+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VII +

Dosjetka

I, Indefragable, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the VII Legion, Legiones Astartes to complete a single MkIV Heavy Bolter marine  by 14th March 2021.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

*Note: I have Breachers on order that are unlikely to arrive anywhere near in time to the end date, so I plan to honor the spirit of the event on my own whenever they actually show up. That being said, I want to contribute a single model to officially stamp my participation and also test out the precise yellow-by-hand scheme I am doing.

*snip*

Welcome to the Expansion, Indefragable! I'm looking forward to seeing your test model. :)

Hail Knight-Captain Alfonso, Marshal of the Gemini Crusade - vow complete!

*snip*

That's a great-looking Marshal; congrats on your completion! :tu:

Screw it. I’ve got one more vow left in me! I Jeremy1391 pledge to complete a 10 man vanguard veteran squad by March 14 2021. Until the last wall falls!

*snip*

Nice! Go get 'em done! :D

Love seeing how everybody else has been doing. I can report that the bases are done, main colours are finished, and the models are sealed. Now its time for oils and powders before the finishing touches. Should be on track to finish on time..

*snip*

Impressive progress! Looking forward to seeing the final result. :)

The 9 plus the original assault Intersessor done. First time properly attempting a face.

*snip*

Going to go again....

I, Dwango, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete 10 3rd company Intersessors and 5 3rd company hellblasters by the 14th March 2021.

*snip*

More DI minis!

Congrats on finishing your vow! And good luck with your 3rd one. :tu:

Note: it's the last week of this event so make sure to get your completions in (me included :ph34r:)!

So Brothers of the fist (which sounds worse now I type it out...) i am here to report that my vow is done! Though I am not 100% happy with the face of my Rann substitute I am moving on from, it, but I may come back at a later date and redo it, but for now it will suffice and done is better than perfect.. I have enjoyed this challenge and it has helped to keep me motivated as I find I need a deadline to keep working away at a project, and with out games to do this the last year has been hard.

Anyway with out further waffling here is my completed 1250 points of 30K IF:

gallery_33945_4970_186188.jpg

Breacher squad 1

gallery_33945_4970_183663.jpg

Breacher squad 2

gallery_33945_4970_174597.jpg

Terminators

gallery_33945_4970_54816.jpg

Dreadnought

gallery_33945_4970_415997.jpg

Apothecary

gallery_33945_4970_441866.jpg

Delegatus

gallery_33945_4970_368389.jpg

Champion

And finally a group shot of them all:

gallery_33945_4970_1259476.jpg

Hope you like them and any comments and criticism is gratefully received. Good luck to all of you who haven't finished yet and I look forward to seeing what you all do!

For Dorn and the Emperor!

I’ve finished the first half of my oath!

As usual I’ve left it till the last minute but should be able to complete them on time.

51017271537_7b7e4c45c4_c.jpgTemplars of Dorn

51017177486_30be85d8d1_c.jpgTemplars of Dorn

Now I just have to do 5 more and a Repulsor Executioner! Wish me luck!

I, Indefragable, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the VII Legion, Legiones Astartes to complete a single MkIV Heavy Bolter marine by 14th March 2021.

*Note: I have Breachers on order that are unlikely to arrive anywhere near in time to the end date, so I plan to honor the spirit of the event on my own whenever they actually show up. That being said, I want to contribute a single model to officially stamp my participation and also test out the precise yellow-by-hand scheme I am doing.

​Pics of the model with zenith priming:

Hidden Content

So I finished the heavy bolter guy....I think.

HB F

HB S

HB R

HB Closeup

Not sure what to do from here. I feel like I could go crazy making the gun and some other details super nice, but this was test/practice for a bunch more infantry I plan on doing and I know I'm not gonna go crazy with them.

Hidden Content

I did:

Prime: Black primer

Zenithal 1: Wraithbone

Zenithal 2 (vertical angle only) : Corax White

Iyanden Yellow (Contrast)

Flash Gitz Yellow

Phalanx Yellow on the most razed parts.

