Grey Knights 9th edition wishlist

Skywrath

With the release of 9th, it's only a matter of time before we get our codex. That being said, I am creating this master thread to see what we, the GK sub-forum want to see when our codex drops. Then we could probably compare our wishlist's to expectations to potential future trends that might be in store for us. Starting with myself..

1. Tides interactions with the whole army, including Vehicles - meaning GMNDK's and NDK's. The Land Raider non-interactions I can live with.

2. Psycannons being buffed to D2, -2AP. Psilencers being buffed to -1 AP. 

3. Paladins getting WS/BS 2, T5, maybe 4+ invuln. I can settle for 4W instead of T5 though. Bodyguard rule.

4. GM/GMNDK's/BC being able to cast 2, deny 2. 

5. GM/BC having Psychic Locus. 

6. 2W Purgations/Strikes/Purifiers/Interceptors, and 3W Terminators like we should have had at the start of this edition, like everyone else. *grumble grumble grumble*

7. Chapter Command upgrades - except for Chapter Command option. This could be the interesting as it paves the way for lore expansion on existing GK characters such as Vardan Kai.

8. Primaris Grey Knights - yes, I just realised I just signed my death warrant by writing that.

Keen to hear your thoughts - let's get this discussion roaring!

Talk about opening Pandora‘s box.

Order according to preference:

1. Wounds update for our units (looking at you, Terminators).

2. Appropriate AP on our special weapons and damage on Psycannons.

3. Something to up the chances of charge rolls (missing re-rolls from First to the Fray time and again feels silly).

3.1. Warlord Trait overhaul. Having to select between two viable options is kind of sad.

4. A viable alternative to dakka Dreadnoughts as heavy weapon platforms.

5. A Paladins upgrade. Not sure whether we‘d want a 4th wound though.

6. More Fast Attack options.

7. A rework of the lesser utilized characters, perhaps new ones?

8. 12“ range update on Incinerators.

Edit:

9. No Primaris (sorry, I had to).

Edited by Weltbild

You are opening a huge can of worms here.... are you prepared for what comes next? :biggrin.:

That I am, hence my last statement. If things don't go to plan, there won't be a discussion :smile.: Take this both as a warning and a gentle reminder.

With that out of the way - what is your wishlist, Master Reskin?

Talk about opening Pandora‘s box.

Order according to preference:

1. Wounds update for our units (looking at you, Terminators).

2. Appropriate AP on our special weapons and damage on Psycannons.

3. Something to up the chances of charge rolls (missing re-rolls from First to the Fray time and again feels silly).

3.1. Warlord Trait overhaul. Having to select between two viable options is kind of sad.

4. A viable alternative to dakka Dreadnoughts as heavy weapon platforms.

5. A Paladins upgrade. Not sure whether we‘d want a 4th wound though.

6. More Fast Attack options.

7. A rework of the lesser utilized characters, perhaps new ones?

8. 12“ range update on Incinerators.

Edit:

9. No Primaris (sorry, I had to).

Point n3: We might get the new chaplain litanies as a "tree" to our GK specific ones. So in a sense how we have both sanctic and dominus powers, those might be an option? Would be awesome if we had access to the librarius discipline of the regular SM, but I don't think that's happening. 

Point n8: I think that will be happening, but I suspect the flamer will be given the heavy incinerator treatment of having less AP than the alternative. 

Edited by Skywrath

1. Obvious stuff we should get: brotherhoods, +1 W, +1S on force weapons, +1D on Psycannon, +4" range on incinerators, upgrades to HQs, new rules for apothecaries, strats, etc.

2. Incinerators getting psyweapon keyword, or return of psyflame ammunition strat;

3. Psilencers getting some rule which represents their psychic ammunition, like always wound on 4+, if the target is not a vehicle;

4. Draigo should get some update. His bane of evil rule is useless. I wish, he could always give rerolls of damage to NFWs and psilencers;

5. Crowe needs and update badly. I wish, he could get some cool rule to mitigate lack of AP, like 6 to-wound is turned to mortal wound or resolved at AP-6;

6. All of our characters and troops should have teleport strike, as well as dreadnoughts. Teleportarium strat should be usable on all vehicles;

7. I want paladins to be bodyguard type unit. We really need this to protect our heroes, which want to get close;

8. Purifiers have to be revisited. They should get their +1A back. Purifying flames should be revised - it was better in every iteration before 8th;

9. Purgation squads should have Relentless rule;

10. NDKs need to be revised too. However, in our age of Eradicators, I don't see what could save them. I wish, force shielding be working like Quantum shields - 1-3 to wounds always fail and 5++ atop of it. Their teleporters  have to work like in 5-7 - give 12 move and pseudofly;

11. I want psychic pilot back, at least, like a stratagem to upgrade a vehicle to psyker;

12. I want a way to take stormtroopers as allies without breaking anything to represent daemonhunters-like forces.

I forgot somethin, probably, but these things are first that come to mind. 

