Next for becoming Primaris?

TorvaldTheMild

Who would you next like to see become Primaris.

I'd rather wait until hopefully we get Primaris terminators and then see the Primarisised (If we will get Primaris termies that is), soo I'd say Lucas if we are getting Primaris terminators in the future, if not it has to be between Arjac and Njal.  Also I hope GW get rid of Grimnars sled, I don't care about the rules that thing is so stupid, never once used it in a game on general principle.

Old Man Logan and Ulrik are relatively recent plastics so I would say they are out so I guess it comes to Arjac and Njal. They both wear TDA currently and we don't really have Primaris Terminators (although that did not stop Calgar).

Of the two, I would rather see Njal I think as he is more all-round useful. Arjac is cool but a bit niche.

I would like to see a plastic model for Arjac, but I don't think he's gonna step out of his TDA into a suit of Gravis (which is the primaris equivalent of TDA, IMO). I could see Lukas make the transition, however. I mostly want to see all of the finecast models get updated to plastic.

Personally, I’d love to see Egil Iron Wolf return from the grave through some twist of warp space time inconsistency and get Primarisized to give him a new lease on life. It would help give some respectability to GW’s decision to have the Ironwolves keep their name and fighting style, I’m sure it would please most of the people who were so upset when he died, and it would give us a new character model instead of repurposing an old one.

I would like to see a plastic model for Arjac, but I don't think he's gonna step out of his TDA into a suit of Gravis (which is the primaris equivalent of TDA, IMO). I could see Lukas make the transition, however. I mostly want to see all of the finecast models get updated to plastic.

Don't you think it would be odd not having units with a 2+ save though.  I mean SM's are known to have some of the best armour in the game, kinda odd if the best we can have is not as good as mega armour.

It's a fair point. None of the "classic" DA characters have crossed the Rubicon yet so it is not a foregone conclusion. However I think GW knocked it out of the park with the new versions of both Mephiston and Ragnar so I would be stoked to see further characters upgraded. Having said that, Wolves have a good lineup of characters either in plastic (albeit non-primaris) or comparatively recent finecast. Dark Angels and Blood Angels both have a lot of 90s vintage characters crying out for upgrading.

For functionality, Njal, as he is highly useful as our master librarian. Plus he did have a regular model, so they could just Primaris him with that and ignore his terminator version.

For coolness and pride, have to go with Logan. His foot model is so old and small and the sled is, well. Bad looking in my opinion. He doesn’t need to be terminator equivalent either, simply a big BAMF with gravis armor or something.

As an aside, what if GW just released updated, bigger terminator armor? Primaris was supposed to be the squat marine update; why can’t they just update termies with bigger, more proportioned termies, with no need for lore reasons?

Edit: pipe dream is Bjorn in Redemptor armor because he’s awesome and so small now haha

Edited by Crix

I would like to see something wolflordish in Phobos - i am looking at you, Erik!

Arjac should never go without his TDA, even if he ever crossed the rubicon, i just can't imagine him in gravus - he would probably personalize the crap out of the gravus till it looks and works like a gravus-tda-love-child...

Canis and Harold only work with their TW and those TW need to grow a fair bit till they can carry primaris without making it look (even moar) silly (though, maybe one should wear phobos if riding a wolf...)

And i can't imagine Lucas to be ever on the brick that he needs to cross the rubicon like Ragnar did - Lucas would simply trigger his special tool and be done with it / have the last laugh.

Also agree with Lukas and you wouldn't have to screw up the Lore to do it.

Wolves get Primaris Tech but are suspicious of it, this is already in the lore. A few WolfLords/WolfGuard are P****d of with Lukas, as usual, either knock him senseless or drug him, drag him down to Cawl's lackeys and say here's your volunteer, btw he's got this thing in his chest get rid of that while your at it. It could fit in, as I feel most of the upper echelon of the Aett wouldn't be too bothered if he makes it or if a couple of Tech Priests get stasis bombed. Leave him his Claw and Plasma Pistol and there's your new model. 

Could also knock a BL story out of it, Lukas as a new Primaris Sergeant gets a group of starchy Intercessors and slowly converts them to his band of messer's and hotheads makes the rest rue the day they dumped him into the Primaris Lab. 

i think it would be hilarious if the tech priests opened him up, found the stasis bomb, and are forced to deal with it to survive the surgery.

I wish they’d kill off most of the old characters except Bjorn. Make Ragnar Great Wolf, have Arjac become Primaris and take over Logan’s company. They advanced the storyline 200+ years and nothing has changed. It’s dumb.

they've killed 3 wolf lords.

just none of the ones with miniatures. and that's the right way to do it.

Edited by Wispy

I wish they’d kill off most of the old characters except Bjorn. Make Ragnar Great Wolf, have Arjac become Primaris and take over Logan’s company. They advanced the storyline 200+ years and nothing has changed. It’s dumb.

they've killed 3 wolf lords.

just none of the ones with miniatures. and that's the right way to do it.

I second that. Replacing fan favorite characters without a plan, would've bankrupt Marvel Comics at the height of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's popularity, if not for Sugar Daddy Disney's financial support; Games Workshop does NOT have a sugar daddy to support it if the company stupidly alienates its own customers.

AFAIK the new edition of the Indomitus novels retcon the time passed to just 12 years

The whole passage of time from 8th into 9th should be about 110 or so years. The retcon is just to bring the events of the Dark Imperium novel back to 12 years, instead of at the end of the 110 or so years like it was before.