+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VII +

Dosjetka

I'm mostly working on my Iron Warriors at the moment (*dives for cover*), but I'd love to make a diorama of an Iron Warrior and an Imperial Fist duking it out. Would this be acceptable as a submission?

I jeremy1391 vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Last Wall to complete 9 eradicators, 10 infiltrators, 6 inceptors, 1 Gravis captain, 1 Tor Garadon, 3 outriders by March 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

gallery_28285_15845_282.jpeg

gallery_28285_15845_133587.jpeg

gallery_28285_15845_5053.jpeg

I, Nusphigor, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete a Devastator Squad and Contemptor Dreadnought by 14th March 2021.

Father calls and we answer! It doesn't matter where we are or how are we faring, we answer!

med_gallery_49745_16178_488347.jpg

Edited by nusphigor

Hello all,

Apologies for the delay in updating this event: between work and getting a new cat to look after, it's been a busy past few days!

I'm mostly working on my Iron Warriors at the moment (*dives for cover*), but I'd love to make a diorama of an Iron Warrior and an Imperial Fist duking it out. Would this be acceptable as a submission?

As long as the Imperial Fist is winning, yes. :P

Jokes aside, that's fine as a submission. :)

I jeremy1391 vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Last Wall to complete 9 eradicators, 10 infiltrators, 6 inceptors, 1 Gravis captain, 1 Tor Garadon, by February 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

*snip*

Another large vow: nice! Good to see you again, jeremy. :) Welcome to the Expansion!

I, Nusphigor, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete a Devastator Squad and Contemptor Dreadnought by 14th March 2021.

Father calls and we answer! It doesn't matter where we are or how are we faring, we answer! 

*snip*

Great to see a vow from you, nusphigor! I was hoping you'd join the Expansion. Welcome! :D

This progress pic brought to you by Sword Art Online, because I have to have something running in the background and Netflix has been constantly harassing me to watch it.

*snip*

Not pictured: Two other suppressors that are primed and in subassemblies.

Nice to see some progress, Osteoclast! Keep up the good work. :)

First outrider complete!

*snip*

Nicely done! :tu:

I, 9x19, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templar to complete an unfinished Redemptor Dreadnought, and a unit of 10 Veteran Assault Intercessors, by February 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

Welcome to the Expansion, 9x19. :thumbsup:

Your vow is just missing a picture of your models in their current state and you're good to go! Oh, and I've extended the end date to 14th March giving every one a little extra time to get our models painted so you might want to edit that in your vow, too! :smile.:

Roger that. I got the first pic up of the 10 Veteran Assault Intercessors. I owe you the incomplete redemptor dreadnought.

In the meantime, here's the first 5 VAI (ie, Sword Brethren) finished:

gallery_95196_16551_684636.jpg

gallery_95196_16551_822238.jpg

9x19 Parabellum, I think your successor chapter are looking great! Good use of colour and iconography.

I’m still plugging away at the Repulsor Executioner.

Need to post the initial pic of my vow too, can I post it once I’ve finished this tank?

9x19 Parabellum, I think your successor chapter are looking great! Good use of colour and iconography.

I’m still plugging away at the Repulsor Executioner.

Need to post the initial pic of my vow too, can I post it once I’ve finished this tank?

Thanks Jud, but it's not a successor chapter. They are run as Black Templar (well...I guess you are right in that Black Templar are technically a successor chapter!) . ("Sword Brethren" are ~ 1st Company Veterans in Black Templar crusades).  I like to paint my veterans a differrent color scheme from the main color scheme, but one that ties into it.  It lets me break up the monotony of painting a whole chapter with the exact same color palette, and it helps me (and my opponent) quickliy identify which models are elites/veterans.

I like it Jeremy, though I have one piece of (hopefully) constructive criticism.

To my eye, the accent color (the orange-tan color) is in the wrong place on the bike.  I think it would have looked much better, and tied in compositionally with the Marine rider, had you painted the "quarter panels" in that color, and then put whatever your chapter icon is on both the Astartes rider shoulder pad as well as the bike's quarter panels. 

Howdy friends... Looking good on the completions so far!!

I'm currently in the finishing stages of finally finishing my son's 7th edition (when I started it) red is better waagh, leaf de'toof. All the metal characters, fw biker, meka dread, dread, 6 kans, 5 meganobz, 14 nobz, 18 stormboyz, 18 flamer boys, 30 boyz, 4 trukks, 15 gretchen, 2 planes, 1 stompa. Super grateful I blocked in most of the colors and metals back in the day so this has been a tidy and detail project... Now to desert base them all then I'll be ready for moar yellow.