1. Obvious stuff we should get: brotherhoods, +1 W, +1S on force weapons, +1D on Psycannon, +4" range on incinerators, upgrades to HQs, new rules for apothecaries, strats, etc.

2. Incinerators getting psyweapon keyword, or return of psyflame ammunition strat;

3. Psilencers getting some rule which represents their psychic ammunition, like always wound on 4+, if the target is not a vehicle;

4. Draigo should get some update. His bane of evil rule is useless. I wish, he could always give rerolls of damage to NFWs and psilencers;

5. Crowe needs and update badly. I wish, he could get some cool rule to mitigate lack of AP, like 6 to-wound is turned to mortal wound or resolved at AP-6;

6. All of our characters and troops should have teleport strike, as well as dreadnoughts. Teleportarium strat should be usable on all vehicles;

7. I want paladins to be bodyguard type unit. We really need this to protect our heroes, which want to get close;

8. Purifiers have to be revisited. They should get their +1A back. Purifying flames should be revised - it was better in every iteration before 8th;

9. Purgation squads should have Relentless rule;

10. NDKs need to be revised too. However, in our age of Eradicators, I don't see what could save them. I wish, force shielding be working like Quantum shields - 1-3 to wounds always fail and 5++ atop of it. Their teleporters  have to work like in 5-7 - give 12 move and pseudofly;

11. I want psychic pilot back, at least, like a stratagem to upgrade a vehicle to psyker;

12. I want a way to take stormtroopers as allies without breaking anything to represent daemonhunters-like forces.

I forgot somethin, probably, but these things are first that come to mind. 

Thanks for the input, but I have a lot of questions, so without further ado..

Point n2: How did psyflame ammunition strat work?
Point n3: Would be cool, but I'm not really seeing it - if we are addressing this from the psychic strength perspective, then perhaps there could be something like this - if a psilencer hits and successfully wounds, roll an additional D6, on a roll of a 5+ that target takes 1 (or D3) mortal wounds? Was this what you had in mind?
Point n4: I recall someone mentioning before that Draigo was S5 and T5, do you see that happening?
Point n5: Agreed - perhaps he could have something like psychic locus but only extends the range of the purifying flame ability (by extending I mean doubling)?
Point n6: We technically have that in terms of strategic reserves?
Point n7: Agreed. It should be reflected to Apothecaries as well, to reflect the fluff.
Point n8: Agreed. 
Point n9: Relentless rule?
Point n10: THAT WOULD BE AWESOME, UPVOTED AND UPVOTED! Maybe give them Duty Eternal on top of this and T7 or 8? 

My wish would be a combat patrol box with 10 Power Armour, 5 Terminators and a NDK...

I'd probably pick up a grey knight army if tat happened.

Historically, did the GK ever have a combat control box? I remember something about a Vanguard Strike force that had a NDK and a Land Raider, was that it? Also, if you ever do go the way of the Grey Knights, we would happily have you here :) I'll put the aegis power armor away for now.. *puts the aegis armor in a reliquary*

Ho! Ho! Ho! will father ChristGWmas be kind to all you misbehaving deviants? That's the question, some interesting wishlists. You've heard me rant on enough already about GK needs and fixes, what I'll do is, I'll apply to their rules written team and see what I can deliver for us :)

Historically, did the GK ever have a combat control box? I remember something about a Vanguard Strike force that had a NDK and a Land Raider, was that it? Also, if you ever do go the way of the Grey Knights, we would happily have you here :smile.: I'll put the aegis power armor away for now.. *puts the aegis armor in a reliquary*

'Historically', the Combat Patrol set is new, so no. But, it's a good question nevertheless. The last reference to a GK starter set I saw was in 2017 when some fraters on this subforum were talking about a NDK and Strike Squad set, and I vaguely remember seeing something along those lines a few years ago, but I'm sure that's just my wishful thinking playing tricks on me:wacko.:  

There was a GK bundle set available from GW direct when the NDK was first released. But that was a standard GW bundle offer with no discount. Does anyone have direct proof of a GK starter box from days past?

