+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VII +

Dosjetka

Looks like a decent start. If I may, perhaps next time you could remove the plastic connectors between the model pieces and the sprue? Takes just an extra minute or so but it looks a lot better once it's done. :smile.:

Failing to sand off everything or remove mold lines is a perennial bad habit of mine.

Minor update with one model, as mentioned progress is slow thanks to my broken arm.

nocLYVn.jpg

There was a belated realization that this dude has the wrong right arm on him, but worse case scenario I can probably just grab a spare arm from the Reiver kit if I don't like how it works swapping arms around with the other models.

Ooh. I've missed this. I think I'll get involved at some point. My plan for 2021 is to focus on Primaris marines. Shadowspear as a raven guard successor and some indomitus as 3rd company imperial fists. I may vow a couple of squads.

I, Dangerman, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, Sigsmund and the Black Templars to complete 10x Incursors, 10x Assault Intercessors, 9x Intercessors, 1x 'special' Judiciar, and 1x  <+++REDACTED+++> Primaris Chaplain models by 14th March 2021.

For Dorn, Terra and the one true God Emperor!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

*snip*

Nice! Welcome to the Expansion, Dangerman. :tu:

I, Brother Carpenter, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, Sigismund and the Black templars to complete one siege dreadnougt with hurricane bolters and Seismic Hammer by 14th March M2 021.

Constructon had started in M2 017, but completion was delayed due to unexpected warpstorm activity.

For Dorn, Sigismund, Terra, and the Emperor!

I've always had a soft spot for the old "box" Dreadnoughts, looking forward to seeing yours. Oh, and welcome to the Expansion, Brother Carpenter! :tu: I'll just need a pic of the model in its current state and you'll be good to go. :)

Looks like a decent start. If I may, perhaps next time you could remove the plastic connectors between the model pieces and the sprue? Takes just an extra minute or so but it looks a lot better once it's done. :smile.:

Failing to sand off everything or remove mold lines is a perennial bad habit of mine.

Minor update with one model, as mentioned progress is slow thanks to my broken arm.

*snip*

There was a belated realization that this dude has the wrong right arm on him, but worse case scenario I can probably just grab a spare arm from the Reiver kit if I don't like how it works swapping arms around with the other models.

It's not a major issue, just something I thought I'd mention. :)

Also, ouch! I hope your arm mends quickly!

Ooh. I've missed this. I think I'll get involved at some point. My plan for 2021 is to focus on Primaris marines. Shadowspear as a raven guard successor and some indomitus as 3rd company imperial fists. I may vow a couple of squads.

You're welcome to join us, Dwango. :)

Vow 1 completed

*snip*

Congratulations! Job well done. :tu:

Now, where's vow #2? ;)

In the name of the Emperor and the Primarch, and by the light of blessed Sol, I, Brother Ezra, vow to complete one Reiver for the Imperial Fists by the 14th of March, 2021.

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and that of Him on Earth!

Pre-priming pic:

med_gallery_205358_16824_319.jpg

Current state:

med_gallery_205358_16824_1088836.jpg

I figured that the best way to start the new year would be to finally get some more paint on my Imperial Fists, so I started work on my 4th Reiver-to-upscaled-Scout conversion, Brother Mikael of Squad "2". The squad's fifth member is still in the building stage, but maybe I'll be able to vow him later on... but let's see if I can get this one finished first!

Oh great scout brother Ezra, inspired modelling.

Good to see a proper fist event and all the awesome going on. I've been slowly modelling up my next imp fist batch, it's likely too ambitious and lead to failure, but I'll take what progress I can before that all the same!

I, brother tycho, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the (imperial fists) to complete (55x intercessors) by 14th March 2021.
For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!
med_gallery_80881_12688_92900.jpg

Has been a long time coming but I, Brother Argent, vow to paint a Redemptor Dreadnought in the colours of the Star Leopards, a Chapter of the 13th Founding that claims the geneseed of Dorn... or it could be Vulkan... No, definitely Dorn. We are stubborn like that...

gallery_36568_16061_24043.jpg

@Dosjetka: That acceptable mate?

Small WIP update to my vow. Finished the Judicar conversion into an Emperors Champion. First time doing edge highlights GW style. I'm probably going to hit them with a black wash to dull them a bit. Carried over the crown leaf and some small details from the old single handed Emperors Champion, see if you can spot them.

gallery_46568_16818_155729.jpg gallery_46568_16818_4694.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_42225.jpg

Edited by Dangerman

? I included a starting pic in my vow thread.

It didn't show up?

Edit:

Starting pic

For whatever reason, your pictures don't appear when I quote your posts so I missed it the first time around despite the fact that it was there! All sorted now, thank you. :)

In the name of the Emperor and the Primarch, and by the light of blessed Sol, I, Brother Ezra, vow to complete one Reiver for the Imperial Fists by the 14th of March, 2021. 

Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and that of Him on Earth!

