Indomitus Chaplain - A refreshing rebirth

FergyFergz

Evening brothers!

Don't ask me why, but this year hasn't been as productive as I'd wished in terms of the hobby we all love. I've neglected to keep up with my painting, and posting on here. However, I am now making a concerted effort to up my game and paint more, with an aim to improve and tackle skills I'd never really grasped before

The first on my list is to paint faces well. I had long made sure that all of my battle brothers were helmed to avoid having to paint the faces and making them look terrible. I've decided to keep up this ethos with a mind to reserve helmetless models to special pieces, and so set about finding the right model to test out some new skills. 

I decided to start with the head, aiming to use glazing and over brushing to introduce subtones and depth to the face naturally. I also tried my hand and painting on a five o'clock shadow for the, ever righteous, boy in black.

So without further ado, here is the first of my WIP shots of the Chaplain from the Indomitus set.

(Apologies for the slight blurriness, I am still trying to find the right settings and lens for my camera to capture the up close shots like this.)

hbK1VEE.jpg

Fantastic painting there. IDK what skill level you started from but your practice had certainly paid off. Very characterful and expressive. Love it.

I've been in the hobby on snap since the very end of 3rd, so I'm fairly experienced. However I've never really made a conscious effort to improve and learn.

But thanks for the kind words guys.

I've started the process of base coating the main colours now and plan on trying my hand at NMM gold trimming.

For reference, this is the standard I am painting the main bods to

FI2x8eQ.jpg

Edited by FergyFergz