+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VII +

Dosjetka

Found this chap willing to smack some Xenos around in my pile of shame potential. Someone give me an IF successor chapter real quick!

KFaZQsy.jpg

Excoriators

Alright!

I, TPS, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Deathwatch to paint a Terminator seconded from the Excoriators Chapter, by the 14th of March. Suffer not the Alien to live!

I, Dwango, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete 1 3rd company Intersessor by the 14th March 2021.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

med_gallery_141590_15861_423892.jpg

This will be my test model for a larger force and, all being well, will lead to further vows.

Sneaky Sons of Dorn ready to sapp enemy fortifications!

*snip*

They look great, Jeremy! Keep up the good work. :)

Found this chap willing to smack some Xenos around in my pile of shame potential. Someone give me an IF successor chapter real quick!

*snip*

Excoriators

Alright!

I, TPS, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Deathwatch to paint a Terminator seconded from the Excoriators Chapter, by the 14th of March. Suffer not the Alien to live!

I was far, far too slow to suggest a Chapter name but I approve of Jeremy's choice. Welcome to the Expansion, TPS! :tu:

I, Dwango, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete 1 3rd company Intersessor by the 14th March 2021.

*snip*

This will be my test model for a larger force and, all being well, will lead to further vows.

And welcome to you, too, Dwango! Looking forward to seeing your test model completed and your subsequent vows. :)

Praise Dorn, I finally got the shipping notification for those Assault Intercessors. I also got the staples out of my arm, so today was a good day.

Though I do have to say, it seems like no two people have the same color scheme on the Executioners with a fairly wide range.

CQaf6WW.jpg

Dreadnought is dreadnoughting along.

AHprs9V.jpg

Reiver Sarge; 4 other reivers currently having their priming dry.

I did finally find the missing head; I'll probably toss it on one of the Assault Centurions.

I, Mike Zulu, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, the Black Templars and the Crimson Fists, to complete 2 Deathwatch Veterans by 14th March 2021.

50879849318_4839b13a3c_z.jpg

Left: Deathwatch Veteran Gunner (Crimson Fist); Right: Deathwatch Sergeant (Black Templar)

Edited by Mike Zulu

andes: looking forward to your next offering
dosjetak: how's your vow coming along?
jeremy1391: aahw nice black yellow scheme, gotta try that one day
lionofjudah: ere we go - nice vow

so update, still grinding through the basic yellow over here, dahm im slow. love that the event is pushing me along a bit though, in seeing everyone's content. so without progress to share yet, here's an offering of the last few fists from my hobby bench instead
med_gallery_80881_12688_236987.jpgmed_gallery_80881_12688_503541.jpgmed_gallery_80881_12688_604584.jpg

I, Mike Zulu, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, the Black Templars and the Crimson Fists, to complete 2 Deathwatch Veterans by 14th March 2021.

*snip*

Welcome to the Expansion, Mike Zulu! One's a Crimson Fist and the other...?

*snip*

Finally, here's my prepatory short for the event... Since posting this is the first time I've arranged the whole crew at once I see all the trim work to be done.

Cheers

Damn. That's a lot of models to paint! And your yellow looks great as per usual.

Good luck, mate! :thumbsup:

andes: looking forward to your next offering
dosjetak: how's your vow coming along?
jeremy1391: aahw nice black yellow scheme, gotta try that one day
lionofjudah: ere we go - nice vow

so update, still grinding through the basic yellow over here, dahm im slow.  love that the event is pushing me along a bit though, in seeing everyone's content.  so without progress to share yet, here's an offering of the last few fists from my hobby bench instead

*snip*

You shouldn't ask about my vow... :ph34r.:

Jokes aside, I haven't made any progress but intend to start next week as I'm on holiday and should be able to clear up some time then. :smile.:

And yes, you're slow, but I'll be damned if your models aren't some of the best Imperial Fists I've seen since joining this forum almost 12 years ago. Keep it up, mate. You're doing a fantastic job. :thumbsup:

*snip*

Welcome to the Expansion, Mike Zulu! One's a Crimson Fist and the other...?

One is a Crimson Fist, the other is a Black Templar.

Had some minor surgery on my leg, therefore chilling and painting seems like the perfect pastime. Here is the Excoriator all done, as jeremy1391 suggested.

RZ6bm3n.jpg

He turned out awesome!

Had some minor surgery on my leg, therefore chilling and painting seems like the perfect pastime. Here is the Excoriator all done, as jeremy1391 suggested.

*snip*

Congratulations on completing your vow, TPS! I hope your recovery goes swiftly, too. :thumbsup:

First test mini done. It was god awful so here's a new one. The pic looks more orange than it actually is and the highlights aren't showing as much. May be better in a light box. Anyways.... need to shade then the rest of the detals to go.

*snip*

Without having any frame of reference by which to compare your first and second test models, all I can say is that the second one looks like a solid start and I look forward to it being fully painted. :smile.:

Test model done. Not overly sure about the Chipping but hopefully that will improve over time. I'll be basing the entire force together.

gallery_141590_16880_461521.jpg

gallery_141590_16880_259365.jpg

I, Dwango, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete 9 3rd company Assault Intersessors by the 14th March 2021.

med_gallery_141590_15861_74541.jpg

So i only just noticed this or i would have vowed sooner, but better late than never. Anyway:

I, Spinitron, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperail Fists to complete: two 10 man Breacher squads, a 5 man Terminator squad, a box Dreadnought, a apothecary, a Delagtus, and a Champion by 14th March 2021.

gallery_33945_4970_79598.jpg

Edited by spinitron