Disgustingly Resilient change.

Trollbeard

Hey guys, so disgustingly resilient is now changed to a -1 damage instead of a 5+++. Do you think Nurgle demons will get this same rule ported over?

It seems decent for all our multi wound units, but we have seen no change for what poxwalkers get to replace this. So I don’t know how it would affect Plaguebearers.

What are your guy’s thought on this?

For now, until we get a new codex we likely won't see a change. DG Disgustingly Resilient will simply be a different rule to Daemon Disgustingly Resilient.

When we get a new codex, I suspect - and hope - that GW does a full rewrite for Daemons. I could see Plaguebearers going up to 2W and using the new DR rule, for example.

Indeed, there's nothing stopping a change in the rule so it is anyone's guess as to what will happen. As much as they have many cross overs GW can easily separate them if they wish, for what it's worth there does seem to be movement in the separation direction but as always we'll need to wait and see.

I think that the change is in no small part due to the additional wound, so unless Plaguebearers get it too I can see a divergence here to reflect this distinction. One thing we know is that Daemons need something serious to give them some boosts but fortunately it seems GW is willing to make significant changes from what we've seen. Unfortunately I don't think Daemons will be soon in this regard as one of GW's less favoured armies and one that surely needs more work to bring up to speed but we live in hope :tongue.:

The only thing that worries my, is that I like mixed armies; a detachment of daemons, a detachment of CSM. From the preview of the Contagions ability, the death guard will no longer be able to soup with nurgle daemons without losing a major buff.

I imagine that changes to core etc may also herald an end to cross codex buffs (no more herald buffing mutilators/warp talons strength or letting them get a locus for rerolling charges etc)

I would have preferred the Contagions ability to say that: As long as every model in your army has the mark of nurgle then all heretic astartes death guards have this ability.

I can’t see plaguebearers getting two wounds. A 30 man squad would have 60 wounds, and if they ported the -1 damage from DR to them it would be rather obscene I think. And I love me my plaguebearers! Or if they did get 2 wounds the points would probably go way up.

I’m very curious to see what Poxwalkers will get because DR was their only “save” and it could give us an idea of what plaguebearers might get.