Making a 2nd Vow:
I, 9x19, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templar to complete a kitbashed Black Templar Apothecary, by February 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

Here is my Apothecary conversion:

gallery_95196_16551_411382.jpg

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

WIP pics. Need basing, transfers, and waiting to try out some technical paints that are stuck in the warp still courtesy of GeeDubs.

The Eliminator in the handle was painted with warp lightning today; its a bit of a process with one arm out of commission and I'm definitely not going to be able to build models for probably a couple weeks. But I'll have plenty of free time once its more functional since I can't work until it is fully healed up. I also have lichen stuff I plan to throw on the cloaks to make a Ghilly suit, but that'll wait till my arm is better.

1Tomovg.jpg

vInpesE.jpg

aHUs4P1.jpg

Edited by Osteoclast

Been a bit busy lately with finishing work and then Christmas. I hope that those who celebrate had a good one and that the rest of you had a bit of a break. :)

*snip*

Those look fantastic, 9x19. :tu: That's a nice unique scheme to make your veterans stand out.

I, Metzombie, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Shields of Dorn to complete 3 Outriders, 1 ATV, 2 A. Intercessor and 2 LT.s by 14th March 2021.

Welcome to the Expansion, Metzombie! :)

Howdy friends... Looking good on the completions so far!!
I'm currently in the finishing stages of finally finishing my son's 7th edition (when I started it) red is better waagh, leaf de'toof. All the metal characters, fw biker, meka dread, dread, 6 kans, 5 meganobz, 14 nobz, 18 stormboyz, 18 flamer boys, 30 boyz, 4 trukks, 15 gretchen, 2 planes, 1 stompa. Super grateful I blocked in most of the colors and metals back in the day so this has been a tidy and detail project... Now to desert base them all then I'll be ready for moar yellow.

Looks like your plate's already quite full! :P Feel free to post some of your Ork-y pics in the relevant subforum.

Making a 2nd Vow:
I, 9x19, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templar to complete a kitbashed Black Templar Apothecary, by February 14th, in the year of our Lord, 2021.

*snip*

Second vow before completing the first? Heresy! :o

WIP pics. Need basing, transfers, and waiting to try out some technical paints that are stuck in the warp still courtesy of GeeDubs.

The Eliminator in the handle was painted with warp lightning today; its a bit of a process with one arm out of commission and I'm definitely not going to be able to build models for probably a couple weeks. But I'll have plenty of free time once its more functional since I can't work until it is fully healed up. I also have lichen stuff I plan to throw on the cloaks to make a Ghilly suit, but that'll wait till my arm is better.

*snip*

Looks like a decent start. If I may, perhaps next time you could remove the plastic connectors between the model pieces and the sprue? Takes just an extra minute or so but it looks a lot better once it's done. :)

I, Captain Caine 24th, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete a Hammerfall Bunker by 14th March 2021.

*snip*

Not keen on the bunker model but I'm keen to see you paint it, Captain Caine. Welcome to the Expansion! :tu:

Been a bit busy lately with finishing work and then Christmas. I hope that those who celebrate had a good one and that the rest of you had a bit of a break. :smile.:

*snip*

Those look fantastic, 9x19. :thumbsup: That's a nice unique scheme to make your veterans stand out.

Making a 2nd Vow:

*snip*

Second vow before completing the first? Heresy! :ohmy.:

1. Thank you, Dosjetka. Yes, I like to make veterans stand out.

2. Only because I found the Boxing Day Bash 2020 event. Here's the 2nd Vow, finished, which I did in one day!

gallery_95196_16551_25701.jpg

Welcome to the Expansion, 9x19. :thumbsup:

Your vow is just missing a picture of your models in their current state and you're good to go! Oh, and I've extended the end date to 14th March giving every one a little extra time to get our models painted so you might want to edit that in your vow, too! :smile.:

3. Indeed, and as such, I added a pic of the unfinished redemptor dreadnought from vow 1 to the first post I made in the thread. Here it is also if it helps:

gallery_95196_16551_3204.jpg

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

I, Dangerman, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, Sigsmund and the Black Templars to complete 10x Incursors, 10x Assault Intercessors, 9x Intercessors, 1x 'special' Judiciar, and 1x Reclusiarch of the Black Templars Primaris Chaplain models by 14th March 2021. (Green = completed)

For Dorn, Terra and the one true God Emperor!

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

gallery_46568_16818_90922.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_115790.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_39717.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_62763.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_20205.jpg

Edited by Dangerman

I, Brother Carpenter, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, Sigismund and the Black templars to complete one siege dreadnougt with hurricane bolters and Seismic Hammer by 14th March M2 021.

Constructon had started in M2 017, but completion was delayed due to unexpected warpstorm activity.

20201229 150209

For Dorn, Sigismund, Terra, and the Emperor!