Point n2: How did psyflame ammunition strat work?
Point n3: Would be cool, but I'm not really seeing it - if we are addressing this from the psychic strength perspective, then perhaps there could be something like this - if a psilencer hits and successfully wounds, roll an additional D6, on a roll of a 5+ that target takes 1 (or D3) mortal wounds? Was this what you had in mind?
Point n4: I recall someone mentioning before that Draigo was S5 and T5, do you see that happening?
Point n5: Agreed - perhaps he could have something like psychic locus but only extends the range of the purifying flame ability (by extending I mean doubling)?
Point n6: We technically have that in terms of strategic reserves?
Point n7: Agreed. It should be reflected to Apothecaries as well, to reflect the fluff.
Point n8: Agreed. 
Point n9: Relentless rule?
Point n10: THAT WOULD BE AWESOME, UPVOTED AND UPVOTED! Maybe give them Duty Eternal on top of this and T7 or 8? 

2) PFA was not a strat. I think, it was an upgrade back in 5th which game +1S to incinerators;

3) Looks like too much rolls. I'd like to see a stable effect without MW involved. We have our MW's in psyphase, that's enough. Psilencer used to always wounding daemons on 4+ in 5th. I'd like to see some bonus without infantry/monsters, but a penlaty against vehicles. It is a psyweapon after all;

4) I don't know. He has a good profile, he could be fine without it, but that wouldn't hurt. I really liked the idea for warp emergency have same effect as sanguinor new rule. But I was never disappointed about beatstick part of him;

5) I just want to be what he is in lore - a master swordsman. I like the idea, that he cannot use power of his blade, but he has to have more special rules to compensate. He used to ignore armor on a roll of 4+ to wound in 5th ed. It is hard to apply such a rule in 9, but I'd like to see MWs on 4+ to wound or something like that;

6) Strategic reserves need more CP and forces us to arrive 9" from the table edge. But I am sure, GW will never do this. And Gate will become infantry/core only;

9) Relentless was a special rule, which allowed to ignore movement penalty in 7th edition. Terminators had that, for example. Now Havocs and Retributors ignore heavy penalty. Purgators should too;

10) GW will never do that. Too much buffs. T7 is a possibilty. But I'd like to see it as quantum shields. NDKs are protected by power field. If they expose a pilot this way, such a field should be very strong. My main problem with NDK is to get it into melee. To do it, it has to be either tougher or more mobile. 

My wish list is always going to be largely the same from last edition.

Simply put, We need more variety.

At the moment, all our power armour units are basically the same as each other, and can do the exact same thing as each other. Except for maaaaybe interceptors.

They need more defined roles. At the moment, they all do the same thing, they all shoot and attack exactly the same as each other, and they all have access to the same powers and weapons.

Maybe have certain abilities or powers for that individual unit only?

purgation squads, could get their old relentless back (move and shoot heavy weapons at full bs) or maybe have a new rule, where if they stay still, they can focus their psychic might better and gain extra strength or AP on psi guns? Or re-rolls? Or extra shots? Anything really lol.

Purifiers, need a better purifying flame. As someone already said, every other iteration in previous books were better. Just bring one of them back.

I wouldn't say no to an extra attack/leadership like they used to have either, but I don't know if there's any fluff justifications for this.

Interceptors, I suppose are different enough because they have double the move and can once a game redeploy. But maybe giving them a version of the old power 'warp quake' back?

And my beginning statements for power armour, also apply to our terminators. Other than a paladin paragon.... The only difference between a paladin and a regular terminator is an extra wound and attack. So need defining roles more.

Absolutely paladins need some bodyguard rules. To help push us into actually using our characters fully, not keeping them behind for re-rolls. That's just lame.

There's nothing that can be done to the vehicles really. The problem with vehicles as a whole isn't the vehicles themselves, it is with the proliferation of high strength, multi damage weapons, that GW are just handing out in spades to everyone these days (except us), also the fact that any weapons can damage any toughest as well (I've never been a fan of this mechanic at all).

But having psychic pilot back would be cool, but this would have to come with point increases. Our razorback/landraider would have to be more expensive than a smurf one.

Crowe, hes been asked to have better combat ever since he was invented. All he needs is a rule to cause mortals or -4ap or whatever on rolls of 4+. To show his epic pinpoint combat skills. This guy used to has a weapon skill of 8 when we used that old system! (how I miss it) This needs to be reflected in his rules.

Now since this is a wish list.

Why not ask to bring the original first to the frey rule holder!? grand master mordrak and his ghost knights! That concept was so cool. And I'd really like to try painting some ghost knights, and chopping some legs off and such to make it look like they're rising from the ground to protect their master.

And Anval Thawn. Having a perpetual justicar used to be rather amusing!

Edited by Captain Coolpants

I....must.....resist....the urge.... to...wish...for...hope........ ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't resist, dammit! Skywrath, you make such a tantalising topic. With that said, I wont add much, I think all of you are on the right track on what GK's need.

I'll reiterate by saying, Our special characters and HQ choices need to be cheaper and more special.

Our elites, need to be more elite, WS for all paladins, purifiers, and more attacks on the purifiers. Fix their psychic ability, and remove the useless special weapons rule for them, you want them to have power weapons and dice through things like BA death company. They are meant to be the Power armoured versions of paladins.

Paladins, with the bodyguard rule, as that's what they essentially are, bodyguards to GM's and pretty much the next in line for promotion to BC's and GM's. Don't the SM have some option like this? Vitrix guard or something? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Dreadnoughts need to be brought inline, and considering its a GK body (or mind) still powering the stupid thing, why cant he as a psyker interact with our tides of the warp GW?!?!? I swear they are idiots sometimes...

NDK's, same thing? there's a psychic Grey Knight in terminator armour on the front of thing, why can't he interact with the tides of the warp?!?!? Although the quantim shielding thought is a great idea... but if anything, I would just rather him be more mobile, 12-14" move like a jump(teleport) infantry and the once per game ability to shunt 30" inches again, or just redeploy like the interceptors. More mobility naturally leads to an increase in survivabilty.

naturally more wounds across the board, paladins going to 4 wounds. with something like transhuman built in.

no penalties to shooting with heavy weapons on the purgation squads, and perhaps a built in astral aim as a rule not a psychic ability for them.

We need some of the infantry to have different toughness levels, like SM do. Its so stupid we are essentially the same DNA structure aside from a few stands of code.

How is Calgar and other units toughness 5??? So Draigo and perhaps other characters going to T5 would fix the issue.

5th edition, where psybolt was standard across all our guns. DW get SIA on units without a stratagem being used. Why do we have to spend 2CP for something that isn't that great, but we need to use to bring our :censored: stuff from bad up to mediocre.

Incinerators are the most expansive special weapon.... and none of us use it, in fact no net list I've seen in any tournament use them. If you aren't going to give us stratagems or make them interactable with tides... and if you aren't going to do that, make them bloody cheaper for crying out loud. So stupid sometimes.... I swear GW smoke crack... Increase our psychic powers and D3 weapons... they are so swingy... D6 mortal wounds is so freaking swingy its so stupid.

I was just looking at some stats for some Marines... Calgar is 6"move, T5 and 8wounds. with a str8 -3Ap weapon... his gun is -1ap flat 2 dmg... FOR 20pts more then Draigo..... why is he that good? Draigo is easily just as epic as freakin Calgar...

Why is an Intercessors boltrifle -1Ap and stormbolters aren't? If you aren't going to give us AP, give us more str or more dmg so we can just push more wounds through and make them make saving throws.

What makes it justifiable to give elite troops like aggressors T5? Don't tell me its the armour... the armour gets represented by the armour save and Invul... not the person's bodily toughness.

Edited by Reskin

Dreadnoughts need to be brought inline, and considering its a GK body (or mind) still powering the stupid thing, why cant he as a psyker interact with our tides of the warp GW?!?!? I swear they are idiots sometimes...

NDK's, same thing? there's a psychic Grey Knight in terminator armour on the front of thing, why can't he interact with the tides of the warp?!?!? Although the quantim shielding thought is a great idea... but if anything, I would just rather him be more mobile, 12-14" move like a jump(teleport) infantry and the once per game ability to shunt 30" inches again, or just redeploy like the interceptors. More mobility naturally leads to an increase in survivabilty.

But they can...

5th edition, where psybolt was standard across all our guns. DW get SIA on units without a stratagem being used. Why do we have to spend 2CP for something that isn't that great, but we need to use to bring our :censored: stuff from bad up to mediocre.

