Tanith 1st and Only

SteveAntilles

It's taken almost a year to finally build up enough models to run a 2k army, but I think I'm finally there. This has got to be the most expensive army I've ever built, I hope I can do it justice! Anyway, here's what I have so far:

Tanith 1st with Phantine Air Support, army built as seen in the Guns of Tanith during the battle for Phantine

pjHyGVm.jpg

RXQdtwG.jpg

Colonel-Commissar Gaunt, Brin Milo, Doc Dorden, Beltayn, and Brostin

SgGrNdk.jpg

Colm Corbec

0U6ACdC.jpg

Major Rawne and Command Squad

nGaHOTz.jpg

Third Platoon

Edited by SteveAntilles

You're off to a good start. Will you add Try Again Bragg, Mad Larkin, Tona Criid, and Ezra Night?

Bragg, Larks, and Criid are all in there already! Bragg is the autocannon trooper, Larks is my "Vindicare Assassin," and Criid is a converted lasgun trooper. 

Ezra doesn't come along until the Gereon mission, which is several books ahead of where my army is based. Possibly in the future though?

Bragg is the autocannon trooper,

I expected him to manhandle a Reaper autocannon- in the novels, he's repeatedly described as bearing a twin-linked autocannon- maybe give Bragg the arms (right limb and weapon, after removing the Chaos symbols) of a Chaos Terminator, and then drill holes into the traitor's torso, for use as a base decoration?

Larks is my "Vindicare Assassin,"

Good choice!

Ezra doesn't come along until the Gereon mission, which is several books ahead of where my army is based. Possibly in the future though?

(Waiting with fingers crossed.) Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, you're posting awfully well for a dead person... nothing a judicious bolt pistol application can't resolve - can never be too careful ;) Seems to me your dedication has paid off and the Emperor Himself heard your plea - and here we are :) Fantastic news, will be interesting to see more. I wonder if they're intended to be a stand alone squad or we'll see more? Good motivation for you to get cracking so you're ready for the new miniatures :lol:

• 1 month later...

Awesome stuff man! I'm a huge Tanith fan myself and have about 60 Infantry, plus Gaunt, Commanders, Heavy Teams and Snipers painted, all converted from Cadian models though. Mad respect for collecting all those oldschool Tanith models! Looking forward to seeing this progress :yes: Super pumped for the new models!

Edited by The Woodsman

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't bode well for the autocannon, still S7, AP-1 and 2D, so start replacing all your ACs with HBs!

The lascarbine & hot-shot lascarbine looks interesting at assault 3.  Those would be a huge boost to standard infantry with FRFSRF.  And it looks like we're keeping orders from "Friendly ASTRA MILITARUM units cannot issue orders to this unit"

in-built -1 to hit when being targeted is nice, plus can't be targeted from more than 18" away.  Gives a little hope to ratlings :yes:

The more I see people suggesting new lasgun variants the more I can see the Guard having some sort of army wide buff to represent logistics of some sort and I can totally dig that idea of choosing your lasgun variants, some artillery/tank ammo etc. That'd be cool.

I personally love this unit, its not broken and it has a lot of uses, you can infiltrate them mid board, give them a free +1sv with Take Cover and just do an action or two before they are assaulted. It might not carry you to victory but it will get you some tasty victory points and thats really good, the rules are fluffy and useful and the only thing I can see it turning this squad sour is if its expensive, I could play with this if its not more then 150pts because 3+ or 2+/5++, -1 to hit is pretty good against other shooting armies.