+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VII +

Dosjetka

Apologies for the potato quality picture, but sneaking in a completed vow with 20 minutes to spare despite the arm.

b4xMnJd.jpg

I wasn't able to base and throw on chapter symbols like I'd hoped, but given the Hellblasters and Aggressors next to me waiting to be based and receive chapter symbols for the past six months, that's always been a stretch goal. Plus, you know, the whole shattered elbow thing. Back to work and doing strength training on my arm, but that can end up taking a lot out of me.

As I slap astrogranite and decals on these over the next weekish, I'll add individual not potato pictures to an album for it.

Unfortunately, due to a variety of factors (not the least of which was my poor time management), I failed to complete my vow. While I am disappointed in myself, stumbling upon this event got me to put paint on a model for the very first time since I git got my first models a decade ago. Who knows how long it would have taken me otherwise. Congratulations to everyone who completed their vows, and once I finish my test model I look forward to sharing the results with you all!

Edited by Mr. Oddity

Unfortunately, due to a variety of factors (not the least of which was my poor time management), I failed to complete my vow. While I am disappointed in myself, stumbling upon this event got me to put paint on a model for the very first time since I git my first models a decade ago. Who knows how long it would have taken me otherwise. Congratulations to everyone who completed their vows, and once I finish my test model I look forward to sharing the results with you all!

Getting started is the hardest part, glad to hear you you've built up a bit of inertia. Keep it rolling :-)

Nah, mate: if you completed it before the deadline and just forgot to post it, post a picture of it here ASAP and I'll count it as completed. There's no reason to count that as a DNF. :thumbsup:

gallery_45765_12339_10347.png

And here we all are, three months... *checks calendar twice to be sure* ...yes, three months later and with a fantastic result!

First of all, we managed to get 32 people involved: that's not only 5 more than last time I ran the Expansion but it's also notable given the turbulent times we're currently living. Without wanting to toot my own horn, I'm glad I got 31 other people to pick up their hobby knives and/or paint brushes at least once over the course of the last few months, especially with how hard it is to get the mojo these days. :smile.:

Next, 22 participants (69%) have successfully completed their vows: I think that's quite a solid achievement, it's 6% more than at the end of the last Expansion, and I'd like to congratulate everyone who managed to power through their pile of shame and paint their models, regardless of their number! :thumbsup:

Also, of those 22 successful participants, 27% of them vowed more than once which is worthy of an extra round of applause and congratulations!

For those who managed to complete their vows (not me :sweat:), here is the much-coveted COMPLETED signature banner that you may wear with pride and the knowledge that you overcame the odds stacked against you!

300 x 100 px

gallery_45765_12339_61967.png

33 x 100 px

gallery_45765_12339_1203.png

For those who failed their vows, there's always next time! This is a hobby after all, and while events can help with motivation, if the mojo isn't there there's little point in trying to force things. :smile.:

Anyway, thanks again to you all for participating in this challenge. I hope you enjoyed it and will be back for more soon!

In the meantime, take care and see you around the B&C. :smile.:

Thanks for running this, Dosjetka! Without hobby events like this, lockdown would be a lot tougher to get through... they really make a difference.

Seconded. Completed or not, having a project to work on and a community to work on it with was a bright light in some rough times. Looking forward to the next one!

OMG, I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!

Please accept my late submission. These guys were finished in JANUARY!! My wife and I went to Florida during the month of February and I brought my BT army with me and was able to play against some of the local down there. I totally forgot about the painting challenge after I got back. If I hadn't seen an Outlook reminder i set for myself today to post pics, I would have forgotten about this!!

gallery_95196_16551_117201.jpg

gallery_95196_16551_411006.jpg

gallery_95196_16551_366241.jpg

Edit: Here's a pic of me playing on Feb 21, teaching a new guy how to play using his necrons

(i'm the dude in red). Those are my BT on the right hand side int he pic...(I can't tell if they are my veteran intercessors though).

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I'm glad you all had a good time and that the event helped you out even in a small way. :)

9x19 Parabellum: I've counted your vow as being completed. :tu: Congratulations on painting all of those models in such a short time! :)

I shall atone for my sins, brothers!
To the pain glove with me!

I haven't touched my fists other than just basecoated them in yellow, but then again i may have turned traitor (?) because i started a Word Bearers army for a crusade campaign with some friends.

Still, i will work on my fists next time!

Edit: Here's a pic of me playing on Feb 21, teaching a new guy how to play using his necrons 

(i'm the dude in red). Those are my BT on the right hand side int he pic...(I can't tell if they are my veteran intercessors though).

that is a good thing to do, it's always good to teach the new blood the ways of the game ;)