SIA usage is reduced only to bolters/bolter part of combi-weapons. It wasn't fair before, but now I am contet with it. Psybolt ammunition in tide of convergence is like 3 out of 4 SIA types sticked together and you actually can use it on stormbolters. The only thing I would change is reduce its price to 1 CP for 5 or less men squads. Just making it universal rule without any actual bonuses could be interesting too, but maybe too good. Just make all our bolt weapons psyweapons, so all our bolters are 5 0 2 in ToC. But, probably, it will make ToC an autochoice. 

I was just looking at some stats for some Marines... Calgar is 6"move, T5 and 8wounds. with a str8 -3Ap weapon... his gun is -1ap flat 2 dmg... FOR 20pts more then Draigo..... why is he that good? Draigo is easily just as epic as freakin Calgar...

Calgar is not a psyker and doesn't have innate deep strike. Draigo is t4, but he reduces AP by 1, which is still a fair traid. +1T on characters is not that decisive. 

Why is an Intercessors boltrifle -1Ap and stormbolters aren't? If you aren't going to give us AP, give us more str or more dmg so we can just push more wounds through and make them make saving throws.

Because boltrifle is a newest cawl toy. Vanilla SB are not -1 AP either. If we did have intercessors, we had boltrifles with -1 AP too.

Don't tell me its the armour... the armour gets represented by the armour save and Invul... 

GW think otherwise. At least, gravis are 3+ sv vs terminators 2+ and doesn't have invuln. Wounds are the same, so TDA > Gravis. I would be displeased if SM terminators had +1T, but we didn't. We don't need primaris toys to be good. 

I was just looking at some stats for some Marines... Calgar is 6"move, T5 and 8wounds. 

What makes it justifiable to give elite troops like aggressors T5? Don't tell me its the armour... the armour gets represented by the armour save and Invul... not the person's bodily toughness.

Calgar was already T5 pre-primaris though.  With all of his limbs cybernetic like Darth Vader, he's more machine than man. I actually think he deserves that Toughness.

Why is it when Tau infantry get promoted to wearing a Stealth Suit they get buffed T3 to T4? Or when they get promoted again to Crisis Suits they get buffed T4 to T5? Aren't the soldiers inside them, just as bodily tough as their non-powered armoured comrades at T3?

There are different ways to construct amour and that means different ways to improve the ability for the soldier inside to survive better. If you want some kind of lore justification for the abstraction of the unit rules, consider that T5 Gravis armour as just another sign of the already suspect Cawl...of reverse-engineering Xenos technology to better mass-produce new

Primaris wargear.  

Calgar also gets damaged halved against him. Lets not forget. And SM bolters interact with their strats and more importantly doctrines... which our bolters dont unless we use 2CP on them

Ok since this is wish listing......

1- Give us the option of Librarian, Brother Captain, and Chaplain in Dreadknight armor

2- Give the Dreadknight a halbred option

3- Fix the Purifers- add deepstrike since they were former strike squad, increasce their points/ PL to be same as inceptors, and fix their psyhic ability

4- Give Deepstrike to all infantry units

5- Give Purgation squads relentless except for turns they deep striked. 

6- I would like the Psyhic pilot rule back but it was kind of OP. 

7- We are an army of Psykers :censored:  the increasing cost on powerrs

8- Allow more than the LR Banisher and thunderhawk from Forgeworld.

The bortherhood champion needs fixing as well, he needs an always strikes first rule. The 5th edition of these guys were beasts, on the turn he charged, the squad he joined could re roll all failed hits. And he could always reroll failed wounds with his anointed blade.

Our psychic powers need buffs, and I'd like it if our entire armies stuffing weapons weren't so swingy.

The idea of the other HQ's in NDK's isn't a bad option as they don't need to make a new sculpt. But again, I question it. Because exapensive vehicles just aren't good this edition.

With harliquins haywire cannons and SM multimelta squads, eradicators? Its just not worth them dying first turn. And its just the GK's NDK that suffers, all vehicles across the board are suffering the power creep of weapons damage because of the increase in SM wounds. That's the reality of the whole situation. You see cheap vehicles as transports doing a lot of work, as they can tie up units in melee and cap objectives and protect your valuable units inside.

The HQ's really need a look at. They need updated psychic rules and stats to honest. And point cost increases/reductions where they see fit.

@Corvus, the only Tide that Vehicles interact with is Shadows. Unless you're cheating mate.

