Shaezus' 3rd Company 9th Ed reports - game vs new DG

Shaezus

How would you see an Assassin instead of Eliminators? Eversor or Culexus is always nice.

Against DG the Callidus would be nice to make them burn CP. Eversor won’t do much against plague marines statline, let alone terminators. Culexus could be useful to make something fight last and make psychic tests harder, but you can use a Judiciar with Reliquary of Gathalamor to do it better and cheaper. Vindicare is borderline useless against DG, I doubt there’s any character in the army he can kill in less than three turns.

I was thinking about Callidus as well, but her ability to increase CP cost works only during 1st battleround. Not really sure how many strats DG wants to use at that time. 
Eversor dishes out a ton of D1 (so not affected by Disgustingly Resiliant) attacks wounding DG marines on 4s plus distributes MWs upon his death. 
Culexus has one big advantage over Judiciar - he has forward deployment equivalent, so can affect DG earlier. He's also more resilient. 

Totally agree on the Vindicare though.
And Reliquary is a good call too.

Edited by Majkhel

Maybe try double grav flux leviathan or invictors ? Or crazy idea assault centurions could help.

If you can't fight them just try shoot them we are still marines after all.

Not that crazy as first-look. Most DG only put two things in backfield, poxwalkers and PBC(s). Outflank 3 guys, they could easily wipe the poxwalkers, and if you make the charge, touch a PBC, they could easily earn their cost back. Dmg3 drill still have dmg2 after -1dmg, which is much better than normal fists. Once lost the PBC, DG has no way to deal with this unit, unless move their best melee unit backwards from midfield.

So the only question is: could you make the successful charge rolls?

I was thinking about Callidus as well, but her ability to increase CP cost works only during 1st battleround. Not really sure how many strats DG wants to use at that time.

Eversor dishes out a ton of D1 (so not affected by Disgustingly Resiliant) attacks wounding DG marines on 4s plus distributes MWs upon his death.

Culexus has one big advantage over Judiciar - he has forward deployment equivalent, so can affect DG earlier. He's also more resilient.

Totally agree on the Vindicare though.

And Reliquary is a good call too.

The callidus is definitely getting some consideration.

Bearing in mind the specific purpose here is to take out a protected and most likely screened blightspawn, before its no - charge and fight last can be used. Much would hinge on the D6+3 and a savvy opponent will know who the intended target is and go extra on the screens, even using other characters to block charges.

There's a fair chance of at least tying up the blightspawn after consolidating. A jump pack character might stand a better chance of getting in range in the first place though.

Maybe try double grav flux leviathan or invictors ? Or crazy idea assault centurions could help.

If you can't fight them just try shoot them we are still marines after all.

Not that crazy as first-look. Most DG only put two things in backfield, poxwalkers and PBC(s). Outflank 3 guys, they could easily wipe the poxwalkers, and if you make the charge, touch a PBC, they could easily earn their cost back. Dmg3 drill still have dmg2 after -1dmg, which is much better than normal fists. Once lost the PBC, DG has no way to deal with this unit, unless move their best melee unit backwards from midfield.

So the only question is: could you make the successful charge rolls?

It's not a bad idea at all. I wouldn't rely on it without a chaplain arriving alongside and using the 2CP strat for +2 to charge. The real downside is you'd have to wait until turn 3 to deploy in his DZ. By this time the PBC would have had two turns to use its brutal firepower and the opponent would just move away from charge range.

A 5 man DC with hammers, using death to the traitors for 1CP, will take down a PBC in one round. If the opponent screens against them, he's drawing obsec poxies away from the midfield.

It is something to think about though for sure

Here's what I'm looking at so far

Blood Angels Battalion 2000 points

7 CP

Captain. Chapter master. combimelta. Astartes chainsword. Jump pack. Rites of war. Soul warden. Visage of death. 155

Librarian dreadnought. Meltagun. Gift of foresight. Wings of sanguinius. Quickening. 155

Librarian. Chief librarian. Combi melta. Jump pack. Psychic mastery. Tome of malcador. Might of heroes. Null zone. Unleash rage. 150

Infiltrators. Helix 130

Infiltrators. Helix 130

Infiltrators. Helix 130

Chapter champion. Blade of triumph. 70

5 x death company. Bolt pistols. Thunder hammers. Jump packs. 200

5 x bladeguard veterans 175

3 x plasma inceptors 165

3 x ATV multimelta 255

3 x eradicators. 1 x Multimelta 2 x heavy melta rifle 155

Whirlwind. 125

I think those Bladeguard will struggle too much against DG. Their weapons lose half their killing power, they lose all their charge bonuses near a FBS and their durability will be compromised as they will be down to T3 in melee.

I think another squad of Plasmaceptors will work better for you as each one will kill roughly a DG in every round of shooting. If your opponent takes squads of 6 or more their killing power goes up by 50%.

Point for point, Plasmaceptors will actually kill just as many Poxwalkers as BGVs as long as there are 6+ in the target unit and they can do it from 18" away.

True they don't have the durability of BGVs but being further from the enemy is a form of protection. And their mobility helps them snag objectives whilst their range means that they can harm enemies on one objective while they hold another.

Maybe change blade guard for van vets with LC's and SS's. They could be good at removing about everything form DG's roster with reroll wound rolls.
Vs DG I'm thinking of bringing some cheap DC squad and 2 squads of 3 bikers with chainswords and LC on sgt to try to block move them and delay their scoring. 
For reliable charge for assault cents i think chaplain with icon could be viable and if something nasty charges them you could sacrifice him with strat.

Point for point, Plasmaceptors will actually kill just as many Poxwalkers as BGVs as long as there are 6+ in the target unit and they can do it from 18" away.

True they don't have the durability of BGVs but being further from the enemy is a form of protection. And their mobility helps them snag objectives whilst their range means that they can harm enemies on one objective while they hold another.

I like the idea.

Anything on a midfield objective is going to be hit T1 by drones (if BA go first) and T2 by poxies. Infiltrators survive the drone assault, fall back and let melta deal with the drone. Inceptors move up meanwhile and shoot up poxies on that flank.

Big advantage indeed because poxies with MW on 6s is another silly thing from the new DG dex.

I only have 3 inceptors and they've been out of stock for a while. I could maybe borrow some for a tournament but until then I think I'll proxy a second squad and try this out.

Great suggestion!