Pre-priming pic:

*snip*

Current state:

*snip*

I figured that the best way to start the new year would be to finally get some more paint on my Imperial Fists, so I started work on my 4th Reiver-to-upscaled-Scout conversion, Brother Mikael of Squad "2". The squad's fifth member is still in the building stage, but maybe I'll be able to vow him later on... but let's see if I can get this one finished first! 

Welcome to the Expansion, Ezra! That's one beefy Scout; good work so far. :tu:

Oh great scout brother Ezra, inspired modelling.

Good to see a proper fist event and all the awesome going on.  I've been slowly modelling up my next imp fist batch, it's likely too ambitious and lead to failure, but I'll take what progress I can before that all the same!

I, brother tycho, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the (imperial fists) to complete (55x intercessors) by 14th March 2021.

*snip*

Madman! :P

Nice to see you again, tycho, been a while! Welcome to the Expansion; I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)

Has been a long time coming but I, Brother Argent, vow to paint a Redemptor Dreadnought in the colours of the Star Leopards, a Chapter of the 13th Founding that claims the geneseed of Dorn... or it could be Vulkan...  No, definitely Dorn.  We are stubborn like that...

*snip*

@Dosjetka: That acceptable mate?

That's fine, mate. :) Welcome to the Expansion, Argent!

Small WIP update to my vow. Finished the Judicar conversion into an Emperors Champion. First time doing edge highlights GW style. I'm probably going to hit them with a black wash to dull them a bit. Carried over the crown leaf and some small details from the old single handed Emperors Champion, see if you can spot them.

*snip*

That's a good result for a first try at edge highlighting! Nicely done, Dangerman. :D

So I got my vow done faster then I thought (picture pending). I have another project on the deck currently but after it I'm up for adding to my vow here.

I have a Crimson Fist firstborn librarian currently. If you could pick a 1K force (single detachment) for him to lead what would be in it that would scream CF just on unit selection? I have a lot of marines that need paint so drop me some suggestions and I'll see what is in the armoury.

@ Focslain Some CF firstborn veterans? With Orc hunter trophies?

A Librarian leading a single five-man squad of Terminators and then two (or more) squads of Sternguard Veterans with Ork trophies as you suggest would be fitting!

I love a good Dosjetka painting event, been a few years since I took part in one!

Is it too late to vow? My DIY Chapter The Hounds Imperialis are of Dorns lineage!

Nice to see you in these parts! You can vow all the way up until the final minute of the event so feel free to jump in, Jay. :)

A Librarian leading a single five-man squad of Terminators and then two (or more) squads of Sternguard Veterans with Ork trophies as you suggest would be fitting!

I know I have some old school terminators sitting some where in my pile since I got a bunch for an ogryn conversion. The sternguard are going to be a question as I have to see what I have in firstborn. I'm sure I have the parts for at least a squad.

I love a good Dosjetka painting event, been a few years since I took part in one!

Is it too late to vow? My DIY Chapter The Hounds Imperialis are of Dorns lineage!

Nice to see you in these parts! You can vow all the way up until the final minute of the event so feel free to jump in, Jay. :smile.:

Thank you! Well then, if that is the case...

I, Centurion Jay, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and The Hounds Imperialis to complete Brother-Captain Jaht and Three Bladeguard Veterans by 14th March 2021.

LA4iPPt.jpg

lHN4aNS.jpg

I, Prim, do hereby vow in the name of the Primarch, Rogal Dorn, and the VIIth Legion Astartes to complete 2 Imperial Fists Legionaries by March 14th, 2021.

For Dorn, Terra and the Emperor.

*snip*

Welcome to the Expansion, Prim! Looking forward to seeing those two Marines painted. :tu:

Nice to see you in these parts! You can vow all the way up until the final minute of the event so feel free to jump in, Jay. :smile.:

Thank you! Well then, if that is the case...

I, Centurion Jay, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and The Hounds Imperialis to complete Brother-Captain Jaht and Three Bladeguard Veterans by 14th March 2021.

*snip*

I'm not really one for Primaris but those Bladeguard Veterans look fantastic. :tu:

Welcome to the Expansion, Jay! Happy to have you. :)

A global WIP showing progress on the vow. Missing are a helix adept whose head I cannot find and will probably replace with a regular primaris helmet (or bareheaded eliminator); an infiltrator missing the arm I put on the sergeant, and the third devastator (primed, not yet painted). 

The models currently on display are lacking some lens work (wanting to try the technical paints still in warp with assault intercessors), chapter decals, and basing (which I hate doing even if its just slapping some astrogranite on the base).

xqUgFwb.jpg

Still not allowed to move my left elbow, but that'll hopefully change tomorrow. Latest models done with Food Wars in the background which makes me wish I could be cooking right now and definitely shouldn't be watched around kids.

I'm iffy but optimistic about completing my vow; this arm definitely isn't helping matters at all (and is totally getting all the blame if I fail), but even if I fail, I'll have had fun clearing out my backlog of models.