My 9th ED "going back to 40k" List 2000p

BloodTzar

Hello brothers,

It has been some time I did got my hands on 40k, hopefully I have more time (while being back home for extended time).

I would like to go back to 9th ed with following list;

2K points (12C-2 relic-3 FW) 7CP -1CP so total 6 CP (for 2nd WLT not yet in BS)

**Chapter Selection**: Blood Angels

Detachment CP [-3CP]

+ Stratagems +

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Captain : Jump Pack, Storm shield, The Shield Eternal, Thunder hammer

Sanguinary Priest : Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Jump Pack, Teeth of Terra

The Sanguinor

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad : Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad : Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant

Tactical Squad
. 3x Space Marine: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Ancient : Angelus boltgun, Icon of The Angel, Power fist

Sanguinary Guard 
. Sanguinary Guard: Encarmine sword, Inferno pistol
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist

Sanguinary Guard 
. Sanguinary Guard: Encarmine sword, Inferno pistol
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

+ Heavy Support +

Sicaran Battle Tank : Heavy bolter, Two Lascanons

Sicaran Battle Tank : Heavy bolter, Two Lascanons

+ Flyer +

Xiphon Interceptor

Created with BattleScribe

Opinions ?

Thank you in advance

~BT

Have the 1st game with this list to my name, although it was by the non-codex rules, since I have got my copy just few days ago.

Did have won against Harlequins, was a bloody game, at the end all I was left with were 4 intercessors, 2 Sicarans and the firstborn squad. However, we have both cheated since it was our 1st 9ed game. My opponent, unknowingly allowed me to DS 1st turn in matched game, we both couldn’t find the reasoning why not. However now I know its against the MATCHED rules (like 8th ED was).

Therefore, I still wonder how the list can perform under MATCHED rules . On the other hand, I was greatly surprised how good SG are, how scary Sang Priest can be, lastly how much worse the captain got. The FW toys,Sicarans and Xiphon, they are broken, 14" on Sicarans with no HEAVY penalty is sick. Xipohon if left un-noticed, can wreak havoc . Each of them could get 1 vehicle and squad down per turn. Well spent 3 CP.

Think Captain needs to become DC to get all the flashy stratagems, perhaps drop the tactical squad in favor the intercessor. Since the firstborn squad just sit back field and did 1shot per turn.

~BT

Edited by BloodTzar

Since Captains cannot reoll their own 1s anymore, I am switching mine to a Relic Blade as it is cheaper and more accurate.

The Sanguinary Priest is great but a bit squishy. If you can spare another CP, give him a second Warlord Trait "Artisan of War" and use it to get him a set of Artificer Armour. The 2+/5++ save help to make him a bit more durable.

You are correct that you cannot Deep Strike on T1. What you may find better is to deploy the Sanguinary Guard on the table and give the Ancient the "Wrath of Ball" relic instead. This gives them an extra +2" move which will help them get close to the enemy faster.

Looks like a good list.

Sanguinary guard getting the +1 near the warlord, and the re-roll 1 if near the captain seems very good. I'd be inclined to add more powerfists if they're going to be together. 

The sicarans seem like really great fast moving fire support at a reasonable cost. I'm not familiar with the new forgeworld index. Does it cost CP to add one or two to a detachment?

I would have thought harlequins would be tough match up--in particular Fusion pistols would scare my sanguinary guard a lot. Though sicarans seem to be a decent answer to star weavers.

Do you worry about numbers/bodies in your army?