2k Krieg Massed Assault

librisrouge

So, I'm thinking that someday I'll get far too many infantry painted. Unlikely, sure, but in the vain hopes that I someday get off my tuckas and do that, I figured that it is good to have an army list in mind should that occur. Here was the result.

Brigade (Regiment: Death Korps of Krieg)

HQ-

Krieg Marshal - Warlord (Old Grudges)

2x Krieg Marshal

2x Death Rider Commander

Elt-

Death Rider Command Squad

3x Combat Engineer Squad x10

Troops-

11x Infantry Squads - Meltagun

Fast Attack-

3x Death Rider Squadron x10

Heavy Support-

3x Heavy Weapon Squad x3 - Lascannon x3

Dedicated Transport-

3x Hades Breaching Drill

My anti-tough things choices are limited but I'm hoping the scattered 11 meltaguns in the army will help with that, or at least make any enemy leery of getting to close in. Basically, I'm relying on numbers to claim objectives and move into the center. Lascannons give me some ranged striking power (especially if I get to go first) and the death riders are tough enough to take a hit or two before evaporating. Engineers will deep strike with their drills, hopefully providing some unexpected mid-game hitting with a ton of shots/grenades and the drills almost cannot be ignored in case they go off.

Simple list, and spammy, but that feels appropriate.

Thoughts?

Interesting that you've gone melta not plasma. At 12" I'd be interested in seeing a mathshammer comparison of their effectiveness (I feel that if using a range extending rapid fire trait like disciplined shooters plasma edge it). Not an issue as same points.

Interesting range of game threats (drills/cavalry) but body count might be low for strategy you identify.

I plan for losing 40 turn 1, then 30 turn 2 and 3, 20 for remaining two turns. What you going to have to use turn 3 onward? (thats a reflection not a criticism).

Also important task is to try and identify secondaries you are going to go for, and if you were playing against the list what is opponent going to take. This is a feature i'd like adding to the competing list building apps.

• 3 months later...

Only thing I'd suggest is cutting a Death Rider Squad and squeezing in two more Death Rider Command Squads. Yeah, it's 8 horses to 10 but those 8 are a good bit better.

Also, as the other commenter mentioned plasma > melta.