ryanxarnold

Hello!

I've been a low-key lurker to both this board and the hobby for quite a few years. It all started when I purchased an issue of White Dwarf from my FLGS when I was in middle school. I never actually played a game or painted any of the models (outside of a single metal Emperors Champion model that I got off eBay). I have followed along over the years with the GW releases and lore however, as well as checking out all the awesome paint jobs and conversions here.

A few months back, a local friend decided to get back into the hobby after being away for years and chatted me up about actually committing to building a full army. I picked up a Dark Imperium box at my local Warhammer store (shout out to Ryan at the Franklin, MA store! He was super helpful!) and decided on starting an Imperial Fists army. I just started shaving off the mold lines when...Covid hit. So, while I haven't actually gotten to play my first game, I'm still very excited to start.

I saw that there was a painting expansion in the Imperial Fists sub-form and decided that now was the time to finally stop lurking and start participating. 

Glad to be here and excited to start posting!

Even with covid preventing games, the building and painting parts of the hobby can still be very satisfying.  Its good to see that you've already visited the imperial fist's forum, as in these times of no games, the comments and feedback of your fellow hobbyists can be a great way of keeping up your interest.

And if painting and building aren't things you enjoy, that's okay too!

• 2 weeks later...