9th ed Phobos?

Salty Beard

Incursors and Infiltrators are both popular, as well the librarian.

The other HQ's tend to only show up in certain chapters (with the best relics for them). Eliminators aren't as good as they were in 8th but are decent. Reivers are probably the worst marine unit. Invictors are inconsistent they'll either do great or die on the first turn.

I think your better off having a Phobos sub theme (troops and a libby), then looking for some good deep strikers/outflankers and melee units to counter punch your opponent when they try to take the mid field from you.

Yep, a few units to force your opponents hand, they have to come forward and deal with your infiltrators / Incursors or you run away on Primary points. Then your Thunderwolves or Bladeguard or whatever smash whatever units your opponent brought forward.

Invictors are a bit too easy to kill since they’re not Dreadnoughts, but aren’t a bad choice by any stretch.

Reivers are plain bad... However the Reiver Lieutenant is interesting. Lots of tricks like turning off Objective Secured on a cheap, mobile character.

Suppressors aren't 'really' Phobos, but I was looking at them recently for anti Infantry firepower. Was thinking of Heavy Bolters on Long Fangs, and realized that the new 3 shot autocannons on the Suppressors are just as good, and cheap. Only trouble is the Fast Attack slot has alot of competition for SW.

Thanks for your input!!!

I was planning on running a squad of each infiltrators and Incursors to see what one works best. I was also planning on an inv. Suit. I bought the shadow spear box to start getting back into playing right before they said anything about 9th. So I wanted to see how each unit would work together, I kept my TWC and Wulfen. I don’t have any vehicles yet. Wanted to see how the new rules panned out.

With a decrease in board size and an increase in the sue of Reserves, I think Infiltrators are useful now as many armies like drop in. a couple of squads of Infiltrators will really help to restrict the amount of midfield available to your opponent.

Phobos stuff is real good at Board Control, so you can lean into that, but I think Space Wolves use Drop Pods with Phobos particularly well.

Wulfen aren't what they used to be, but they Outflank pretty well. I'ld keep them cheap and lean on the reroll charge aura, but Frost Claws are amazing chaff clearing. But with 4 Str5 AP-2 attacks apiece with Savage Fury always active, Wulfen do just fine with their bare claws these days.