1st SW army (based on models I have) 2k list

BloodTzar

Hello brothers,

have been some time I have touched 40k, yet bought a SW army and cut off some of my back-log, here is 1st draft of my army

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [98 PL, 9CP, 1,994pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Space Wolves

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Deeds and Sagas [Reference]

Detachment CP

+ Stratagems +

Relics of the Chapter [-2CP]: 2x Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Captain : Astartes Chainsword, Storm shield, Teeth of Terra

Librarian [: 3. Tempest's Wrath, 5. Storm Caller, Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack, The Armour of Russ

Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf : Chapter Command:  Chapter Master, Storm shield, Stratagem: Warrior of Legend, The Wulfen Stone, Thunder hammer, Warlord

+ Troops +

Grey Hunters
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power fist
. 3x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt pistol, Plasma gun

Intercessor Squad : Stalker Bolt Rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

Intercessor Squad : Stalker Bolt Rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Company Ancient [4 PL, 75pts]: Boltgun

Company Veterans
. Space Marine Veteran: Power axe, Storm shield
. Space Marine Veteran: Power axe, Storm shield
. Veteran Sergeant: Power fist, Storm shield

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Wulfen Dreadnought
. Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield
. . Blizzard Shield: Blizzard shield

+ Fast Attack +

Thunderwolf Cavalry
. Thunderwolf Cavalry: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Thunderwolf Cavalry: Power fist, Storm shield
. Thunderwolf Cavalry: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol
. Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader: Power axe, Storm shield

+ Heavy Support +

Long Fangs : Armorium Cherub
. Long Fang: Plasma cannon
. Long Fang Pack Leader: Astartes Chainsword
. . Boltgun and Bolt Pistol
. Wolf Guard Terminator Pack Leader: Cyclone missile launcher, Lightning Claw, Storm shield

Long Fangs
. Long Fang: Multi-melta
. Long Fang Pack Leader: Astartes Chainsword
. . Boltgun and Bolt Pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Drop Pod : Storm bolter

++ Total: [98 PL, 9CP, 1,994pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Question is if I should not replace wulffen dread, minust one thunder puppy for 2nd redemptor ? Ideas?

Idea is simple drop MM long fangs with the banner and sacrificial capt with the bodyguards while the rest advances or shoots.

Thank you
~BT

Looks pretty solid. Just a few minor suggestions.

I know the Captain is sacrificial but he might be better buffing the plasma Fangs since they no longer natively reoll 1s to Hit. Putting them near a Dread with "Wisdom of the Ancients" will have the same effect as long as your CPs hold out.

I would say the MM Fangs actually have greater need of the Cherub (and possibly an extra dude with MM). They are going to be dropped in close to the enemy so their first volley is vital. Your squad will get 8 shots at BS3+ (assuming you pop Keen Senses on them). With 5 guns and a Cherub, their opening volley will be 12 shots (with 4 of them at BS2+). This means they are a lot more likely to get their job done.

I would also make the TWC pack leader one with a Hammer since you may as well get the extra attack with your most expensive weapon.

Thank you very much Karhedon!

Great catch being new to SW, missed the 5man LF potential,  will try to get them to 5 guns, however that means they might not all fit into the DP. Maybe marching them cross field might be a way to, while using a flag for 4+ shoot if they die. 

On the other hand, the Thunder Cav leader should have TH/SS. That's my mistake in getting it into BS.

In regards to captain, while coming from BA game play, I am  used to  having way too many distractions for enemies in their lines, therefore, that was the idea behind CAPT. Further, I was hopping that wisdom of ancient will be enough  from the redemptor. 

Lastly, I am trying to use my models, while getting as optimal as I can while keeping it fluffy to some extent. 

Still have leviathan , santa Lord (the char on grav chariot), 10 wulffen (2 squads) laying around.

Thank you for help

~BT

Edited by BloodTzar

You could always choose to drop the Company Veterans squad down to 2 men. If they are dropping with the Fangs then the chances are that your opponent will throw something big at the lot of them so their survival time will not be great either way. I think the extra Fang will be better as it makes it more likely they will kill their target which in turn means they are more likely to survive. The Cherub is now just a marker and does not actually take up space in the Pod.

Another thought if you want to shave a few points off is to replace the Pod Captain with a Lt. A bit less punchy and durable but rerolling 1s to Wound is statistically same as 1s to Hit. So if you just want him for the buffs you could save yourself a whole 15 points. ;) That in turn means you don't have to pay for the Chapter Master upgrade on your TWC Lord (although given the squad he is buffing I can see full rerolls on those TWC being very effective).