Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathshroud terminators datasheet

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts

+1WS
+1A
5" move
12" pistol range
2D on scythes instead of d3
-1S (doesn't matter with -1T aura)

UD1MByJ.png

• nagashnee, Marshal Loss, TrawlingCleaner and 2 others like this

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,686 posts

2+ WS is very cool, so is 2D. Whether Hateful Assault is still there or not, these guys have a very impressive amount of attacks. Looking forward to seeing the codex!

Oxydo

Oxydo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens, XX
I think we can be reasonably sure that hateful assault is gone from DG now.
  • Black Blow Fly and Iron Sage like this

gallery_96587_15500_15503.pnggallery_96587_15500_2763.png

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,686 posts

I think we can be reasonably sure that hateful assault is gone from DG now.

It's definitely a discussion to be had down in the smelly depths of the Death Guard Forum msn-wink.gif

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 18,177 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
That is a pretty impressive statline. Great number of attacks, great weapon skill, reliable damage.

-~Ishagu~-

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 815 posts

I'm glad that I ordered 4 kits of feltius + his termi guards. That gives me 4 deathshrouds and a bunch of terminators (12!!!)  for the price of only one box of terrminators...

I hope ow that the point const will be ok to fit in the lists.

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,219 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Hmm, I'm thinking even my GK Paladins buffed with 2 psychic powers and 1 stratagem would still straight up lose to them in a fight. Yikes!
BJyntGN.pngOOq4org.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,942 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I like these changes - much more reliable damage. Now to hope for some kind of charge modifier :P

• Iron Sage likes this

"All I wish to hear from your imperfect world is the silence of its dead."

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,025 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Yea these guys are terrifying once they're in combat. They went from 3s and 3s vs meq with a 1/3 of wasting an attack to 2 and 2s flat out killing and have an extra attack on top of things. Bladeguard and vanguard absolutely do not want to fight these guys.

The nerf to the strength to make up for the aura is very fair, as I don't think they wanted deathshroud hammering t8 vehicles on 4s.

vPwNQrt.gif

Balerion84

Balerion84

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts

The nerf to the strength to make up for the aura is very fair, as I don't think they wanted deathshroud hammering t8 vehicles on 4s.

With Nurgle's Gift they still will.
  • TrawlingCleaner likes this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,025 posts

Edit: nevermind what I just said, I totally forgot they were str 5 base and imgur doesn't load at work. Let's rephrase my initial statement to "they don't want them hammering t8 vehicles on 3s rerolling 1s" .

These guys are going to rock in combat. But movement was always their weakness and might still be.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk, 16 December 2020 - 12:52 PM.

vPwNQrt.gif

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,686 posts

No...If the scythes now let them hit at str 6 and if nurgle's gift makes a t8 vehicles t7, then they wound them on 5s.

The Scythes let them hit at str7 (4 base +3 for the scythe)

They used to hit at Str8 base which would have made them even more terrifying with -1T

• SkimaskMohawk likes this

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts

Yea these guys are terrifying once they're in combat. They went from 3s and 3s vs meq with a 1/3 of wasting an attack to 2 and 2s flat out killing and have an extra attack on top of things. Bladeguard and vanguard absolutely do not want to fight these guys.

They went from 3s and 2s vs meq.

Edit: ah, I see your other post about forgetting they were S5. That will do it haha.

Edited by Putrid Choir, 16 December 2020 - 12:57 PM.

• TrawlingCleaner likes this

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 815 posts

Those terminators improvments will improve our warhammer 40k skills: the poor base movement is indeed a weakness but this is the kind of units that should be used with all the other movement tricks: consolidate, heroic intervention, charge, etc... with anticipation and calculation, jumping from enemi units to enemi units, making the most out of the killing potential of those death machines. 

I think that I'll go back to the battlefield and learn more of those tricks.

Plague _Lord

Plague _Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 461 posts
  • Faction: CSM

I think they just got a huge boost in usefullnes. Hope their points don't go up, they are pretty bad now. How many times I thought they would kill something only to roll poorly for hits and damage.

Now these fellas next to a lord or DP (they are core) will statiscally wipe a 10 man intercessor unit in one go... On a T8 3+ AS vechicle they are doing an average of nearly 16 damage!

Think they are going to be a staple in every list I use :)

• Bulwyf likes this

Armies:

40k: Deathguard, Steel Legion, Word Bearers, Space wolves, Necrons

WFB: Night goblins, Empire, Dark Elves

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,025 posts

Those terminators improvments will improve our warhammer 40k skills: the poor base movement is indeed a weakness but this is the kind of units that should be used with all the other movement tricks: consolidate, heroic intervention, charge, etc... with anticipation and calculation, jumping from enemi units to enemi units, making the most out of the killing potential of those death machines.
I think that I'll go back to the battlefield and learn more of those tricks.

Ya, without any movement synergy you're forced to play better to get mileage out of them.

The problem is that historically these type of units (hard hitting but very slow) haven't gotten any play until there's ways to alleviate their lack of maneuverability. Assault terminators use scars, raven guard, and chaplains to be effective. Centurions used master of ambush. That kind of thing is necessary and if it's lacking the deathshroud won't see as much competitive use unless they're really cheap.

vPwNQrt.gif

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,190 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Shame that their flamer don't at least have ap1 on them then they'd be pretty amazing when ever getting close to the enemy
Hope their bodyguard rules remain unchanged as I love taking a unit of them to keep my plaguecaster alive by having them tank any damage he would normally be taking, especially since his only save against high ap weapons is gone with the changes to DR
Please let them keep their 4+ inv as well for making them even more resilent

Edited by Plaguecaster, 17 December 2020 - 02:11 AM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Crix

Crix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts
That would be something if they got a HI rule, that way they can go after whatever is getting close to what they are guarding would help alleviate their slow movement.

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,163 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

These are great changes but the huge weakness of DS is still a total lack of any charge bonuses or stratagems for DG. I'd love to see something in the new codex that finally fixes this, maybe with some sort of cool combo (e.g., +3 to charge strat vs a unit that lost a model to a plague weapon this turn). 

Iron Sage

Iron Sage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,510 posts

I like these changes - much more reliable damage. Now to hope for some kind of charge modifier tongue.png

That I do think is unfortunately unreasonable to expect :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users