Came out very bright yellow which I was kinda going for, but I think it might be too much. First time using Contrast paints and not sure what to think of them.

My Breachers have still not arrived yet..... <shrug>.

Edited by Indefragable

I have two more squads to cross off the vow list. A full squad of sneaky boi Incursors and a 9 man squad of Intercessors. This just leaves me with a single model to go, and it is arguably the most endurable of them all!

gallery_46568_16818_53626.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_11675.jpg

With the squad of Incursors, seeing as they're effectively the Primaris special operations squad, they deserved a darker armour colour with dull grey highlights and you can't be tacti-cool without a suppressor on your Occulus bolt carbine!

gallery_46568_16818_30734.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_11315.jpg

Also I decided to use a Tamyia gloss red acrylic on the lenses. The gloss gives you a lens effect without having to do the two shades with a white highlight process. If you want a quick and easy way to get the lens effect, go gloss.

Edited by Dangerman

Didn’t think I’d do it but I’ve just put the finishing touches to the Templars of Dorn!

My brother even asked me to change the colour scheme halfway through!!

Really pleased with the results.

My New Years resolution was to follow through on my commitments so I’m glad I managed to achieve my vow.

51034006012_a5abd2a0e5_c.jpgTemplars of Dorn

51034007547_23df020b9c_c.jpgTemplars of Dorn

51034012242_ac11ec449d_c.jpgTemplars of Dorn

51033911961_882d0178db_c.jpgTemplars of Dorn

51033186008_e214f480b7_c.jpgTemplars of Dorn

Thanks for looking and good luck with your vows!

If there was one character with the strength and pure grit and determination who can pass the Rubicon it is Grimaldus.

He was supposed to die on that infernal planet, be consumed by the Temple of the Emperor Ascendant in Helsreach, but he wasn't. When Helsreach did not consume him, the Mannheim Gap threatened to close in upon him and his Celestial Lion brethren, consuming them in the depths of Armageddon. But it did not. He endures as Reculisarch of the Black Templars, A Hero among many on Helsreach. A demonstration of the pure determination and the strength of the Emperors will across the galaxy. Where the threats of Chaos and Xenos diminish the Emperors light, his skilled knights in black crusade to rid the galaxy of all heretics. No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

gallery_46568_16818_72.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_105567.jpg

gallery_46568_16818_47147.jpg

My vow is now done.

gallery_46568_16818_90306.jpg

What time does it end today? I'm incredibly close to finishing but just gave some parenting to do before I can get back to it.

In principle, at 23:59 in your timezone but I'll accept all completions that are submitted before I close the event tomorrow at noon (GMT). :)

OK,

It took a little longer than anticipated, A bit of working at home and writing my thesis and defending it got in the way, but, as promised, the vow-completed pics:

I'm rather pleased how he turned out. I tried stppling on dust for the first time on his feet and shin armour and I think it came out nice.

Pics:

DSC01074

I like how the cross turned out, I'm not great at freehanding and this was challenging for me.

DSC01072

DSC01073

Gave him a regular BT transfer to break up the white of his left shoulder

DSC01075

Shin armour with dust and highlights, rather pleased with the result.

Good luck to all who are struggling with a deadline.

PS:

I'll be drilling the barrels of the hurricane bolters and giving him a name, but I'm suffering from severe hayfever (always nice with this covid thing, having uncontrollable fits of hyper intense sneezing, clear the supermarket instantly, for my convenience) and my eysight is affected by the hayfever. So when I can actually focus on what I'm trying to do, I'll paint him a name and drill the barrels.

Vow complete - it was a great fun to participate in this event!

2 command squads. Or maybe actually 9 guys with special weapons and one that looks like a leader :wink:

I finally used the old metal weapons: 2 meltaguns and 1 plasma. They were a bit too thick for hands so some filing on the side facing the torso was necessary.

ck3vVsf.jpeg

Edited by havlar