Edited by Reskin

Ok so my wishlist I do not think we need much.

1) marine update eg the extra wound. Dreadnaughts get duty eternal etc.

2) dredknights and gmndk to have full interaction with tides (weird why gw changed there mind)

3) drop in points for falchions back to something sensible. Also maybe a re work of the force weapons so each one is a viable option.

4) I would like the incinerator to be an option maybe a psy weapon re work is needed not a big shift though. One option going back to 3rd ed grey knights. Incinerators ignore invulnerable saves.

5) I feel most of are characters are in a good place. I think giving crowe a 6+ mortal wound would basically fix him. However they guy who has basically always be trash is stern and he was the 1st grey knight character. He shouldnt be a melee monster but at least have a cool rule and not one that is more of a benefit for your opponent than you.

6) dread knights atm why take one when you could take a GMNDK. They need something. Honestly I think gw made a mistake with the gmndk as it ment you never see regular ones.

7) no primaris unless they find a way to include them without destroy the lore.

8) leadership! why do we have the same leadership as all other marines. Especially considering for most of 40k's life span we have been fearless. I could see how fearless would break the game against some armies. However I think +1 leadership for every model and maybe a rule of never any modifiers for combat attrition.

9) not just for use but I think all terminators should have the old relentless rule.

10) though imperial armour is out so not gona happen. A bit more forgeworld access now am not talking leviathans and stuff as I don't think it fits but something storm eagle or fire raptor could be interesting

I'd like a way to take Inquisitors without losing Tides.

If you take 1 you don't lose tides

Purifiers used to be fearless, I think in 6th edition? I have to check the codex. Being all psykers who constantly deal with the most evil and scariest things in the universe. Daemons... why we wouldn't have better leadership is beyond me. 

The NDK used to be auto include, even before the GM upgrade was introduced. Crowe and Stern need major overhauls to stats, and rules.

Stern doesn't benefit from Tide of escalation just like purifiers. Crowe needs mortal wounds on a 4+ or something, or always wounds infantry on a 2+ with a better weapon.

Yeah terminators with the relentless rule would of been good. But they won't give it to us, when 16 other chapters terminators wont get it now. If they didn't put it in the SM codex, its not gonna happen this edition. They are trying to make shooty armies less killy. Or at least balance them somewhat. This is one way of doing it. 

I'm not a 100% fan of primaris but seeing as they are, in fact, a thing, I'd like to see GKs get a version of them. Just two boxes, and maybe a character. Mk X armored primaris Grey Knights and some Gravis armored variant as well (primaris terminators, if you will) that follow the same roles as Strike squads and Terminator squads but primaris. Update Stern to be a multi-role kit as Primaris Brother-Captain and Primaris Stern in Gravis armor. Nemesis weapons stick around and I'd like it if primaris squads didn't get a special gun, like their generic marine cousins, but just the wrist mounted storm bolter that the rest have.

I'd also like a change to the purgation squad. I'd love it if they got their own box and access, in addition to the standard array, to heavier weapons. Even just the heavies that NDKs have, thought that might been too much for scale. Perhaps some kind of imperial D weaponry, directly unsummoning demons straight to the warp.

If it's a wish, for me, I only have one that would actually really matter.

One wish is enough for me...because it is this single one addition to our current rules, that would simultaneously - be the most powerful...AND thematically unique buff for our GKs!  Could you imagine that? Just one change and about 70% of the GKs deficiencies in competitively play would be fixed. Alas, it's also a "wish" because there has not yet been any precedent since the beginning of 8Ed, that GW's rules team has this even as an option for any army thus far. 

Instead of GW needing to spend weeks/months coming up with a whole new set of extra GK WLTs, Relics, Strategams, Psychic powers which may or may not be "playable" to varying levels of degree; start with this one rule change and they don't have to think / be creative half as hard with everything else - just to lift us to the standard of other 9Ed codex / supplements.

Only one "wish" and our GK units could suddenly be: near as tough as Deathwing Knights, near as killy as Bladeguard Veterans, all our mid-long range heavy shooters consistently scary and lethal, our army speed / maneuverability far-reaching, and unpredictable...all with just one rule.

By now, has anyone figured out what my one wish / rule is? I don't actually put any stock in it happening, but in 9Ed, GW surprisingly changed Death Guard's iconic 5+++ after having it for so long...so, who knows?

Edited by Waking Dreamer