+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VII +

Dosjetka

An up date to my vow. I have finished the Assault Intercessors. Really enjoyed the dynamic poses GW has come up with for these models, and they definitely fit the Templar mould. All I could hear was Mick Gordon's Rip and Tear from Doom while painting these. The Sgt. does have sword brethren pauldrons, which is not totally lore accurate (usually a separate veteran unit), but in this crusade they're dispersing the veterans amongst the Initiates to inspire and pass on their elite skills.

gallery_46568_16818_81659.jpeg

gallery_46568_16818_57265.jpeg

I, andes, vow this Oath of Moment in the name of The Emperor of Mankind's most loyal son, The Vigilant, The Praetorian of Terra, The Unyielding Rogal Dorn and the entirety of The Imperial Fists Chapter. I will complete an unfinished Bladeguard Ancient, an Indomitus Primaris Lieutentant, an Indomitus Primaris Captain, a unit of 5 Assault Intercessors, and a McFarlane Intercessor by March 14th, 2021. 

Brothers, with this posting of pictures of the final model and the batch, I declare this vow complete!

4MERmsUl.jpg

vwTD7fql.jpg

7hD3yLtl.jpg

Edited by andes

Bit hard to fit everything in with my iPhone, but a global overview (minus dreadnought which is hiding elsewhere):

J2H0pOV.jpg

I'll be doing a closeups album once I've finished with the vow. I'm not 100% thrilled with how the Executioners wound up turning out, the blue wound up being a lot darker than I was originally intending. It probably would've been better with an airbrush but I don't have one, so a bit too much by regular brush it is.  Though I can always just claim that they're in night world camo or something if I really care that much. I did do them as a veteran assault intercessor squad because I liked the bronze/copper look better than just plain silvered steel for backpacks and faces.

Currently working on my Gladiator, which I decided to build as a Lancer.

MbGdoZc.jpg

One of these days I will put the obstructing parts on last after painting, but clearly today was not that day. Playing around with a makeup brush and trying to kinda sorta not really drybrush the base coat on there for the most part. I'm exceptionally tempted to do that with Yriel Yellow when it comes time to that because oh my lord is that paint a pain.

Once the tank is done, I've only got the three assault centurions before I consider things substantially finished, with basing and chapter symbols as the last bits. At this point I'm pretty sure I'll make it by the deadline, but if not, it'll be close. Happily, I'm also cleared to return to work again soon.

Dangerman: Update is looking good! You're getting closer to the finish line with every completed model. :tu:

andes: Congrats on completing your vow! That yellow is mwah *chef's kiss*! And it looks like you're back for a second helping, too! ;) Good luck!

Osteoclast: Inching ever closer to the finish line, too! How's your arm?

Metzombie: 3rd vow? Madness! :teehee:

Custom Hero: There's still time to complete your vow so I hope you'll get some respite from work in order to do so (though no worries if you don't, real life comes first!). :)

I, andes, vow this second oath. I will complete an Invictor Tactical Warsuit by March 14th, 2021. 

This was the last model in my Imperial Fist backlog, so not only is my vow complete my entire lockdown army is done.

vQuJ5A3l.jpg

I can do that :smile.:

M2Lu2HTh.jpg

What I like most about this army is that even the most zealous sons of Dorn can fully appreciate it thanks to the fortunate lack of blue... :wink:

It's a really inspiring sight, have you shared your yellow recipe somewhere on here before? I've been considering painting some fists of late but my previous attempts at painting yellow have made me reluctant to give them a go...

I, Indefragable, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the VII Legion, Legiones Astartes to complete a single MkIV Heavy Bolter marine  by 14th March 2021.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

*Note: I have Breachers on order that are unlikely to arrive anywhere near in time to the end date, so I plan to honor the spirit of the event on my own whenever they actually show up. That being said, I want to contribute a single model to officially stamp my participation and also test out the precise yellow-by-hand scheme I am doing.

​Pics of the model with zenith priming:

Hidden Content

Test HB 1

Test HB 2

Test HB 3

It's a really inspiring sight, have you shared your yellow recipe somewhere on here before? I've been considering painting some fists of late but my previous attempts at painting yellow have made me reluctant to give them a go...

Thanks! The recipe is Colin Ward's (legalizedmischief on Instagram and Patreon). The midtone is Vallejo Yellow Ochre, the shade is Vallejo Burned Flesh, and the highlight is Vallejo Gold Yellow. Edge highlights are the Gold Yellow mixed with Vallejo Ice Yellow. Colin has a great series of tutorials on his Patreon, if that's how you roll.

Love seeing how everybody else has been doing. I can report that the bases are done, main colours are finished, and the models are sealed. Now its time for oils and powders before the finishing touches. Should be on track to finish on time..

gallery_33945_4970_791299.jpg

Love seeing how everybody else has been doing. I can report that the bases are done, main colours are finished, and the models are sealed. Now its time for oils and powders before the finishing touches. Should be on track to finish on time..

gallery_33945_4970_791299.jpg

Fantastic looking fists! Where did you get the studded terminator shoulder pads?

Fantastic looking fists! Where did you get the studded terminator shoulder pads.

Thank you! The pads are from Pop goes the Monkey, I’ve also got shields form them as well for the terminators. Once they are finished I will post up completed images of the whole models. Here’s a teaser of one of them a few weeks ago, where you can see a bit more of the pads.

gallery_33945_4970_109878.jpeg

The 9 plus the original assault Intersessor done. First time properly attempting a face.

gallery_141590_16880_342259.jpg

Going to go again....

I, Dwango, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete 10 3rd company Intersessors and 5 3rd company hellblasters by the 14th March 2021.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

med_gallery_141590_15861_833465.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_20493.jpg

More DI minis!

Brethren... The 'rona plague has seriously impinged my abilities this season... Fatigue from nurgle is real and my genehanced physio biology is not able to currently keep up with processing...I may have to engage my catalaepsean node and reemerge at a later date.

My failure is not our chapters but mine own

Edited by lionofjudah

Brethren... The 'rona plague has seriously impinged my abilities this season... Fatigue from nurgle is real and my genehanced physio biology is not able to currently keep up with processing...I may have to engage my catalaepsean node and reemerge at a later date.

My failure is not our chapters but mine own

Brother! Take the time needed to fortify your body, for when you return you shall wreak such vengeance upon the Witch, the Mutant and the Heretic!

Seriously though, take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery.