Warbinger's Drukhari Raiding Party

Warbringer

In 2010when the dark eldar were first re-released I fell in love and brought a huge selection of the minis, I built most of them and played about 2 games.

I then got to the point of painting them and could never do them the justice I thought they deserved.

I promptly sold everything I had and half forgotten about them.

Move forward 10 years and for Christmas I'm getting Incubi and Drazhar as a painting project and decided i would get a box of Kabalite warriors from ebay and paint them as a test so I know what i'm doing for Drazhar.

Here is my test model 99% done there are a few bits that need to be done and I'll pick these out with the other 9 models.

I've enjoyed them so Much I'm not planning a force in 2021.

Test1

Test2Batch

Dammit here you go again !!! , warbringers doing another super awesome army to shame us all :wink: 
Really fine start there bud !, the green is nice and contrasts really well with your brassy/bronze accents.
I think it’s safe to say your doing the Dark eldar some justice today !!!

Cheers Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Cheers both!

It was a really fun model to do, I'm going to see if I can find a teal/green oil wash that would replace me having to do all the recess shading. Took an hour to do all 10 models and tidy back up so its not too bad but wouldn't mind something to cheat at this!

I'm really happy with them and coming up with a name for my own Kabal too.

I've got the 1000 points planned out now so if all goes well over the Christmas period my 21 army will be good fun  :)

Thanks Warriorfish! 

I'm really happy with the bronze and green colours.

I'm planning out 1000 points of Kabal as a patrol detachment.

Drazhar
Incubi
2x 5 Kabalie (May run these as a 10)
Ravager
Razorwing Jetfighter
Tanatalus

Then will look to add another 500 points of Haemonculus depending on the new Codex really if they do the raiding force that will be my plan to have 3 of them.

I'm looking forward to the new Lelith Hesperax model and a load of Wych's too :D

That's one amazing test model Warbringer - awesome work! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks nor can I! I'm so looking forward to doing them.

I'm shocked by how quickly you paint.  These are sharp, and have a great scheme.

Glad to see more Drukhari painting projects.  Need more hype before that Codex drops!

I'm hoping to get all the infantry done early in the new year so I can treat myself to the tantalus and the vehicles.

Speed on the painting side I hadn't considered me to be quick, I'm lazy and have a short attention span, so I try to give myself an alloted time to get it done and will do the best I can in that time.

I've spent about 4 hours on the 9 models now and I'm ready to highlight and start the details so hopefully another 10 hours work?

Probably did the test model in about 2.5-3 hours total.

It's good to start small with what you have, I think you might find that that list is a bit toys over boys heavy. A few more Kabalites wouldn't hurt especially at the speed you paint them :P

The Incubi are an option for a different scheme if you'd like to mix things up, as they're not part of a Kabal as with the other mercenary units :tu:

It's good to start small with what you have, I think you might find that that list is a bit toys over boys heavy. A few more Kabalites wouldn't hurt especially at the speed you paint them :tongue.:

The Incubi are an option for a different scheme if you'd like to mix things up, as they're not part of a Kabal as with the other mercenary units :thumbsup:

I'm planning on painting the Incubi in the same scheme currently I had thought about changing them to be darker or different but currently that my plan.

Depends on what he is going for.  I can totally envision a Drukhari force with minimal Troops.  Lots of vehicles is something of a retro approach.

I actually re-considered my plans and kabalite use after getting on well with painting them so far.

I'm very much a toys over boys guy, I really like the mobile list and everything in transports, of my 3000 points of Orks i don't have any Boyz painted 

I had considered a variant of the list which looked like this and was thinking of dropping a single ravager for some kabalites but I need to play a game and see how they do as they seem very expensive for what they look like they can do.

Drazhar

Incubi

2x 5 Kabalie (May run these as a 10)

Raider

Raider

Ravager

Ravager

Razorwing Jetfighter

Be really keen to know how people have been running their kabalite warriors and ideas around 1000 point lists that include 

Drazhar, Incubi and 10 kabalite as they're the models i've got.

You aren't wrong.  Kabalites are at least 2 points per model over their rightful cost.  The saving grace of Kabalites is how they scale.  Also, Venom spam, if you are into that.  Such a shame.  Kabalites are great looking models.  I find that 10 Kabalites with 2 Blasters and Dark Lance is still workable for 135.  Shredders are excellent weapons, though.  I usually play as Obsidian Rose and have at least one unit with Shredders to thin out hordes.

As to Drazhar and the Incubi... just wait until the new Codex comes out.  They will be scary in melee.

