear winner

I've seen command squads before. The only issue for me with them is that they max out at 5 members. In terminator armour or on a jetbike, that's not an issue but on foot in artificer? There needs to be another 5 of them or no dice.

Sicarans in pairs would be fine I think. As said above, the Arcus and Venator wouldn't need it. On the subject of the Arcus, it needs to have a nerf to ripplefire. It's so good for its points value that it appears disproportionately often.

I've seen command squads before. The only issue for me with them is that they max out at 5 members. In terminator armour or on a jetbike, that's not an issue but on foot in artificer? There needs to be another 5 of them or no dice.

I agree (and would like larger possible TDA squads too), 6 wounds when people tool up on AP2 makes them feel a little flimsy.

The Sicaran Omega should be reworked. It's outrageous that those BFGs on the turret only amount to 6 puny plasmagun shots combined.

100% agree, the Omega is pretty awful at its "tank destroyer" role, while the Arcus is just this amazing anti-everything platform.  Headcanon, it doesn't make sense for the massive oversize plasma cannons strapped to it equaling essentially a glorified plasma gun.  For something like the plasma Deredeo, sure, because they actually look like long barrel plasma guns.  For the Omega, no way.

The Arcus could be toned down by nerfing its Arcus Warheads from AP2 to AP3 so that it isn't just instakill for TDA and vehicles due to cluster warhead.  Instead, it would become adept at fishing for immobilized or weapon destroyed results instead of Explodes! due to cluster warhead.  Perhaps change ripple fire to only allowing you to fire every other turn but permit it to be used if you moved.

I'd like to see the Omega reworked something along the lines of the following:

Plasma volley: R24" S8 AP2 Heavy 4, Blast

Sustained burn: R24" S9 AP2 Heavy 1, Plasma burn, Twin-linked, Lance, Get's Hot

That way plasma volley becomes something more unique than just a plasma gun, assuming the heavy infantry killer role from the Arcus but at shorter range.  For sustained burn, it seems like a giant plasma blowtorch burning through armour fits the bill for Lance both fluffwise and cruchwise so it can actually kill something by hull point stripping, but at only AP2, because AP1 is the Venator's niche.

Certainly agree with others that the regular Sicaran should be able to be taken in squadrons of 1-2.

Edited by Armillion

I've been pretty unimpressed by the arcus, but usually have a great amount of terrain so it can't just sit still and unload all game. Short ranged and immobility don't usually add up to a great unit when it's not plant bowling ball.

The Arcus is point for point one of the best units in the game. The only time it doesn't perform in my games is when it's blown up on turn 1. 

The ripple fired 8 ST8 AP2 kills units so reliably. 

I've been pretty unimpressed by the arcus, but usually have a great amount of terrain so it can't just sit still and unload all game. Short ranged and immobility don't usually add up to a great unit when it's not plant bowling ball.

The Arcus is point for point one of the best units in the game. The only time it doesn't perform in my games is when it's blown up on turn 1.

Right yes, unless you need to move to get los and lose out on ripple fire as a result. It's effectiveness is completely tied to line of sight blocking terrain and table density in a way very few vehicle mounted weapons are.

Right yes, unless you need to move to get los and lose out on ripple fire as a result. It's effectiveness is completely tied to line of sight blocking terrain and table density in a way very few vehicle mounted weapons are.
That.

Just like so many "best shooting units" can only shine if your table contains all but no LOS blocking terrain. Which is very often the case.

I call it the fiver deployment. Lots and lots of tables have five more or less big terrain pieces which are arranged like the five on a dice. Two in each deployment zones and one in the center with maybe some very little pieces of terrain between them. Those kind of tables are horrible, plain and simple. I play Iron Warriors for years now and am a huge advocate for as much terrain as possible because I want to play and not just dice it out.

Having said that I want to add that the Arcus is indeed a great tank. But only if she can shoot freely, really.

Command squads definitely used to be useful, the Banner of fearless was much loved at the Betrayal WHW event! They probably just need updating to match the creep in Legion terminator elites, more toys, more wounds :) 

Ive not played outside of Zm since the Arcus got released but its basically an up-hulled skorpius? Its very nasty if you can catch infantry in the open but straight S8 isnt great for cracking armour in HH and as mentioned, Terrain and range can be a real limiting factor. Always more terrain! :D 

Command squads definitely used to be useful, the Banner of fearless was much loved at the Betrayal WHW event! They probably just need updating to match the creep in Legion terminator elites, more toys, more wounds :)

I never understood the fascination the CS evoked in lots of players. A 5 men fearless cc unit for lots and lots of points. Obviously I never get the memo why that is attractive.;)

I'd like indomni pattern terminators to get some sort of reason to take them. Either a points reduction or the ability to deep strike as their special rule.

Agreed.

As much as I'm grateful for Tartaros (my favourite TDA mark) getting 5+ Invulnerable Save it made Indomitus pretty much obsolete apart from a different aesthetic. I'll be including some in my Legion project for variety but it would be nice for them to have their own specialty.

And Gorgoff, I think the Command Squad intrigue is that they're really fun units people could go to town creating their own little squad of heroes.

Edited by Hfran Morkai

I'd like indomni pattern terminators to get some sort of reason to take them. Either a points reduction or the ability to deep strike as their special rule.

Agreed.

As much as I'm grateful for Tartaros (my favourite TDA mark) getting 5+ Invulnerable Save it made Indomitus pretty much obsolete apart from a different aesthetic. I'll be including some in my Legion project for variety but it would be nice for them to have their own specialty.

And Gorgoff, I think the Command Squad intrigue is that they're really fun units people could go to town creating their own little squad of heroes.

I have about 2k of Indomni 30k fists :D i really wish they were better

I would like to see Varagyr -> 2W and Sekhmet -> 1W (I am more of a Thousand Sons player so no bias). A rework of some of the less useful RoWs would be good. maybe always let Phalanx Warders buy teleport? Would match their FA role. Would also maybe like to see Breachers get 5++ to shooting? At least as a playtest.