First Impressions with new DW

Trollbeard

Hey guys, I had a couple back to back games today, all socially distant and masked up! Nurgle will have to fight to get me!

I wanted to share some of my thoughts and finding about the new combos and loadouts.

I played Harlequins and Orks. I won both games very convincingly, with my forces obliterating the Orks very easily. I should say I lost the roll off

To go first both games also

Picking which doctrine is active is really good, being able to use tactical turn 1 is quite handy with all our rapid fire weapons. I was able to use devastate doctrine turn 2 once all of his juicier targets were exposed.

The new flamer ranges are so awesome also, and I found I was getting huge use out of Infernus heavy bolters, both with the flamer and bolter shots.

I had a blackshield with dual LC and it’s insane the amount of damage he can do. I had a

Regular veteran squad with a Sargent w/

Combi-flamer/LC and blackshield with dual LC

And then 2 more combo-flamer/SS vets, along with 2 Infernus heavy bolter vets, they did a ton of work, all the flamers were huge for overwatch and just horde clearin.

I also used a Xeno Slash captain as well, with all the fixings, he does work.

I’m probably forgetting something, but overall I was impressed with the power of DW. The adaptive tactics stratagem is so powerful and thematic also. For 2CP you can basically affect any unit how you need to get the most mileage out of it.

What are some nifty/awesome combos you guys have found?

I do like infernus HBs but not totally sold on them yet. I've had good luck using hvy bolters and combi flamers. Which 1 each is the points of the infernus. I can combat squad them to keep the hvy bolters back and deepstrike the combi flamers. I had previously written off frag cannons but they have been throwing down for me recently