@ Warbringer - hey bud you should go check out Skaredcast on youtube, best Drukhari archon out there :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkaredCast

Cheers, Mithril

p.s. embrace the Kabalite's… at least you don't have to paint them in numbers like Boyz :tongue.:

Well you sure seem to have an eye for detail, for being an ork :whistling:

The way you talk about them makes me remember the first time I held a dark eldar box in my hands. They look like eldar, just way cooler; the combat drugs, wyches hanging off venoms, japanese inspired raider ships, tattoos, torture and lunaticism. The way you talk about them sounds like you secretly are in love with them and would want to just throw away your current armies, but you can't, right? ;) Makes me happy to know I have the pleasure of playing dark eldar, åhåhå!

Welcome aboard! ;)

The way you talk about them makes me remember the first time I held a dark eldar box in my hands. They look like eldar, just way cooler; the combat drugs, wyches hanging off venoms, japanese inspired raider ships, tattoos, torture and lunaticism. The way you talk about them sounds like you secretly are in love with them and would want to just throw away your current armies, but you can't, right? :wink: Makes me happy to know I have the pleasure of playing dark eldar, åhåhå!

Welcome aboard! :wink:

Ha I do love the models! They are amazing the whole range is just amazing I remember them first coming out and being just floored. I've had many of the models before but couldn't get past the test model and painting them.

Now I've managed to sort the test model I'm really excited for the progress.

I've got an Archon, Drazhar (Xmas), Incubi, Kabalite Warriors.

Planning on getting more in the new year and will likely have 2021 as my Drukhari force.

The way you talk about them makes me remember the first time I held a dark eldar box in my hands. They look like eldar, just way cooler; the combat drugs, wyches hanging off venoms, japanese inspired raider ships, tattoos, torture and lunaticism. The way you talk about them sounds like you secretly are in love with them and would want to just throw away your current armies, but you can't, right? :wink: Makes me happy to know I have the pleasure of playing dark eldar, åhåhå!

Welcome aboard! :wink:

Ha I do love the models! They are amazing the whole range is just amazing I remember them first coming out and being just floored. I've had many of the models before but couldn't get past the test model and painting them.

Now I've managed to sort the test model I'm really excited for the progress.

I've got an Archon, Drazhar (Xmas), Incubi, Kabalite Warriors.

Planning on getting more in the new year and will likely have 2021 as my Drukhari force.

Nice. Im getting some new models aswell. Gonna go from a venom/kabalite build into only building flesh covens. Its been a while since last time i played tho.

Got any idea for what your army list is gonna be?

Thats awesome, merry Christmas for you. Paint scheme still one of my favorites. Finishing a squad is a great mile stone too, congrates.

Thanks mate, I agree finishing the first squad really helps get a feel for things you like or don't when painting, they're slightly different to the test but not enough to be an issue.

I have brought some additional oil paint to make my wash easier I hope so the next ones will be different again possibly.

Awesome!, first troop unit is the main hurdle cause we all know how tedious it is painting troops ;-P

I do love your colours, gotta ask how did you do your brassy metal colour?. It’s very striking and of course I’d like to put it in the little book of other peoples great paint recipes :-)

Looking forwards to seeing this army grow.

Cheers Mithril

On a side note,speaking of Xmas presents , I got 2 Ork buggies (snazzwagon and boosta blasta) for Xmas so hopefully I’ll be updating my Ork plog soon.

Squad 1 is finished.

Got an Archon, Drazhar and Incubi for Xmas :smile.:

Nice, that paint scheme does look really cool, when someone pulls it off, which you do indeed :thumbsup::jawdrop::thumbsup:

Thanks I'm really happy with the outcome!

Awesome!, first troop unit is the main hurdle cause we all know how tedious it is painting troops ;-P

I do love your colours, gotta ask how did you do your brassy metal colour?. It’s very striking and of course I’d like to put it in the little book of other peoples great paint recipes :-)

Looking forwards to seeing this army grow.

Cheers Mithril

On a side note,speaking of Xmas presents , I got 2 Ork buggies (snazzwagon and boosta blasta) for Xmas so hopefully I’ll be updating my Ork plog soon.

Thanks Troops are the hardest thing for me normally too but these were lovely!

I love both the buggy you got so enjoy them!

The Brass is S75 Necro Gold, Purple Wash, Necro and VGC Brassy Brass & Sycorax Bronze final dots on the leader :)

Looking good! I quite like that colour. The base colour really helps them pop too.

Thanks I'm really happy with the bases (I use them on everything as I have no real imagination)