Taro Modelmaker

schoon

Hi Pinceps - 

In response to my once a year email to Taro Modelmaker asking him if he has any plans to bring his amazing creative skills to Titanicus, the reply was finally "Yes."

He just obtained a new 3D printer with the proper resolution for AT material, and while he still needs to calibrate it for best results, he thinks we could see initial AT items in late spring.

For me, this is excellent news, as he tends to release cool weapons and alternate armor plating that I've been wanting.

Cheers,

Schoon

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 3D resin printer for Chrismas.... and I just realized this thread is for someone's third party bits store and not sharing files... oh well.

That's still very cool. Congrats!

And for those interested, Taro he re-opened his webstore after being closed for the Holidays.

I may have to get a few Armiger weapons to try out on Titans...

I got a 3D resin printer for Chrismas.... and I just realized this thread is for someone's third party bits store and not sharing files... oh well.

That's still very cool. Congrats!

And for those interested, Taro he re-opened his webstore after being closed for the Holidays.

I may have to get a few Armiger weapons to try out on Titans...

For size comparison here is a Taro Claw and Autocannon next to a Titanicus Volcano Cannon. Currently these are my only Taro weapons. I plan to get a variety of all the Armiger weapons asap.

50796790116_3d3e21079f_c.jpg20210103_145255 by nifty, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

I received my Taro order for Armiger weapons a few days back:

gallery_8852_16193_49570.jpeg

The quality of the resin casts are very good - crisp detail, no bubbles or mold lines to speak of.

They are scaled just about right for either Reavers or Warlords, depending on how you assemble. I will omit the gunshield as well as adapt to an appropriate shoulder/arm piece from the Titan kit.

I think that I'll just cut down the weapon "body" a bit for Reaver stuff, and leave it intact for Warlord weapons.

I'll post pictures of them in my own thread when I get something put together. I think I'll do the Volkalite Veuglaire first, as I like the looks.

By chance do you have one of their heads? I’m wondering if the skull head he makes is similar size to the warlord heads... if it’s close It might make an interesting conversion.

Thanks for tuning me into these guys

I do not... yet, as that sounds like a very interesting idea!

Yeah I’m going to have to do it now. Looking at size comparisons for the armagurs and reavers, I am like 90% sure it’s the exact same size as a warbringer head and only slightly smaller than a warlord. So now my mortis will get a skull faced warbringer Edited by The boater